Gay Marriage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your prayers. That is very sweet of you. :icon_love You never know how I will feel tomorrow or in 10 years but today, that is how I feel.

Most people believe in the religion they were born into, for no other reason. I admire people who later in life really research religions and then make a choice. It shows to me that it is more about the truth than what the preacher said when they were 5. I am not making a single judgement on you. I know nothing about you or your religious beliefs. i am happy that you feel strongly and that the choice has been easy for you. But in a world where the bloodiest of battles have been fought over religion, it makes it hard for me to believe that god would want that. But maybe god does. I don't know. I really don't. Thank you for your prayers once again.

Peace xoxoxoxo

you're more than welcome and i completely understand where you are coming from, there's a lot of things that my religion teaches that i don't understand and things that happen in this world that i don't understand. there's also things that in my religion i don't entirely agree with i guess because i don't understand. i think that people should be allowed in heaven just for being a good person. we all make mistakes in life hopefully we learn from them and try not to repeat it. :icon_smil

oh, and with all of the different religions out there, you know we believe what we are taught.so it can definitely be confusing.:icon_conf

Yeah, Renae, that is exactly what I am saying. How do you know what is right? How do you know what is wrong? I was brought up Catholic. My grandmother worked for the church until she got a bit too Forgetful. I love to talk about religion. I am quite ignorant on the subject myself but I have tons of questions.

I just don't want you to think I am some sort of heathen or anti-christ because of how I feel. Because I am not. I am actually a very loving, caring and some what intelligent person. Not the devil disguise. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh no, i don't think that at all you are intitled to your own opinion.doesnt make you a bad person.:icon_smil

whats acceptable and whats not is different for every single individual on this planet. we create our own sets of right amd wrong and we cant impose our beliefs on others because they are different for each of us. hence why right and wrong dont really exist on their own, we make them exist in our minds by setting the values for them. things arent good or bad, or right and wrong. things just ARE.

again just my experience.

I totally agree with that. I really dislike 'slippery slope' arguments, if someone really did try to twist civil marriage into marrying minors or animals, it would be quashed in a minute. There is a HUGE difference between a consensual adult couple and an adult with an animal or a child. Sorry, but I think that people use this type of argument to scare people, when in actuality it has very little meaning, since neither is likely to happen at all.

Anyways, I am totally for gay marriage. Not unions, marriage. I understand that some of you are very religious, and I can respect that, but how does a gay couple being married affect you or your religious beliefs? Do you think that they are not worthy of following your religion, which may not condone homosexual relations?

Why should YOUR religious convictions dictate how someone else lives their life? So long as you approve of what they are doing? The only one who is allowed to pass judgment on us is God. Yes, we all make judgments on people, but most of us don't make laws that inhibit rights issues.

I also don't care about any type of Gay/lesbian parade/event; would you deny someone of another race to rally? I don't think so, one because it is illegal,and two, because racism is socially unacceptable and viewed as pure bigotry. So why is the opposition to gays any different?

And I agree with Trisha, I don't really like to see any hardcore PDA, whether it be a straight or gay couple!

great discussion so far. I mostly agree with karrieann here.

I´m for gay union and gay marriage. if whatever religion you believe in doesn´t allow you to get married in CHURCH, then the gay couples should at least be allowed to get married in a civil hall or something. although civil union/marriage is probably not gonna change the couple´s feelings for each other, but the term marriage just implies that a couple wants to spend their lives together. why does there need to be a different term for it? it´s just a WORD. I strictly believe in the seperation of state and church!!!

I`d be interested in how gay RELIGIOUS couples feel about being "rejected" by their religion. how do they feel when their religion teaches themthat what they´re doing is "wrong"...? would those people even want to get married in a church? I´d really like to now.

well to answer your ? on gays religion and marriage. the bible teaches in more than one part that it is a sin. a priest or anyone calling themselves a true man of God can't really be a true man of God marrying gays b/c if they were then they are sinning as well.a gay couple can't be true christians b/c they would know that the bible and all of jesus's teachings in it says it's a sin. i hope that explains it no one has to agree with it. but me personally i don't care if you're gay or not as long as you're a nice and good person that's all that matters to me. hope i didn't offend anyone just thought i should throw that in and that's why a lot of priests or preachers won't marry gay couples.

oh sorry just finished reading all of your comment thought you were asking something else

i know what you're saying arielle, ive wondered that too, but i also wondered if people are really born gay then why and why is it a sin for them? i can understand if people choose to be but you can't help the way you're born you know what i mean.

It sums the debate up in one tidy package for me:

"Quote one sin - quote them all"

i'm not religious at all... so i'm for gay marriage/union. it's not bothering me any. plus i believe in the seperation of church and state. since i'm not religious, i don't think their values and beliefs should be pushed on me.

straight couples who do get married actually make a mockery out of marriage. they get married and then not even 3 days later get an anullment (sp?)! to me, that's worse than a gay couple that wants to get married.

Back