Garnier's New BB cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got some of this in light/medium, and while I love the texture and the kind of dewy finish, it's just a bit too dark for me.  Still wearable with a bit of powder, but I wish they made a lighter shade, since the powder kind of cancels out the dewyness I like.

Anyone know of a BB cream that has a shade that's good for truly fair skin?

The Missha #21 I believe is the lightest and mostly the lightest shade of the bb creams and I believe should suit your fair skin well. I love Skin Food and Skin79 BB creams the most. Lioele is really good too but is only available in one shade and I think maybe darker for truly fair skin.

I was actually really excited about this product since it won a Beauty Product of the Year award here in Sweden, but I was hugely disappointed with it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tried she shade Light and I was shocked at how dark it was! It was easy to blend, but there was no way I was going to get away with it since I bet the shade was 5 times darker than my skin tone. Also it both felt and looked incredibly greasy, I have very dry skin so I thought it was going to be good for me, but it actually made the dry areas of my skin more prominent and managed to make me look like I'd just dipped my entire face in butter at the same time. So odd!

Originally Posted by Stackhouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also it both felt and looked incredibly greasy, I have very dry skin so I thought it was going to be good for me, but it actually made the dry areas of my skin more prominent and managed to make me look like I'd just dipped my entire face in butter at the same time. So odd!
I'm kind of happy you said this.  It felt the same way too me, like my face stayed wet all day long.

Most of these things I expect to feel like a tinted moisturizer, but to me it was halfway between a tinted moisturizer and a liquid foundation (in terms of coverage), but then it would never set.  (Like the first few seconds after applying moisturizer where your face still feels wet?  My face would feel like that for the entire day)

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of happy you said this.  It felt the same way too me, like my face stayed wet all day long.

Most of these things I expect to feel like a tinted moisturizer, but to me it was halfway between a tinted moisturizer and a liquid foundation (in terms of coverage), but then it would never set.  (Like the first few seconds after applying moisturizer where your face still feels wet?  My face would feel like that for the entire day)
Yes, that's exactly how it felt like! I tried to fix it with some powder but it didn't help much, I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off.

As I mentioned before I bought both shades. I gave one to my daughter and kept the other. I don't like the smell and find it leaves my skin feeling greasy. For the last month... at least a month now, I've noticed that I have to large, painful nodes on either side of my face next to my nose. Similar to a zit but these are deep within the skin and don't look like zits but more like cysts. I had two in the same areas that lasted two weeks then went away but showed up again. At first I thought it might be my period since it occurred near the beginning of my cycle but two months in a row? The only thing different is that I've been using the Garnier BB cream on a daily basis to give use it up since I hate wasting money. I really do think the Garnier BB cream has something to do with it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As I mentioned before I bought both shades. I gave one to my daughter and kept the other. I don't like the smell and find it leaves my skin feeling greasy. For the last month... at least a month now, I've noticed that I have to large, painful nodes on either side of my face next to my nose. Similar to a zit but these are deep within the skin and don't look like zits but more like cysts. I had two in the same areas that lasted two weeks then went away but showed up again. At first I thought it might be my period since it occurred near the beginning of my cycle but two months in a row? The only thing different is that I've been using the Garnier BB cream on a daily basis to give use it up since I hate wasting money. I really do think the Garnier BB cream has something to do with it.
I wouldn't be surprised. The few things I have used from them on my skin have all resulted in cystic acne. I think my skin reacts to the strong amount of fragrance in their products.

I'm going to discontinue using it. These are just too painful to deal with. Luckily my daughter gets a prescription acne medication so I'll use that one the two bumps.

Back