Getting to know one another

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Alittle about me :0)
1. I was born and raised in Louisiana

:0)

Wow, small world! I just moved back here like 2yrs ago
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Do you guys live near BRITNEY!?!? LOL ugh! I'd move if I did!
wink.gif
hahahaha

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Do you guys live near BRITNEY!?!? LOL ugh! I'd move if I did!
wink.gif
Her show got awful reviews!!

Same here a few hours away. Never realized till i saw the show how back-woods cajun she is, scary!

Originally Posted by Lisette

Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a newbie to this website. My name is Lisette and I'm from Montréal, Canada. I'm 62 years old and still young at heart. Using a wheelchair limits me
mad.gif
and I do almost all my shopping on Internet. I love skincare and makeup. I'm always looking for new lipsticks, it's a passion with me. I'm reading posts and reviews on MUT for over one year now but was not ready to post. I love this forum !
icon_wink.gif

Hi LIsette! Only 2 more posts and that annoying popup will go away
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lisette Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a newbie to this website. My name is Lisette and I'm from Montréal, Canada. I'm 62 years old and still young at heart. Using a wheelchair limits me
mad.gif
and I do almost all my shopping on Internet. I love skincare and makeup. I'm always looking for new lipsticks, it's a passion with me. I'm reading posts and reviews on MUT for over one year now but was not ready to post. I love this forum !
icon_wink.gif

Welcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you. If you need any help, feel free to PM me or any other mod. I see that you have been checking out our review center... it is definitely a great place to check things out before buying products.
Happy to have you here!

mad.gif
icon_wink.gif

Welcome to MUT Lisette. Glad you finally took the plunge and joined. I'm looking forward to posting with you.

Such a great topic idea. Since I'm a newbie, I should post some details:

1. I was born & raised in New Jersey but lived and work in NY so I consider myself a New Yorker in part.
icon_cool.gif

2. I'm the oldest of three. I have a younger brother & sister.

3. I've gotten closer with my sister over the years and it's great. My relationship with my brother has always been tumultuous but it's gotten better recently & it's made me happy.

4. I adore my mother's side of the family but dislike my father's side immensely.

5. My first job ever was as a HS freshman and I worked at Dairy Queen. This may come as a surprise, but it was one of the most demanding jobs I've ever had.

6. I love to read anything and everything, from magazines to novels to newspapers to nonfiction. I am such a dork but proud.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

7. I am much more sensitive than people think I am. I keep things inside a lot, to my own detriment.

8. I love languages and wish I could learn them all (see second part of #6). I speak 4 now although I don't think my French totally counts since it's so basic.

9. I've been in love once before. He was the most amazing guy I've ever known.

10. I am a stickler for spelling & grammar. I should have been an English teacher.

11. My sister has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a person.

12. I loveeeeee berry colored lips.

13. I was a vegetarian for about 8 years. I still only eat chicken & some fish.

14. My mother's mother is the sweetest, most happy go lucky person I've ever met.

15. An old friend used to call me the Joker because she thought my smile looked like Jack Nicholson's.

16. I love new things....traveling to different places, trying different kinds of foods & doing different things. I'll try (almost) anything once.

icon_smile.gif
Hi Lisette, welcome to this beautiful board.

mad.gif
icon_wink.gif

Hi Lizette and welcome!

My daughter is a student at McGill University and I go to Montreal several times a year to see her/drop her off/pick her up. You live in a beautiful city!

One of these days I am going to get to the MAC Pro store on St. Laurent. Last year my daughter lived one street over (St Dominique), and she didn't let me at it once. GRRRR.

I'm always on the search for that perfect lipstick also. Over the summer I expanded my search to include lip gloss and you should see the top of my bureau!

I'm a 45 y/o RN, divorced (in a committed relationship for the last 8 years), daughter 20 y/o, son 19 y/o. My son went to college this year so mow I am living by myself for the first time in my life. LOL, I am loving it! I live in a town the borders Boston, MA.

GO SOX!

Meg

1. My name is Tonia and I'm an HR Representative/Generalist specializing in recruiting and training

2. I am obsessed with collecting stila (especially Asia limited edition exclusives)

3. I would love to be a makeup artist if I could be guaranteed a steady check and make the same amount or more that I make in the field of HR

4. I am addicted to salt -n- vinegar potato chips, cheddar garlic biscuits from Red Lobster and apple martinis

5. I am truly a GEMINI, in a good mood, one minute, the next minute...watch out

6. I am not a fan of MAC cosmetics (don't shoot me), am still bitter about what Studio Fix did to my skin several years ago and think it's a lot of hype!

7. I was born and raised in New York, and I am really grateful for my East Coast roots now that I live in Los Angeles.

8. I cry at movies all the time, my bf walks with tissue in his jacket because he knows I'm a sap!

9. I am an EBAY ho, I don't know what I did before EBAY!

10. I love MAKEUP (big surprise)!

Thank you for the welcome Tony!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi Tonia! Welcome to MakeupTalk. Thanks for joining up. I see you are well versed in forum activities! I'm Tony from Orange County!

1. I am the Mother of 2 boys who are 16 and 9 and the loves of my life.

2. I have been married 3 times but this one has lasted 13 years and going strong.

3. I was a bartender for 12 years in a very hot club here in Florida, yes where I met all 3 husbands, lol.

4. I dont work anymore because I am have has lupus 17 years and it has really been bringing me down the last 3.

5. My step-father was military so I have lived in Germany, Greece and Spain and seen several other countries as well.

6. I am an artist, I like to write as well. When I was MUCH younger I did some modeling which I loved mostly local for stores in the Mall and some runway.

7. I have finished cosmetology school when I was 19 but there was more money slingin drinks so I never worked in a shop, just do hair for friends and family.

8. I am white as sheet with blue eyes and blonde hair. I have very long natural nails that I spend hours manicuring, I get really upset when one breaks, lol.

9. I have a very soft heart and when I see others in need I often can't resist give them money or take them in much to the dismay of hubby as many of the people used and took advantage of my kindness.

10. I have loved MU since I was a very young girl. Having no sisters and no daughters (and somehow most my friends are male) I have never really had anyone to share my love of MU with so being of part of MUT has been a very wonderful thing for me and I would like to say thank you for that.

Oh and did forget to say I am awesome,

Joy

Hello, Tonia, and welcome to MUT. I'm Lisa from Texas.

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool 6. I am not a fan of MAC cosmetics (don't shoot me), am still bitter about what Studio Fix did to my skin several years ago and think it's a lot of hype! Do you mind me asking further about why you dislike Studio Fix and what happened?

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Hello, Tonia, and welcome to MUT. I'm Lisa from Texas.

Do you mind me asking further about why you dislike Studio Fix and what happened?

Hi Lisa, thanks for the welcome. No, I don't mind you asking. I hate Studio Fix because I think it is horrible for your skin. I've always had good skin my entire life, no breakouts. I can seriously count on 2 hands the number of times I've broken out in my life. Well, I tried Studio Fix a few years back and it caused all of these horrible little bumps all over my face; it was awful. My dermatologist told me that it was the culprit and that MAC foundation is horrible for your skin. My sister had the exact same reaction and I've had many friends with the same problem. I think many people get caught up in the "ease of the product" and ignore what it may be doing to their skin. I think MAC is great for other things like lip gloss and eye shadow, but their foundations are HORRIBLE.

Welcome to all Newbies! Tonia - glad to see u posting and on board
claps.gif

Charmaine and other ladies getting past medical issues - stay well and live well!

Wongy & Arielle - u r over the top!

Lilla/Nulifer - Merhaba!

Me:

1) 44 y.o. divorcee (long time ago) - no kids and not planning for any

2) Seeing a younger HOT, tall (6' 5") cop - mind u I am only 5' 1"
icon_biggrin.gif
- hey but it's the horizontal challenge that's fun.

3) Chinese/Dutch born and raised in Jamaica West Indies.

4) Outside of Jamaica, I lived in Miami, FL and now in Hell's Kitchen, NYC for the past 7 1/2 years.

5) Love love animals and most of my charity work benefits them.

6) Involved in various charities benefitting animals, terminally ill children and older folks who are forgotten in retirement/nursing homes.

7) Lost my Mom 3 years ago; lost my brother 1 year ago; but I still have Dad and 2 older brothers and nieces and nephews.

8) Youngest of 4 siblings and only girl and somehow ended up being the anchor of the family.

9) I am very fortunate enough to have the ability to always land on my feet no matter how bad things have been - I might be down but never out.

10) I am a lover of life and really enjoy seeing people happy!

11) I am a giver - give - give - give - it brings me joy to see / make someone feel good/appreciated.

12) I have 2 poodles - Cuccio (boy - 4.5 lbs/14 y.o. Apricot) and Tiffany (girl - 13 lbs/13 y.o. Cream).

13) I have travelled throughout Europe, the U.S. and Canada - best vacation has been on the Blue Voyage out of Bodrum, Turkey on a private gulet (wooden boat w/motor & sails) for 8 days & 7 nights with 7 other friends.

14) I have friends worldwide so I can vacation worldwide
icon_smile.gif

15) Makeup, shoes, jewelry, clothes addict!!!

OK I'll stop now.

Rosie

I don't know how I could've missed this thread....it's wonderful to read about how everyone is so diverse here and has gone through so many things. Bravo to everyone for sharing stuff about themselves
claps.gif
And welcome to the newbies
smile.gif
I'm Emmy from Canada.

Back