Getting to know one another

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rosie, thanks for inviting me!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Some more about me:

1) we have 1 cat-Salem, one Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix-Miss Pixie, one full blooded Red Nose Pit-Bull-T-Bone and 6 semi aggressive fish.

2) I am a smoker

3) I have my 34th birthday coming up in 3 weeks and hope to get 2 more tattoos, one on each inside forearm.

4) have litte girl who is 7 going on 17!-Taylor

5) have a little boy who is 4-Clay

6) our son was born 3 days after our first anniversary

7) I was born on my maternal grandfathers birthday

8) our daughter was born the day after my maternal grandmothers birthday

9) my brothers b-day is 2 days after my paternal grandmothers birthday

10) my favorite actor is Vincent D'Onofrio from Law & Order: CI

11) my favorite shows are all Law & Orders shows, all CSI shows, The Closer and alot of the different law and forensic type shows

12) I also love Family Guy, Golden Girls, Will & Grace, Charmed, Bugs Bunny, Heathcliff, Garfield, plus others

13) I collect/trade postcards

14) I own 2 groups on Yahoo, one is a swapping group called- Swaps_R_Here and one is a friendship group called- Southern_Grace

15) I love swapping postcards, stationary, gel pens, anything w/ cats (sm. and lg), dogs, horses, pigs and alligators, mardi gras masks

16) I love MUT!

Take care,

Anita

First off I'm Mary Amber from texas

1) I'm a senior in highschool and i'm taking college classes to get ahead

2) I'm currently grounded from my car for the next month

3) I'm addicted to makeup even tho i suck at it

4) I love the stage and anything that has to do with it

4a) I'm currently in the Musical Once upon a Mattress where I play Queen Aggravain

5) I'm a huge nerd and Do UIL ( university interscholatic league) Where I compete in Prose, LipSync, Duet Acting, and improv almost every weekend I do something with that

6) I spend to much money on one of my habits.. smoking.

7) I believe everyone should have two names .. because I do.. lol Thats why my dogs name is Lucy Pearl lol

8) My best friend is Jesslyne Ward and i will love her to the day I die.

9) I am in love with music.. all kinds but i really like rap.. don't ask me why... but i can't live without it... even tho people say it isn't real music

10) my room is the hottest one in the house seeing as how it is really close to the garage so I have 3 fans going at all times... and i wont turn them off no matter how cold it is just in case it gets magically hot all of a sudden

Originally Posted by Mambz098 First off I'm Mary Amber from texas
4) I love the stage and anything that has to do with it

4a) I'm currently in the Musical Once upon a Mattress where I play Queen Aggravain

5) I'm a huge nerd and Do UIL ( university interscholatic league) Where I compete in Prose, LipSync, Duet Acting, and improv almost every weekend I do something with that

Oh, Mary Amber....u just reminded me of my high school days. I was so into musicals too. I did Into The Woods (as the Witch) and the Wizard of Oz (again as the Witch
smile.gif
) for the local community theatre. I even auditioned for Miss Saigon....sigh....those were the days. Thanks for the trip back to memory lane.
PS

Was a heavy smoker too, so I know what u mean about spending way too much money on a habit
frown.gif

Here's some more facts about me:

1. I liked reading and memorizing the dictionary when I was a kid.

2. I'm a nerd.

3. I can recite the alphabet backwards.

4. I was an ugly duckling and got picked on for the way I looked when I was in Elementary.

5. I became the class clown because it felt better having people laugh at my jokes instead of at my looks.

6. This was me in the 3rd grade with a bad perm. It's one of the better pics I have. Usually I didn't smile as a means to hide my teeth.

LisaThen.jpg

7. I wore braces for 3 years.

8. I often still feel like that scared, little kid inside.

Originally Posted by iloveparis Oh, Mary Amber....u just reminded me of my high school days. I was so into musicals too. I did Into The Woods (as the Witch) and the Wizard of Oz (again as the Witch
smile.gif
) for the local community theatre. I even auditioned for Miss Saigon....sigh....those were the days. Thanks for the trip back to memory lane.
PS

Was a heavy smoker too, so I know what u mean about spending way too much money on a habit
frown.gif

nice that made me laugh.... ahh high school.. can't wait til i'm out lol

Wow what a great thread idea! Glad to hear all is doing well now too. Janelle I am A LOT like you in many ways girl!

1. I live smack dab in the center of Massachusetts in a tiny little town, always lived in MA.

2. I am 24 and married with 2 children

3. Been with my now husband for 11 yrs total this xmas!!
icon_eek.gif
Married for 4 of those years.

4. Last summer I almost got divorced, but now we are working things out.

5. I have terrible credit!! I know what you mean Janelle!!

6. I also take home every stray animal I find. Right now I only have my pug dog. My kitty died last winter
icon_sad.gif

7. I also wanted to be a vet when I was little...

8. My husband has crashed 2 of my cars in the past year totaling 1 of them
icon_evil.gif

9. Love LOVE LOVE makeup, mostly eye makeup and lip glosses, started wearing makeup in the 8th grade.

10. Just starting to get into MAC in the past few months

11. Don't have many girl friends, and my husband never likes any of my friends lol go figure!

12. I am starting to get back into school but have no idea what to do and cant make up my mind!!

13. My brother is in the Marines and over in Iraq right now
icon_sad.gif
I miss him greatly

14. Very close to my parents and have a great relationship with them

15. I LOVE MUT! and cant wait to get to know everyone here
icon_cheesygrin.gif

16. I am way too sensitive!

17. Scored in the genius level of my IQ test, but still dont know what to do with my life!

18. I love white cars..not sure why I just think most cars can pull off white! I know Im weird. lol

19. I almost always wear heels when I go out only 5'1 but I just bought my first open toed shoe this spring!!

20. Love handbags!! Can't stop buying them.

21. Also hate clothes shopping because of the extra pounds! Still love shopping for everything else though
tongue.gif

welcome to all the newbies
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i LOVE this thread. i'm a nosy person, so this is heaven to me
wink.gif

here's some more about me...

1. i hate college. i hate school. i know there's no life without education, though, so that's why i'm still going.

2. my road test is in 3 weeks, but i drive whenever i want to, anyway, without my license. my mom said if i get caught one day, she's telling the cops i stole the car lol

3. i'm dieting - again.

4. i wear a 2-headed eagle pendant on my necklace ALL the time that my estranged grandpa got for me in kosovo when we went about 5 years ago.

5. i'm 18, but my family's very strict, so i can't do a lot of things or have as much "freedom" as most 18-year-olds - or 15-year-olds for that matter lol

6. i haven't spoken to my dad in about 5 or 6 months. don't care to again, either.

7. i have no girl friends (except the ones on MUT
wink.gif
), only acquaintances, so i'm usually with guys or talk to guys. i seem to get along with them better and they're not as judgemental.

8. i'm totally into this guy right now :icon_love and miss him like crazy
icon_sad.gif

9. i love my sidekick!

Sidekick.jpg

10. if i could change one thing about my physical appearance, it'd be my dark circles.

I love how this thread keeps popping up!

Rosie - you crack me up!

Mary Amber - rap is music and I am a fan too! Who is your fave?

Lisa - I often still feel like that scared, little kid inside. I think that a lot iof still do from time to time.

Chrystal - how many handbags do you have?

Originally Posted by Jennifer 8. i'm totally into this guy right now and miss him like crazy YAY! Glad that you have someone to be giddy about. You deserve it!

Originally Posted by Jennifer 8. i'm totally into this guy right now... [*]Join the club sista.
tongue.gif
That's great to hear, Jen.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[*]It seems like the more I ask, the less gets answered.

[*]Men should come with instructional guides. And they say women are difficult, I beg to differ.

[*]I've finally come to the conclusion that love is...oh who am I kidding, I'm in too deep now.

[*]Did you ever just walk and walk all day without a care in the world? Let your mind wander as you soak up everything around you? That's all I did today. I haven't had a leisure day like this in a while.

[*]I'm addicted to this site.

Originally Posted by Marisol YAY! Glad that you have someone to be giddy about. You deserve it! aw, thank you
icon_redface.gif
yeah, i'm at that stage where i get giddy LOL

Originally Posted by Sofia Join the club sista.
tongue.gif
awwww, you are, too :icon_love

Wow, I love this thread! I was not on my cp this w-end so what fun I had reading this morning! You all are so interesting!! Some about me:

1. 34, Blond & Blue 5'7 (almost).

2. 3 kids ages 14-girl, 11-boy, 6-boy.

3. Have always been afraid of the dark.

4. I love water, I drink Dasani ALL day long.

5. Love 80's music for the memories it brings back.

6. I don't watch much TV unless it's sports.

7. I love playing Golf & almost any other sport, I am very girly girl yet athletic.

8. I also am a fantasy sport fanatic, especially football, college basketball & golf.

9. In '99 my oldest son was 4 & diagnosed with a very rare and high risk form of leukemia, a childhood cancer. He battled almost 4 years and so far has won, 2 more years of remission and he will be, clinically, a survivor. He is my hero.

10. I have learned more about life and love from my oldest son, through his fight with cancer, than from anyone.

11. My 14 y/o daughter is my best friend, I am hers. My daughter is a level 7 gymnast.

12. I almost lost my life in '02 from a ruptured tubal pregnancy.

13. I work full time as a Purchasing Agent.

14. I volunteer at the Childrens Hospital as a Parent Mentor for newly diagnosed children with cancer.

15. I advocate for Childhood Cancer Awareness.

16. Lance Armstrong inspires me.

17. I love Mexican food, true Mexican food.

18. I love Mac and how Trish does eye make-up!

19. I'm so glad I found this site, I'm becoming obsessed....ahhhh!!!

1. I am going on my first double date tomorrow.
claps.gif

2. I am the most indecisive people in the world.

3. I am also super punctual. I will be early to my own funeral.
tongue.gif

4. I am constantly amazed at how some people can be such losers.

5. I have been wanting a pair of chucks for months now.

6. People think I'm a witch because I have a tendency to cut people out of my life but hey, if you never did anything to make me not want to know you anymore, then it wouldn't happen.
smile.gif

7. I don't believe men & women can be very good friends. Inevitably one develops feelings for the other. This is why I maintain a calculated distance with my close guy friends.

Originally Posted by Marisol Mary Amber - rap is music and I am a fan too! Who is your fave?

ahh.. just one

I like Slim Thug

and Chamillionaire

and A few of Mike jones

Lil Wyte

kanye

Young Jeezy

I just love rap...

who do you like???

Originally Posted by Salope 1. I am going on my first double date tomorrow.
claps.gif
oooohhh, good luck and have fun!!!
mambz, i like rap, too. i don't like the "doin' this ho behind the bar" songs, but most of rap has good lyrics if you get past all the cursing
wink.gif

Back