Gas Prices

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn Tony, thats gonna cost ya!! So I went to get gas and holy crap, it went down 5 cents (where the f*** is my cents key on my computer?) from Monday. Yay, however when you spend 90/week on gas that 5 cents didnt seem to really matter.
icon_evil.gif

Mine was still @ $3.29 a gallon this morning.
icon_evil.gif
I really hope this changes, because I do lots of driving each day to and from work. I have easily paid for over $200 worth of gas in the last 7 days and I think that's crazy and there's nothing I can do about it. So frustrating!!!!

Melissa, Thanks for the fabulous website. I have a son who just turned 16 and we are trying to keep the gas as low as possible since we are gassing up 4 cars now!

Originally Posted by eightthirty Gas prices around the world
I thought it was interesting to gas prices around the world - see above.

Find the lowest gas prices in your area

I've used this site before and it's a great help, but I have to go out of my way to get to other gas stations....I only pass one!

Been 2.60 for reg at the cheep places, a friend tole me earlier today she saw a place at 2.75..here in south west florida

Gas prices jumped about 60 cents TODAY in my Indiana town, supposedly because of the hurricane! Right now it's $3.29 for the cheapest grade. Of course I'm not extremely concerned with it because I drive my car so rarely -- I take the bus to class, and I only drive to church on Sundays and one or two quick trips to Wal-Mart or fast food during the week, so I gas up about once a month. Hubby works close to home so he doesn't need to gas up every week either. Maybe there are advantages to living in a smaller town, when everything is so close to you
wink.gif

Ours went from $2.43 earlier this morning to $3.10 this evening, and that's just for regular. My town isn't big, but everything is so spred out. Luckily I only live about 5 miles from work, so other than that I'm not going anywhere for a while!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Gas prices jumped about 60 cents TODAY in my Indiana town, supposedly because of the hurricane! Right now it's $3.29 for the cheapest grade. Of course I'm not extremely concerned with it because I drive my car so rarely -- I take the bus to class, and I only drive to church on Sundays and one or two quick trips to Wal-Mart or fast food during the week, so I gas up about once a month. Hubby works close to home so he doesn't need to gas up every week either. Maybe there are advantages to living in a smaller town, when everything is so close to you
wink.gif

Once a month for gas??? OMG I wish. Currently I'm seeing my gas attendant 3 times a week. $3.49 today in lovely NYC. The gouging is really ticking me off and we have a wonderful president who refuses to do something about it.

wow... everything just JUMPED!! I wish I listened last night when I heard that everyone was going to fill up b/c they were going up today... I figured a few cents... fine... But almost like a $1.00 a gallon?!?! Are they kidding!?!?
icon_eek.gif
A few of my friends did go last night, only to find EVERY gas station MOBBED!!!! She said that people were actually FIST-FIGHTING in the Hess parking lot!
icon_eek.gif
I saw one station at $2.89 for reg. this morning on my way to work, and naturally I needed gas, but was running late - so I figured I'd go on lunch... WELP!! By lunch that one went up to $3.29 for reg. and the other "non-brand name" gas stations on the rd. I work on were even more than that!!! I finally stopped off at a Sunoco tonight to fill up... $2.99 a gallon for reg. Not bad compared to the $3.49 they're charging only a mile away from it. It still took about $34 to fill it up... but I was only a little above 1/4 of a tank. Better not let it get to "E" or I'll have to take out a loan!!! lol And ya know - what really sucks, is that it doesn't HAVE to be this high. It's all tax!! My boyfriend works for the State.... and they have gas pumps there at his department. (Only the state trucks and "official" people can use them though) and it's only $1.19 a gallon.... why? Because they are the state... and obviously the state doesn't have to pay it's own taxes... so needless to say... THEY did not see any hike in gas prices. Makes you think how 'for you' our State Officials are
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine That sucks Janelle! My bf gets cheaper gas at his base, but I don't know how much cheaper it is. But I definitely recommend checking out gasbuddy, saves you time from driving around looking for the best prices and saves you money too! I'm gonna check it out right now
wink.gif

we're at $3.19 for regular unleaded in michigan. 1 buy mid-grade and that's going for $3.30 per gallon. the word is that it will be $4.00 by the weekend for regular unleaded.

$3.59 for reg, $3.90 for super at some places here in NYC. $4+ perfect timing for the holiday weekend. I'm beginning to sense a pattern here. Now some families won't even be able to get away if they wanted to. How sad. Someone (bush) needs to impose a cap FAST. How much fatter do they want their pockets to get?

I filled up on Tuesday and was told they were out of regular. So I paid $2.71 for Plus (middle grade) instead of the $2.59 for regular. Today regular is $3.09! WTF?! This is nuts!
mad.gif

This is in Parsippany, NJ. (Northern NJ)

This is just freaking nuts!! Gas here was going up as it was but just last night alone the low grade went up .60 a gallon!!
icon_evil.gif
I've also heard about the release of reserves so that the barrel price wouldn't jump up so why the price is jumping so darn high so fast is beyond me!
icon_eek.gif

Gas gouging, padding their pockets and the government isn't doing anything for it's hard working citizens, which is no surprise we are getting ripped off. I think it's time to shop around for a hybrid.

Back