girls~ do you think brand is important?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think you have to spends hundred of thousands of dollars for a good quality bag, buuuut i do have two louis vuittons and love them! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but i also have forever 21 & h&m bags that are super cute and that i love to wear! what makes me want to buy a bag is the quality, really. i recently bought a really cute, taupe purse from charlotte rousse for about $30 and some parts of the bag ripped already, and show serious signs of wear. i was very disappointed by that! :/ but then again, paying $500 for a bag doesn't mean they're A+ quality all the time.. i've read about LV bags that were catastrophic (and not knock-off). so.. meh.

i also have an alexander wang bag (the gunny sac).. have had it for a little under a year and it's my most used bag! noticed some wear and tear on the bottom and was kind of bummed about that ;/

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I choose handbags when I go to outlet stores. There is this one outlet I LURVE in the neighboring state where you could get a Louis Vuitton bag for $25 dollars!!

I don't think brand handbags are everything, but they come in handy when you want to look professional and impressive (and rich!!).

uhm... i really hope you didn't actually spend even as little as $25 on those bags because i can guarantee they were fakefakefake! i don't care at all if girls wear knock-offs, like really. not in the least bit, to each their own! BUT... it is simply unfair and to make someone believe they buy the real thing when they're not. that's scam!!!

so here's my advice.. louis vuitton doesn't have outlets. ever. they don't discount their bags. eeevvver. and besides stores like saks, their own LV boutiques and.. idk... barneys maybe? never been to a barneys! but you get the idea! anyway.. besides those stores.. they won't be real.. please be careful and don't spend your money at people's stores that blatantly lie to you and take advantage of you!

i also have an alexander wang bag (the gunny sac).. have had it for a little under a year and it's my most used bag! noticed some wear and tear on the bottom and was kind of bummed about that ;/
I really want a Wang Rocco, but all the complaints on tPF and the like complaining about early wear & tear makes me nervous. Anywho, on topic: bags are one of the few things I'm willing to spend on; I try and purchase Contemporary line (Rebecca Minkoff is my crack) bags on sale, but I'm more than willing to spend on Premier lines, though I do it far less often. I've amassed several since I was 18 (1 each of Chanel, LV, Chloe, Dior & Balenciaga; along with 3 RM's) but I still want a few more. I love the idea that my teenage daughter, 25 or 30 years from now, can say she's carrying vintage Dior or Chloe when someone compliments her bag.

Okay, I will amend what I said. I know brand name shouldn't be important, but I did fall in love with a B. Makowsky the other day and the thought did go through my head "wouldn't it be nice to have designer bag going into class" which is shallow and stupid, but I would be a hypocrite if I didn't admit it.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really want a Wang Rocco, but all the complaints on tPF and the like complaining about early wear & tear makes me nervous.

Anywho, on topic: bags are one of the few things I'm willing to spend on; I try and purchase Contemporary line (Rebecca Minkoff is my crack) bags on sale, but I'm more than willing to spend on Premier lines, though I do it far less often. I've amassed several since I was 18 (1 each of Chanel, LV, Chloe, Dior & Balenciaga; along with 3 RM's) but I still want a few more. I love the idea that my teenage daughter, 25 or 30 years from now, can say she's carrying vintage Dior or Chloe when someone compliments her bag.

really? i haven't been on tPF in sooo long, some of the ladies there annoy the crap outta me with their snobbish comments! ;/

and i think it really depends on how you treat your (AW) bag! the leather is very soft and buttery on my eniko, and i admit.. i throw it around a lot. like, when i go out to eat or whatevs i throw it on the ground and stuff. i know someone will probably have a heart attack over this!! but designer or not, it's just a bag to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i noticed little wear & tear marks on the bottom where the front & back part are like sewn together. i can't really explain it. but i think it's just from me throwing it around for almost a year lol! considering that, i think it actually held up pretty well! like i said, it's my everyday go-to bag.. i literally use it.. every single day. it's just so comfy!

and speaking of roccos.. god, i'd love one. loooooooooooooove it.  think you should go for it, girl! just don't be like and abuse it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

really? i haven't been on tPF in sooo long, some of the ladies there annoy the crap outta me with their snobbish comments! ;/

and i think it really depends on how you treat your (AW) bag! the leather is very soft and buttery on my eniko, and i admit.. i throw it around a lot. like, when i go out to eat or whatevs i throw it on the ground and stuff. i know someone will probably have a heart attack over this!! but designer or not, it's just a bag to me :) i noticed little wear & tear marks on the bottom where the front & back part are like sewn together. i can't really explain it. but i think it's just from me throwing it around for almost a year lol! considering that, i think it actually held up pretty well! like i said, it's my everyday go-to bag.. i literally use it.. every single day. it's just so comfy!

and speaking of roccos.. god, i'd love one. loooooooooooooove it.  think you should go for it, girl! just don't be like and abuse it! :D
I'm currently saving for the Rocco, been putting the dough on Holts giftcards so I don't spend it on impulsive crap. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I must admit, though I enjoy tPF, some of the comments about fakes, especially, piss me off. I understand fakes aren't everyone's cup of tea, but come on! Acting like it's a personal affont to the bags you carry reeks of insecurity. I will say, I generally skip the Premier boards, but people definately seem pretty chill in the RM, L.A.M.B., and the cosmetic subforums. Wardrobe and the Premier boards are a toss-up, IME :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm currently saving for the Rocco, been putting the dough on Holts giftcards so I don't spend it on impulsive crap.
biggrin.gif

I must admit, though I enjoy tPF, some of the comments about fakes, especially, piss me off. I understand fakes aren't everyone's cup of tea, but come on! Acting like it's a personal affont to the bags you carry reeks of insecurity.

I will say, I generally skip the Premier boards, but people definately seem pretty chill in the RM, L.A.M.B., and the cosmetic subforums. Wardrobe and the Premier boards are a toss-up, IME
smile.gif
yeah.. the comments about the fakes often want to make me reach through my screen and punch the person on the other end. especially because some of those people who claim to only buy auth bags, and get a new bag like every other week (and i'm talking chanel, LV and hermes here...) buy reps themselves. like, this one dude on their, who proclaimed he has a "phd in louis vuitton" buys fakes. i used to be on another board esp. for reps and it was all... "uncovered". i lol'd. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i mean.. you like bags... cool. you don't want people to know you wear fakes.. no biggie. but PLEASE.. for the love of god... don't make others feel like crap for it, while you're doing it yourself. i like both, reps and real. sometimes i really like the design of a bag but just can't spend the thousands of hundreds of dollars. who even cares!  hahaha.

i gotta check out the other subforums now! when i surfed the board, i'd usually just look for color info and stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hope

i think it just really depends on the person...some may like name brands or some may not.  I am a fan of Coach and that is just my personal opinion and taste.  I don't need to spend hundreds or dollars to buy a name brand purse but if i work hard i would like to treat myself to something nice.

I love bags that last like coach bags.Ive have collection of them and the last forever the brand stands up to it's name

I look at the design first and then at quality. Brand itself doesn't mean much to me, but IMHO good brands very often have both good looking and good quality bags.

Brand is absolutely not important to me when it comes to purchasing handbags.

I go for quality, looks and price.

I buy what I like, not whats popular or what everyone else has.

I have handbags that ranged in price from $20 to $120 that I love equally.

I think that as with any purchase the most important thing is that you love it. If you love something it means it meets your needs and wants and therefore you are going to use it. I would say that brand is important only if it implies a higher quality than another non branded item. Other than that I would say you should buy what you like most. And if it's not branded and it's cheap, if it last only a short time it won't be that big of a deal.......What do you think?

I'm not really a brand person per se.. but I do like quality clothes. There's so many great options out there - I think it's just about finding what you love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think brand particularly matters, if you like something then buy it, but don't buy the label!

Back