Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2014 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, you guys. SO GORGEOUS!

Reckless Devotion: Pale shimmery pink with copper and gold shifts. Swatched on bare skin:
That photo does not do it justice. It's a very light color, but OMG THE SHIMMER. Under low light, it just kind of *glows*. This is kind of a rose gold, but to me, it's better. I'm just kind of sitting here tilting my hand to see the shimmer. Time to stop so I can shower, eat, and pack up something that *must* go in the mail tomorrow! And the extra this month: It's a product called Centaur's Wisdom from Dark Heart Designs. It's a shimmer serum. Price for this baby: $4.99. I haven't tested it yet, but it's described as "a slightly sticky liquid filled with micro fine glitters & inspired by mythological creatures. Appears white in the vial, but shows up a dazzling shimmery gold when applied to the skin. Can be used on bare skin, or over shadows." It's a microfine glitter approved for use around the eyes, and it looks like there's a whole line of these in various shades (red, aqua, blue, etc.) inspired by various mythological creatures. I think I might need all of these. It looks like it might be what I had been hoping the Lorac shimmers that they had out for the holidays would be like!
So. Yeah. Oof. And now I must stop staring at it and get on with my evening! ETA: I really dig how the OTM program teams up with other indies for the extras on occasion. I would have never even *thought* about trying this month's extra, but now that I have, I definitely need it in other shades if I can convince my budget to allow for it (alas, a *big* if).

This color reminds me of "Rapunzel had extensions" from Fyrianne. I might have to dig mine out from my jars and see. The gold sheen are very similar too.

I got mine today. I can not wait to wear it for our valentines day dinner tonight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  already planning my look.  we are going on a double date with our best friends.  

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got mine today. I can not wait to wear it for our valentines day dinner tonight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  already planning my look.  we are going on a double date with our best friends.  
Heh.  You say this like you're doing this far in advance.  I'm already working on St. Patrick's Day!  (I'm not sure I have the right orange.  I need to revisit Jailhouse Jumpsuit to see if it will suit my needs.)

ETA:  I was just rethinking how to reorganize my GDE collection (conclusion:  I need one more box in order to get things separated the way most appealing to my OMG MUST ORGANIZE, although one more might need to come into play at the end of the year), and I realized that if the monthly GWP program remains in place, I'm probably going to be ending the year with between three and five month-specific colors for each month between last year's OTMs, this year's OTMs, and the GWPs!  And that's not including things like the Crazy in Love set.  On the up side, my crazy makeup purchasing of last year seems to have slowed to just GDE and Geek Chic Cosmetics, and I'm being selective about what I get from those two sources.  I'm not even really looking at nail polish, nevermind buying it.

In love. This was my valentine's dinner eye but we slid into a snow bank and gave up, I have awful lighting in the evening so it doesn't do it any justice. I wish I could afford to do some more months, but the arctic weather finally damaged something expensive (cracked part of my car's exhaust system)

We got the coupon code for Sedona Lace.  Have any of you ever tried their products?  What are your thoughts?

OMG. Got my bag last night but didn't see the color until now. It's GORGEOUS. THIS color needs to be made permanent.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzie1152 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We got the coupon code for Sedona Lace.  Have any of you ever tried their products?  What are your thoughts?
I got a blending brush for a limited GWP from GDE and I love it. It's synthetic but it's super soft. Occasionally Vee does her swatches (especially the GWP since 2014) over Sedona Lace primer and I have been drooling all over it.

I think this may be the TRUE Enablers thread.  I had some insomnia going on last night.  I had never heard of Glamour Doll Eyes before.  I did a little exploring and ended up placing my first order.  I can't wait until it arrives, but I am afraid a new addiction may have been born.  And I am crushed that I missed out on the Reckless Devotion, it is absolutely beautiful.  

Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think this may be the TRUE Enablers thread.  I had some insomnia going on last night.  I had never heard of Glamour Doll Eyes before.  I did a little exploring and ended up placing my first order.  I can't wait until it arrives, but I am afraid a new addiction may have been born.  And I am crushed that I missed out on the Reckless Devotion, it is absolutely beautiful.  
If you want more GDE swatches, head over to the Eyeshadow Mania thread!  I've got a bunch of mini swatches in there.  Last year, I was ordering a whole lot sample jars at a time, so I would have at least a dozen new shades at a time to show off.  My ordering has slowed *way* down, mainly because I really like having new stuff each month, and I'm running out of stuff to order at the rate I was going!  Make sure you check out their Facebook page.  That's where they post things about sale codes, new colors (there's a beautiful super sparkly red -- The <3 of the Matter -- over at their Storenvy page that isn't available on the regular page), voting for LE colors to be added to the general catalog, etc.

And don't forget to sign up for the OTM email list and set an alarm for whenever it says the new round goes on sale!  It's usually noon Pacific time on the 8th each month, but in slide around a bit depending on whether it's a weekend or if GDE has a very urgent matter that *must* be dealt with at the regular time.  The slots go *quickly*.  I may or may not remember to post about it because I've got a year-long sub, so I'm super laid back about it now since I don't need to worry about getting in.  I didn't even realize they were open this month!

And, finally, there might be leftovers next year, and there's usually a vote in January to see which three or four of the previous year's shades subscribers want added to the permanent collection, so this *might* get added.  But we don't know what else is coming down the pipeline (last year, we had something like fifteen shades to pick from because there were three months when two shades were sent out), and there may be even *more* amazing shades coming later in the year, so I wouldn't count on this part happening!

OH my word, ya'll...OH MY WORD. I seriously just tried the Feb OTM the other day and helloooooooo....it may be the MOST GORGEOUS GDE I'VE EVER TRIED! ::faints swoons::
wub.gif
It's amazing blended, it's amazing swatched dry, it's amazing swatched over primer....there's no way it can ever be NOT amazing.

On the topic of last month's extra (the Centaur's Tears liquid shimmer):  I'm really surprised at how much I've been using it!  Initially, I thought that it would be something I would be saving for weekends when I'm just goofing around or cons when you break out every bit of sparkle in the universe, but I'm actually using it just about every day the past few weeks for browbone sparkle.  It's been so dreary and gray outside that I just keep grabbing it for a little extra *oomph* for the day.  And since it's gold, it works with the various shades of green I tend to gravitate towards this time of year.  I loved the HydraGlaze extra in January, too.  I'm starting to get almost more curious about the extras each month than the OTM itself!  (That's probably just because I know I will love the OTM because that's just how their track record is, but the extras could be just about anything ranging from a sample of an upcoming line -- and there are two upcoming GDE lines that I know of -- to lipgloss/nail polish/you-name-it from another indie line, so there's still a huge mystery there.)

Sitting at my computer with GDE open, constanlty refreshing!!!

Crap!  I did not realize they will pull an item out of your shopping cart, while in the process of checking out, if someone completes their order before you do!!!  I HAD a 6 month sub but it was STOLEN from me. 
nixweiss.gif
 Stolen I tell you!!! lol  I had to settle for a 3 month sub. SOB!  Oh the horror!!  Someone has super quick fingers typing in their credit card information!!! 

Still, I'm super excited to get a 3 month sub! That will get me through May!  
yey.gif

claps.gif

What did everyone else snag?  I wonder who stole my 6 month sub? 
kopfkratz.gif

You ladies don't know me that well so I feel like I should let you know that I'm not mad at all and I'm kidding about the sub being stolen.  I realize it's first come, first served.  
wink.gif

I'm set through the end of the year for the sub, but I did notice something awesome on the way: A Dark Hollywood collection! I have no idea what it is, but I *will* have it.

With that exact thought I could lose out I used my paypal no credit card number to type he he... got a 6 month so excited!!

Back