Getting to know one another

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've never heard of that name

i think it starts with a b...? oh and it's kind of a brownish color and sticky

I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a newbie to this website. My names Mary, I'm from a suburb outside of Boston. I love makeup, it's like an obsession with me, you can never have too much. Well just wanted to say hi!
icon_lol.gif

Hi Mary!! Welcome to MuT!! We're so glad you found us. You've definitely found the perfect board for your obsession. As you can tell by my screen name, I feel the same way..... you can never have too much mu!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by maryb74 I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a newbie to this website. My names Mary, I'm from a suburb outside of Boston. I love makeup, it's like an obsession with me, you can never have too much. Well just wanted to say hi!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I'm curious about your internship at Estee Lauder -- did you work in the corporate office? Joy, yes the corp. office on the east side. What I miss most is all the freebies, the first look at new products before introduction to the public, did I mention the freebies. When I left I had a whole trunk full of every EL product and many, many multiples, full size, sample size, ahhhh those were good days.

Originally Posted by KMEFH Sofia, u seem soooo busy! Busy isn't the word. Ever since my Dad said he had no interest in working anymore, I've been taking up the slack. So I now work long days/nights and weekends. I have no life and it's hindering my "personal" project.

1) I'm new to this website and still figuring out how to go about everything from posting messages to creating my notepad, etc., etc. etc...

2) I live in Los Angeles with my hubby and 11 year old daughter. Been here for over 20 years. Born in the US but raised in the Philippines up until I was 18 (minus 3 years of that was spent in Scotland)

3) Just started getting into MAC makeup and I love their eyeshadows. Still having problems combining colors and how and where to apply them. Have been getting some ideas from all of you and it has been a great help. My sister thinks I'm crazy spending so much in skincare products and makeup-she's not into any of this.

4) I work full time as a nurse in a nursing home-been here forever!

5) I like to watch scary movies only if I have company, but I hate the feeling after the movie is over (especially if the movie is watched at night)- can't go anywhere without someone with me.

Just Me,

Jeanie

Originally Posted by Liz puto is good, but that's not the one i was talking about. it's sweet rice and sometimes they wrap it in banana leaves. Is it Suman?

Originally Posted by Liz i've never heard of that name
i think it starts with a b...? oh and it's kind of a brownish color and sticky

Must be bibingka.

Originally Posted by Mac@40 Must be bibingka. YES! that's it!!! thanks. lol. i knew i wasn't crazy.
sometimes i'm really bad with remembering names for things. like the other day, i asked my bf what the name of his dermatologist was. i go upstairs, try to remember the name. go bakc downstairs and ask him again. I'm like "I know it starts with an M. Dr. Melbourne??" he starts laughing at me. and he's like "Melbourne??? It's Dr. Hambley!!!" LOL! I have no idea how i came up with Melbourne....?
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Liz YES! that's it!!! thanks. lol. i knew i wasn't crazy.
sometimes i'm really bad with remembering names for things. like the other day, i asked my bf what the name of his dermatologist was. i go upstairs, try to remember the name. go bakc downstairs and ask him again. I'm like "I know it starts with an M. Dr. Melbourne??" he starts laughing at me. and he's like "Melbourne??? It's Dr. Hambley!!!" LOL! I have no idea how i came up with Melbourne....?
icon_lol.gif

You welcome! That's okay it happens to me too all the time. My hubby always gives me this strange look on his face each time it happens.

Ugh... will never eat balut. Ugh, yuck. Also will never eat dinaguan again- I got tricked into eating it by my neighbors @ their New Year's party. They wouldn't tell me what it was until after I ate it. Sooo gross!

Originally Posted by Liz i will not eat balut or dinaguan. i'm really picky about meat. lol. so i won't eat like liver or any other kind of intestine stuff. lol.

Pretty sure it's chicken. But maybe it's both.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Duck Embryo I think. Balut played a big part on Survivor this year also

Originally Posted by wongy74 Ugh... will never eat balut. Ugh, yuck. Also will never eat dinaguan again- I got tricked into eating it by my neighbors @ their New Year's party. They wouldn't tell me what it was until after I ate it. Sooo gross! I got tricked into eating balut too,( I think I was about 10 years old then) I think it was my dad who told me to eat it in the dark. So I go into my dad's office with the lights off and started drinking it's juice (which I was told to do first after cracking the shell) then I felt something hairy and bony so out of curiosity I turned on the lights and I had biggest shock of my life
eek.gif
!!! Since then I never tried it and will never, ever ear that!!! They did the same thing to me with the dinuguan-told me after eating it- don't eat that stuff too!
Just Me,
icon_smile.gif

Jeanie

Originally Posted by Mac@40 I got tricked into eating balut too,( I think I was about 10 years old then) I think it was my dad who told me to eat it in the dark. So I go into my dad's office with the lights off and started drinking it's juice (which I was told to do first after cracking the shell) then I felt something hairy and bony so out of curiosity I turned on the lights and I had biggest shock of my life
eek.gif
!!! Since then I never tried it and will never, ever ear that!!! They did the same thing to me with the dinuguan-told me after eating it- don't eat that stuff too!
Just Me,
icon_smile.gif

Jeanie

I would have been so mad. I can understand that there are differences in cuisine in other countries, but that just makes me ill.

Thanks for the info Nicole and Charmaine. I really don't think I can make myself eat that either. I always try every dish from each country but I can't try balut.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Actually, that's a pretty good description! Yes, it's considered a delicacy in the Philippines, and a lot of people I know like it. They usually have vendors walking around late at night yelling out "Balut! Balut!" so the people in the houses can hear them and purchase some. I guess a lot of people eat it at night. If you dare, do a google search and I'm sure some pictures will pop up. Just beware as it is pretty graphic.

Welcome to MuT, Maryb & MAC@40! Nice to have you both! I'm Janelle from NY - great to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And I love MAC shadows too - they're my new favorite splurges!
wink.gif

Alittle about me :0)

1. I was born and raised in Louisiana

2. I am 25 will be 26 on August 2nd (man I am getting old)

3. I am married, it will be 4 years on August 4th (note: I made it close to my birthday so I could get more gifts)

4. The hubby and I just baught our first house together

5. I am a stylist and have been since '98

6. I collect anything and everything Elvis Presley (I have been to Graceland 15 times)

7. I own a Corvette:icon_love

8. I would marry my flatiron if I had the chance (it is a CHI, I do not go anywhere without it, even to the clubs)(if they have plug-ins)

9. I have 4 tattoos, and plan on getting more (I love them, to me they are so relaxing)

10. I am a natural Blonde

11. I love my family so I refuse to move anywhere that is more then 10 miles away from them

This is all I can think of now, if I come up with something new I will post :0)

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Alittle about me :0)

3. I am married, it will be 4 years on August 4th (note: I made it close to my birthday so I could get more gifts)

6. I collect anything and everything Elvis Presley (I have been to Graceland 15 times)

8. I would marry my flatiron if I had the chance (it is a CHI, I do not go anywhere without it, even to the clubs)(if they have plug-ins)

hahahaha!!!
i've been to graceland once when I was younger. I want to visit again to since I would remember it mroe and take more pics. But then, what else is there to do over there?! lol. I don't know who would go with me.

Back