Gas Prices

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of people rushed out and filled up their cars the day the hurricane hit, which helped the prices raise so quickly. (Though I am not sure if that is the only reason -- I am no economist!) Remember how everyone rushed to gas up their cars after September 11 and gas prices went through the roof for a few days? I had a friend who was an economics major at the time and he was so mad that people were stupid enough to do that -- of course gas stations are going to increase their prices when the demand goes up like that!

However, they are saying on the news that the prices will probably stay up for a while, so there must be other factors involved...
confused.gif

i think it's because of where the oil things are. i believe they're in the gulf coast, so they had to shut things down
frown.gif

Hi All,

I filled up on Tuesday morning here in Connecticut it was @ $2.69, this morning I drove by and it was $2.89 for Reg. and $3.09 for Preminum....YIKES!

Jen

My husband called me earlier to tell me that they stopped selling gas at all the local gas stations here at 4pm today and to watch for people trying to steal gas from other cars.
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by AngelaMH My husband called me earlier to tell me that they stopped selling gas at all the local gas stations here at 4pm today and to watch for people trying to steal gas from other cars.
icon_frown.gif
How can they do that?

Originally Posted by AngelaMH My husband called me earlier to tell me that they stopped selling gas at all the local gas stations here at 4pm today and to watch for people trying to steal gas from other cars.
icon_frown.gif
where are you from ?!
icon_eek.gif

The gas prices went up over here too. It´s now about 1.50 Euros per litre.
icon_eek.gif

OMG, I´m so glad I don´t need to use a car.

I live in Rhode Island and the usual price for gas is $3.00 or up. If you're lucky you can find a few stations that charge $2.00 and up.
icon_neutral.gif
People are afraid the prices will go up to $4.00 by the end of this week.
confused.gif

This concerns my dad more, while I don't have the age or license to drive yet. it's crazy though...o_O

http://www.rhodeislandgasprices.com/

icon_frown.gif
that's not right...
icon_eek.gif
obviously it will create some chaos...

Originally Posted by eightthirty I'm revamping an old thread.
I paid $2.73 per gallon today, Duluth, Georgia.

i pay $3.00 for regular, brooklyn, new york

FL $2.90 Regular price...

oh god..guess we have to stop driving...
eusa_wall.gif

Uggggghhhhhhhhh............. This is getting out of hand. Today in San Diego I filled uo my car and I can only put super in my car and it was 3.64.

I don't know how much longer I can afford to pay that! Plus I travel up to LA every weekend to see my boyfriend and this is just going to kill me
scream3.gif

It's $2.79 in Waco, Texas and they said it's going up tonight. I'm telling y'all, I really need to get me one of those "carts" like I posted in another forum.

scream3.gif
These gas prices are insane! I paid $2.63 a gallon this past weekend and today the price is $2.69 a gallon. That's $40 a week!

How are people supposed to afford this? This is nuts!

I heard on the radio this morning that by summers end it will be up to $4.00 a gallon!
eusa_wall.gif

I am of the belief that if gas prices keep going up, there will be a whole new culture of people working from home. I also think that minimum wage jobs are in jeopardy. At a certain point, if you are only making enough money to pay for the gas to get you to the job, what is the point?

over here i think they go by the litre.. i had to fill up yesterday and it was at about $1.15
scream3.gif

Well, using the conversion...we pay in Switzerland $4.50 a gallon....In Italy it is around $5.00, with Switzerland being one of the least expensive places in Europe to buy gas. People in southern Germany come over the border to fill up all the time.....

South Lake Tahoe, California.....Al's Ski Run Chevron.....$3.17 a gallon.!!!

LMAO at Lisa's new transport.....uh, which one, the transpotty potty wagon or the C**kmobile?....
laughing.gif
either one would be pretty funny. I just got a visual of Lisa in Waco riding around in a huge **** the way Richard Pryor had his limo in the movie Car Wash! That would Rule.....!

Back