Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2014 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I *sometimes* put a small amount in on a palette, with loose shadows I use a 99 cents artist palette. In one well add a few drops of Foil Me or distilled water or eye drops, in another a small, small amount of shadow. In fact, a little trick for the small amount. I pick up shadow with the brush and tap the excess into the well and work with that. And to apply I dip my brush in the liquid - not to soak the brush, you don't want a sopping wet brush just want it wet enough to pick up the product and have the product stick - then pat on. I used the blue from this month's OTM today and loved it. It blended out really well, I used it with a teal eyeliner from TIGI. Loved, loved, loved it.

@meaganola & @zadidoll Thank you for the awesomely helpful tips. I could see myself trying this stuff out for the first time covered in this stuff from head to toe!  lol!  Should I be using a particular brush when applying?   I had ordered a sample of the Foil Me but when Meaganola said it came in the clam shell and the Hydraglaze came in a clamshell I realized that was not going to be enough so I went back and ordered a tube of it since it's in stock. 

Zadidoll, you only wore the blue as the eye shadow, no other colors? How did you manage that with the blue so pigmented and not look like you were rocking the 70's look? (I hope that doesn't come across snarky, I didn't mean it that way.) I would love to see how that looked.  I'm so used to wearing more than one color and I'm only recently getting back into wearing make up (besides the basic eyeliner, mascara and blush) that so much of this is new to me!  

Such a pretty color, but I don't know how to wear it other than liner. I look so derpy in selfies, but here you go

One day, I wore it in the crease.  BIG MISTAKE.  Think Endora on _Bewitched_.  Or Mimi on _The Drew Carey Show_.  Either way, JUST NO.  Then I wore it on just the lid.  *Awesome*.  I even received a compliment from a coworker when I did it that way.  This is such a bold color that it works best for me with very little other color.  The winning combination for me seems to be Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded as all-over base (this is my go-to base right now.  I keep picking eyeshadow colors this month that work well with it!), Social Suicide on just the lid, and a dark blue liner.

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @meaganola & @zadidoll Thank you for the awesomely helpful tips. I could see myself trying this stuff out for the first time covered in this stuff from head to toe!  lol!  Should I be using a particular brush when applying?   I had ordered a sample of the Foil Me but when Meaganola said it came in the clam shell and the Hydraglaze came in a clamshell I realized that was not going to be enough so I went back and ordered a tube of it since it's in stock. 

Zadidoll, you only wore the blue as the eye shadow, no other colors? How did you manage that with the blue so pigmented and not look like you were rocking the 70's look? (I hope that doesn't come across snarky, I didn't mean it that way.) I would love to see how that looked.  I'm so used to wearing more than one color and I'm only recently getting back into wearing make up (besides the basic eyeliner, mascara and blush) that so much of this is new to me!  

It's not a 70s shade of blue but a deep sapphire so that helps. I blended it with a teal eyeliner so it came out as a smokey blue. Oh, and I only applied it to the lid not the crease. I'll replicate the look today for pics since I wasn't happy with my overall look since I used a new concealer but it made my skin look cakey despite not using any powder to set it.

@zadidoll, Thanks, that would be awesome!  Would you please tag me in the post if it's not too much trouble so I know where to find your pics…unless of course you post them here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, what kinds of brushes is everyone using?  Just regular eye shadow brushes?  Anything special that helps with application?

Just regular brushes over here. I do like a gel non-angle liner brush when I foil, but I just use the same brushes that I would use for pressed shadow, and I would use the liner brush if I was foiling a pressed shadow.

Thanks for the info @meaganola!  I got both my orders today which included the GWP eyeshadow - so I have 2. It's a beautiful color.  I am HOOKED!  I love this stuff.  I ordered 6 samples in the jars.  There is no way, the little bags were going to work for me.  I just played with them with the Foil Me, water and dry and I love them. I need to get a few different eyeshadow brushes though because, for me, the ones that I have aren't very helpful with application. Oh, I'm so excited! I ordered  a blush from them too because the minimum order is $10 and the largest Foil Me wasn't $10.  The blush is very pretty too. Very light and "glowy". 

I ruined one of the foil me clamshells because I couldn't see how much was there and where it was so I just put a ton of shadow in there to make it a nice consistency and played with that one more.  Hopefully it will "keep". I resealed the clamshell, put it back in the little baggie and then put it in a bigger one, We will see what happens with it! I want to go order MORE colors!  lol The samples that were included in my package in the little envelopes were ones I was thinking of buying but changed my mind!  So it worked out well!

I love, love, love this eyeshadow and the store. Whoever runs it is really thoughtful and quite business savvy!  I will be ordering more, lots more!

HOW have I not joined this thread yet?! I was about to post about how much I adore Social Suicide then I couldn't find the thread! Realized then that I hadn't joined it! LOL I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue!

and here's the Hydra Glaze, which I think is a stunning color and I love the blue flecks you can see in it if you look up close.

I wanted to try something edgy since the name of the shadow is Social Suicide! I used the blue all over the lid and under the bottom lashes, then blended on a matte black on the outer corners, along with a black eyeliner. I also used a dark blue and black eyeliner for my waterline. I'm also wearing the Hydra Glaze. It can be worn very naturally, or built up a bit! I decided to keep it more natural since the eyes were so intense.

So I'm totally just lurking around this thread, but I had to say that @CheshireCookie the pictures you posted are absolutely gorgeous!!!  I'm so jealous of how well you did that look.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  HOW have I not joined this thread yet?! I was about to post about how much I adore Social Suicide then I couldn't find the thread! Realized then that I hadn't joined it! LOL I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue!

and here's the Hydra Glaze, which I think is a stunning color and I love the blue flecks you can see in it if you look up close.

I wanted to try something edgy since the name of the shadow is Social Suicide! I used the blue all over the lid and under the bottom lashes, then blended on a matte black on the outer corners, along with a black eyeliner. I also used a dark blue and black eyeliner for my waterline. I'm also wearing the Hydra Glaze. It can be worn very naturally, or built up a bit! I decided to keep it more natural since the eyes were so intense.

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Quote: Originally Posted by amorgb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I'm totally just lurking around this thread, but I had to say that @CheshireCookie the pictures you posted are absolutely gorgeous!!!  I'm so jealous of how well you did that look.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzie1152 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Absolutely Gorgeous!

Thank you @amorgb and @Dezzie1152! Ya'll are too kind.
icon_redface.gif

Not OTM related, but just a reminder that the Crazy in Love Collection for Valentine's Day goes on sale today at noon PST. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not too enable too much but...

20140203_102921.jpg

20140203_103545.jpg

20140203_105628.jpg

oh god why'd i click. I wannntt so bad, but I only have one face for blush and eyeshadow. I'll have to think it through for the next 10 minutes.

If it helps enable anyone... you should get a few extras if you order the full collection. New products ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think Vee must have been sitting there just *waiting* for my order. I received shipping info ten minutes after my PayPal receipt!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Vee must have been sitting there just *waiting* for my order. I received shipping info ten minutes after my PayPal receipt!

LOL I got mine within five minutes of ordering. That's why I love GDE because of the fast turn around.

Back