Getting to know one another

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello all - I'm new and therefore felt I should post
smile.gif

1) I'm 17, still at sixth form and therefore my makeup habit is keeping me away from demon drink/smoking/other vices of youth etc (yay!!!) - last year at same school I've been at since Age 4 (14 years!!!) - scary amount of responsibility as Deputy Head Girl

2) I'm studying for A Levels in Classics, EarlyModern History and Biology (AS Politics) and Latin GCSE - all so I can do Archaeology at either Cambridge (w/ anthropology) or Sheffield

3) I have two cats who I love to death called Angus and Barney, a fish called Kirk and 3 adopted (the bf's) dogs - Shannon, Nula and Wee Man...

4) I am currently in the midst of a horrific work only weekend - only bright spot = going to watch bf captain rugby - he goes to Harrow, so thankfully can walk there (failed first driving test this week lol)

5) Apart from sponging off 'rents who disaprove of make-up habit - am a lifeguard at Harrow School - good pay/ great workmates/good looking guys to watch while on poolside hehe

6) Love exercise (Yes I'm strange...) - play squash, swim and go to the gym approx 5x a week

7) Have way too much make-up considering how I only wear it when goin out with mates/need to make a special effort for an occasion/need cheering up

8) Favourite MU brands inc. Benefit/Clarins/Clinique/MAC/Urban Decay

9) Tall at 5"10 but still wear heels - good thing bf is 6"2 lol

10) Native Chelsea Girl (not a sloane god forbid) but transplanted to the relative quiet and greenery of Harrow-on-the-Hill

11) Brownie Guide leader - love them - so cute!!!

12) should have done this before - light brown hair, green eyes, pale though warm tone skin

13) Fave tv = CSI (LV), Law and Order (CI), House, Waking the Dead, Silent Witness

14) I Love Life

thats all for now folks
smile.gif

-xc

Originally Posted by Marisol Wow, you and I are a lot alike that it is scary. Once you screw me over, I am done with you. Why should we settle for that? No thank you. Self-preservation first.

Originally Posted by Jennifer that makes me so sad to hear because you're not the type of person that would do that to anyone and you didn't deserve it
frown.gif
Jennifer, don't feel sad, feel happy I had great friends that informed me of the situation before it was too late. We were on the verge of getting engaged (the announcement was a few weeks away). I would never be able to do something like that and to a cousin no less. Just disgusting. No morals, either of them.

Originally Posted by Salope Sofia, I'm so sorry to hear about that. It's such a horrible thing to experience. I can only imagine. It may be hard to see but you were their loss, they weren't yours. Another one of life's lessons that will only make us stronger and wiser. You are so sweet, thank you. That means a lot.
You ladies are just wonderful. Just proves what a great forum this is, with such great people out there.
smile.gif

--------------

• I love to cook and I am making a huge dinner for some friends tonight.
  • I love to entertain. Just something about good food, good friends and lots of laughs that makes me thankful for this little piece of time we call life.
  • I wish someone could be a part of tonight, but I don't think it will happen.

What an assh*le Sofia! I want to beat him up and your cousin too. lol What losers to do that. Seriously. I'm so disgusted by people with no integrity.

1. I love my mother very much but sometimes she's so darn negative it drives me nuts.

2. My first kiss was at 12 years old during a game of truth or dare.

3. 2001-2002 was the worst year of my life hands down. Everything came crashing down, one right after the other. I'm a different person now because of it all.

4. I used to curse like a truck driver in HS.
tongue.gif

5. I've always wished I were 5'8 but I'm only 5'5.

6. One of my favorite saying is "je m'en fou!"

7. I have a close friend who is just waiting for me to see he's the guy I've been looking for all along but although I love him dearly, I don't love him like that.
frown.gif

8. I bought my first Stila eyeshadow today...Viola.
smile.gif

icon_smile.gif
Hi , my name is michelle

I'm 36 yrs old

I'm a SAHM

I have had alot of medical problems last 4 yrs with female stuff and Back

I love makeup and body lotions

Love spending time with Hubby and kids

I have 2 dachshunds ~ Zeke is 2 and Jax is 10 wks

Like spending time reading on computer and talking to my freinds.

Hope you all have a Great Day!!!

More....

1. I use to do Karaoke shows for a living in east Texas.

2. I have slight scoliosis.

3. I always have cold hands and feet but a warm heart.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

4. I should stop procrastinating....starting tomorrow.

more...

1. I love sports both doing and watching

2. I sleep only 4-5 hours per night

3. I am a serious money saver

4. I love Disnleyland

5. I should drop 15 lbs

I think we are all pretty awesome! Here's some things about me:

1. I just quit teaching 4th grade to be a makeup artist with MaryKay

2. I have such a purse/bag fetish

3. I'm obcessed with all things Irish

4. We are "in waiting "to be adoptive parents

5. I Love Boba

6. I majored in Drama in college --especially loved the Makeup of course

7. I Live in San Diego CA

8. I'm into mysticism

9. I learned history from reading romance novels

10. I cantor at Mass and sing in the choir

Originally Posted by queenkimie I think we are all pretty awesome! Here's some things about me: 1. I just quit teaching 4th grade to be a makeup artist with MaryKay

2. I have such a purse/bag fetish

3. I'm obcessed with all things Irish

4. We are "in waiting "to be adoptive parents

5. I Love Boba

6. I majored in Drama in college --especially loved the Makeup of course

7. I Live in San Diego CA

8. I'm into mysticism

9. I learned history from reading romance novels

10. I cantor at Mass and sing in the choir

Welcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco.
I too have a purse fetish. How many do you think you have?

not a newbie but i haven't posted in this thread before...

1) i am a rising junior in college

2) i'm obsessed with the beach

3) i don't own any lipsticks

4) my fondest wish is to one day wake up looking like adriana lima

5) i want to move out of the city as soon as i'm done with school, buy some land in the country, build my dream house, and have a few horses

6) i live to read. i literally have books stacked everywhere

7) i cross stitch when i get bored

8) ben & jerry's ice cream (magic brownies flavor) = heaven

9) i'm obsessed with buying home decorations (towels, bedspreads, sheets, etc)

10) i love avatars and change mine at least once a week on here

11) disneyworld/land freaks me out

12) i cry at scary movies

13) i love ska and classical music in addition to random popular stuff

14) i have never been out of the country

more later if i think of stuff

Good bump

*I'm an only child with an only child

*I'm an RN, duh....and I love what I do. It truly was my "calling"

*I live in the Nation's Oldest City

*I live 2 miles from the beach

*I've been married twice. Married my high-school sweetheart at 19, divorced at 20. Married my current ex to be when I was 33 and we separated last July.

*I have THE most awesome mother in the world.

*I buy expensive m/u and cheap shoes.

*I'm an impulse buyer.

*I never have buyer's remorse.

*I drink coffee all day long

*I have a bit of road rage

*I hate grocery shopping. Would rather lick my toilet clean than go to the grocery store

*I'm getting ready to start working on my Master's (soooo expensive)

*My daughter has about 5 months left of Cosmetology school

*I hate to date

*I treat my dog like a person...I swear she understands every word I say.

*I've been 5'2 since I was 10. Wish my weight would have stayed that stable

*I was anorexic throughout my teen years. Not a problem now.

*I love being the age I am. I am more comfortable with myself than I have ever been.

*I am a super loyal person to those I love.

*I'm now addicted to MUT.

Cool thread, I guess I was always too lazy to post here
smile.gif

well...

• I love scary movies, I had fascination with them ever since I was a little kid, I remember excitement watching my first horror movie - I was 8 and it was some version of Dracula, ahhh, the excitement! First horror book I read was "Manitou" by Masterton, I read it under the covers so my mom would not discover. I was so paralyzed with fear, I physically had difficulties moving. hehe, now when I read this book I cannot see what was I so scared off
    laughing.gif
    I still enjoy horror films so much, nothing beats that, I even enjoy bad ones.
  • I am fascinated with cults, mental ilnesses and all that can go wrong with a human mind, I guess this is why I went to study psychology.
  • I used to study classical languages for a year in the university in Poland.
  • I love things that smell nice, candles, perfumes, plug-ins...
    drunken_smilie.gif
  • My friends call me environment nazi, I just like to harass people about recycling, I really dislike it when people don't recycle.
    scream3.gif
  • I am obsessed with Seinfeld, I watched each episode like 100 times, I wish there was a Sainfeld trivia game, cause I can bet I would win this one often.
  • I love to dance to crazy techno and trance, I love to go to clubs with such music, the bigger the better.
  • In general I am very shy, I dont like people paying a lot of attention to me, I am horrible accepting compliments and whenever somebody says something nice, I always think they say it to be nice or out of pity
    wink.gif
    hehe but at least I realize that it is crazy to think so.

-I'm a first year Medical Student

-I am OBSESSSSED with MAC

-I am awesome at scrapbooking

-I am a super clean neat freak

-I am trying to learn how to cook

-My summer goal is to work out everyday

-I love the Pussycat Dolls

-I thinks Friends and Scrubs are the best shows EVER

-I can be a lttle ditzy
hehe.gif

Hmmm , interesting answers here... Let's try :

* I'm a shy person, but when i'm with friends i can be really funny , but i tend to be more ironic/sarcastic (when i'm on a day that i'm "intelligent", otherwise i'm just a goofy person)

* I've ALWAYS been the youngest person on my classes , in every place i studied. In fact, some people think that i have an high IQ, but there's no scientifical evidences of the fact
smile.gif
(i never tested it) I'm on 3rd year of medschool, although i'm only 18

* I love to read, and used to read the newspaper everyday, but my dad cancelled the subscription
frown.gif

* I'm a hard worker when it's something i like, but i'm a little bit lazy

* I don't talk a lot about my feelings, and when it comes to love/relationships I WON'T TALK about it , about who i like, if i'm in love, if i want to date , if i imagine how it's going to be my first kiss. And i don't ask people about it. I hate talking about it because people begin to talk, to ask about my moves, to judge my choices, to make fun of me (i have trauma of that since i was a little girl). SO i prefer not to talk. But so to speak, i never dated anyone

* I tend to talk about my feelings with people that aren't close to me , like a if the person was an "outside observer".

* I can sleep on any place, and easily. I almost fall/fall asleep on every class and i'm known for that - a teacher even put my name on a test when talking about sleeping mechanisms.

* I learned to waltz by myself , watching a movie.

* I have such difficulty on making new friends and keeping it

* I love water, and love to swim, be on the pool, the sea, rain , even in a tin i can have a blast! However, when i take shower, i keep on drying my face because i don't like it to stay wet (really strange)

* I'm not afraid of lot of things

* I like to sing, dance , play the guitar, but none of those things i can do very well i think and none of them you'll see me doing in public

* I'm not fond on extense human contact. It means that i don't like to be hugged, i don't like strange people to touch me, don't like people touching my hair... Too many don'ts , isn't it? But i really like to hold people's hands
smile.gif
It gives me a sensation of caring much bigger than a hug, it feels like i'm safe

* I don't have tickles on any part of my body

* I love computers, cars , games, and pretty much everything that people consider "geeky" or "men" stuff

* I really like my lips
smile.gif

* I love to do researchs! But unfortunately if i choose to be a researcher here on Brazil, most likely i'll starve at the future. So i'm going to be a surgeon, i really like it too;

* My voice is really tedious sometimes, but when i get angry, my voice gets on a high pitch (people already know that when i'm becoming angry, my voice tone goes higher and higher)

* I have 2 sisters, and i'm on the same class of medschool of one of them. We really look alike, and people commonly mistake us when they don't know us a lot, and people changes our names - i'm lia and her nickname is bia, and they have a similar pronounce, so it's easy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back