girls~ do you think brand is important?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love name brand handbags and jeans, but i dont care if my tops are worth two cents! certain shoes are important, but for the most part if they're cute and comfortable i don't care.

For me brands depend on how you will use it. For example a bag...if you're putting a lot of stuff inside it and its a little bit heavy choose a bag with good quality. You can see it on the materials of the bag. Nowadays, not only branded things have good quality, even the cheaper brands offer good quality too. Buy good brands or expensive brands when buying cosmetics and electronics. Cosmetics might probably harm your skin if it is not dermatologically tested and approved. Local electronics might cause fire too and this may also broke easily as compared to tested brands.

Brand isn't what matters to me! If it's my style and is quality, I'll buy it. I have everything from Kate Spade to Vera Bradley to Roxy to Mossimo. 

The first thing I look at is the style of the bag. Like do I find it pleasing to the eye? Is it going to be a practical bag? I have to admit I’m mostly interested in Betseyville bag styles. I really look for deals on them when the price is really marked down.

If I see a bag I really like and it’s out of my price range I’ll look for something that I think is similar to it and has good quality.

[SIZE=11pt]The number one thing is that I have to feel comfortable wearing it around. I don’t want to pay for a bag that I’ll be afraid to get dirty. I’m very particular about that anyway and having a pricey bag will just make it worse. I’ll be super paranoid.

So brand is not that much of a major deal. I really like to shop around for something similar or wait for the one I was originally looking at to be marked down.
[/SIZE]It's more of what style I'm into at the moment.

I think it's a little bit tacky if an off-brand product directly attempts to mimic a brand-name item, but other than that I don't really care. 90% of my wardrobe is from cheap stores like F21 or H&M, and I don't own any designer purses because they're generally not my style.

the bag I use almost daily is one that was $30 from TJ Maxx--after a good half-year of abuse, it's still holding up really well. Throughout Sr year of high school up to Jr year of college, my absolute favorite was a $30 bag from F21; I used it daily, and even took it with me when I traveled. I only stopped using it because I spilled a whole bottle of some thick drink inside, and when I tried to wash it it dried really stiff--otherwise, even after like 4 years of use it held up fine.

I'm still looking for another bag like it, but I just can't seem to find one :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd be willing to spend a lot of $$ for a designer equivalent, but I can't even find that.

I agree with you.. Brand is not important for me.

Originally Posted by Becca Cosmetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not at all.  If it looks good and it's what I need, I buy it.

i buy items if i like the style/design.. if i want it.. i'll get it.. branded or not..

Originally Posted by Mary Kay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Brands are only important if it equates to quality. I have been using my Mary Kay makeup forever now and I know that everything I get will be good. Is it only because I care about the brand? No, but it's important for the quality.

*edited by mod*

No brand is not so important for me, And Mary Kay you are truly correct .

Yes and no. I usually don't splurge too much on a bag. I just buy something that's cute and functional. I have to admit though, there's just something that feel wonderful and classy about toting around a Chanel bag sometimes, you know? :)

To get the good quality and long lasting products brand is most important. We can trust on branded products more than other products. We can purchase branded products at affordable rates from online stores. I prefer to purchase most of products from online stores and they all are branded one.

To me, it depends on the product, not the brand. I have a ton of E.L.F. stuff, a ton of drugstore stuff, and a ton of high-end + MAC stuff. I just try what I like,  and I love to try new things. I don't care if it's brand name or not.

To me, it doesn't matter at all. As long as it's cute, big and fits my price needs, it's all good. I tend to carry a lot in my purse though (my friends in high school and many of my friends now make fun of me for "carrying my life in my purse" although, admittedly, I sort of do...to give you an example, not too long ago, my brother asked me if I had a phone charger, preferably one that plugged into the wall rather than a computer USB one, and I pulled one out of my purse)...

YES...

I think brands are very important for me, brand names gives you the best quality product.

Originally Posted by Evlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES...

I think brands are very important for me, brand names gives you the best quality product.
That's not necessarily true. I can think of many cases in which it's not...IMO, it's people getting played most of the time and thinking that cost=quality.

In my opinion, no, I don't think brand names are that important.

I once came across the same Prada bag at a Flee-market which was disappointing to me.

I don't know if anyone can agree with me or not?
frown.gif

In my opinion, no, I don't think brand names are that important. I once came across the same Prada bag at a Flee-market which was disappointing to me. I don't know if anyone can agree with me or not?
frown.gif
At a flea market? Probably a good chance it was a fake. Brand isn't so much as important as quality. The two are not synonymous. Also keep in mind price points; everyone has one and while I can go up to X amount and someone else triple my amount, get what you like and will use.

Back