Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2014 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 6 month sub! This will be my first subscription service, and I'm super excited for it. =]

I told myself no this month but I got 1 month anyway.... sigh. It is frustrating that minimum purchase is $10 but the box is only $8 I had to add 2 samples

I told myself no this month but I got 1 month anyway.... sigh. It is frustrating that minimum purchase is $10 but the box is only $8 I had to add 2 samples
Don't forget that you should get the April GWP for ordering the samples, and the color looks gorgeous online!

Don't forget that you should get the April GWP for ordering the samples, and the color looks gorgeous online!
If that is true then it is totally worth it. Can anyone verify this?

If that is true then it is totally worth it. Can anyone verify this?
Last month I got a one month OTM, added on two sample baggies to get up to $10, and when I got my package it had the OTM, the sample baggies I ordered, two bonus samples, and the March GWP.

I'm still pissed at myself. At 1:30 PM Pacific I remembered it was the 8th... TOO late! Sold out!

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm still pissed at myself. At 1:30 PM Pacific I remembered it was the 8th... TOO late! Sold out!
I set all kinds of reminders for myself because I worry about missing it. :-(

April is here! 
Facetious:  "Medium purple with a subtle coppery pink undertone and blue sparkle." And the extras!  Two of them!  A sample clamshell of Foil Me (and I strongly advise everyone to keep this clamshell once the Foil Me is all used up!  I use them to mix pigment with mixing medium instead of jar lids) and a tube of an upcoming Glitter Tube!  My Dismay:  "Predominately purple with sparkles of pink and a tiny bit of black."  The glitter is *not* approved for cosmetic use by the FDA, so be careful in your application choices!  And swatches: 
On the left, Facetious over Foil Me.  On the top right, My Dismay over Foil Me.  On the bottom right, My Dismay over ELF sheer Glitter Primer.  Conclusion:  I already knew I love Foil Me (I use it every day for my lids), but if you want heavy glitter coverage, get some glitter glue.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

April is here! 

Facetious:  "Medium purple with a subtle coppery pink undertone and blue sparkle." And the extras!  Two of them!  A sample clamshell of Foil Me (and I strongly advise everyone to keep this clamshell once the Foil Me is all used up!  I use them to mix pigment with mixing medium instead of jar lids) and a tube of an upcoming Glitter Tube!  My Dismay:  "Predominately purple with sparkles of pink and a tiny bit of black."  The glitter is *not* approved for cosmetic use by the FDA, so be careful in your application choices!  And swatches: 

On the left, Facetious over Foil Me.  On the top right, My Dismay over Foil Me.  On the bottom right, My Dismay over ELF sheer Glitter Primer.  Conclusion:  I already knew I love Foil Me (I use it every day for my lids), but if you want heavy glitter coverage, get some glitter glue.
Thanks for posting! I cant wait for mine to arrive.

I got my one month order with the 2 sample baggies it did come with the gwp color and 2 more sample baggies. what an amazing value for 10.50!!!!!!!  I have decided that i will go month to month.  If I have $10 and remember to get the otm the day it comes out then it was meant to be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm so excited.
I bought a 6 month subscription last month and since I'm not from USA my package was sent on the first of may.
If our post office didn't have a pileup of packages after a holiday and a strike, I could get the OTM before the 8th of the month(when it officially is getting sold). :)

Whoa, it's the May the Fourth already!  If you haven't signed up already and want to jump on board, these slots go on sale Thursday at noon unless something changes, so sign up for the OTM mailing list here, set your alarm for five minutes before whatever time the email -- which will list the exact time it will open up and typically sent out the morning slots go live -- says, and log onto the site when your alarm goes off.  And remember that there's a $10 minimum, so if you're just getting one month, you will need to get your cart ready with at least $2 worth before slots go live (because you can and will get cartjacked unless you're very quick about things!), so a recap of the low-dollar items:

• Sample baggie -- $1.25
  • Sample jar -- $2.50
  • Control Freak sample -- $1.50
  • Foil Me sample -- $1

If you're a pigment newbie, I strongly recommend getting both the Control Freak and Foil Me.  Control Freak is a great eyelash-to-eyebrow primer, and Foil Me makes the colors really intense.  Oh, and the May GWP (sent out with every non-OTM purchase, but if you add something to your OTM order, *boom* it's apparently no longer strictly an OTM order, and you get the GWP) is gorgeous and described as:

Dirty 30 is a semi matte dark brown with a subtle green overlay and copper sparkles.
(Have I ever mentioned that I'm an older sister who wanted to be a teacher?  Because that's the case.  I tend to end up explaining how to do things *and* telling people that they need to do those things.  But, seriously, if you just want to try this sub, this is the best way to do it.  And then you can come back for another one-month sub in June and then in July for a six-month because you *really* want to be on board for the December OTM, and the six-month subs will no longer be offered for the rest of the year after July because all subs end in December, so this is the best way to do things because then you won't have to worry about it later!)

They opened up some more spots today at 12 PST NOON, but sold out in under 30 secs. I managed to get 2 month sub.

Q: I ordered the 2 month sub, do I have to race to the clock again after my sub is up, or is there an option for it to renew, sorta like a confirmation where they send you an email asking if you want to renew?

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: I ordered the 2 month sub, do I have to race to the clock again after my sub is up, or is there an option for it to renew, sorta like a confirmation where they send you an email asking if you want to renew?
You need to race to the clock again. That's why everyone talks about getting longer subs because it make me go crazy trying to make sure I get the months/couple months subs. Instead, I just did the year this time :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You need to race to the clock again. That's why everyone talks about getting longer subs because it make me go crazy trying to make sure I get the months/couple months subs. Instead, I just did the year this time :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh jezzzz lol. Thanks for the info :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, wow. As usual, I seem to be the first person to get their OTM! Here's the "oh, wow" part: I was a little confused when I opened my OTM package and pulled out something that did not match the color on the OTM card, but then I kept going. I'll do descriptions now and pictures later (I wanted to get the text typed out, but then I have to deal with some other things before I can do photos). Photos now added!  This was an extras month. Boy howdy, was it an extras month!

OTM:

• One Way Ticket -- A darkened green with a very subtle blueish-purple sheen and gold sparkles.
Extras:

• Chinovi Cosmetics (a brand GDE is doing a collaboration with for June) loose powder blush in Vanessa -- A matte orange-toned coral. Color can be built by layering.
  • Flash Lacquer (GDE's now-discontinued nail polish line, but they reboot it every once in a while for special runs like this) in Off to Paris -- Pink toned coral jelly with a very subtle holographic sparkle.
  • Vanilla Unicorn -- A velvety white with a strong blue and purple sparkle. In some lights you can see a nice pink sheen. Full jar.
  • Insomnia -- Bronzish brown with a coppery orange overlay and a very subtle purple to blue sparkle. Full jar.
  • Tawdry -- Part of the new Matte 2 Feminine line launched today, so the description is up on the GDE website. Sample bag.
  • Coquette -- Also part of the M2F line, also a sample bag.

Swatched over GDE Foil Me this time around.  L to R:  One Way Ticket, Vanilla Unicorn, and Insomnia. Across the bottom:  Chinovi blush on bare skin.

And all the glory:

So. *In addition to* the main color, we also received a loose blush sample (it looks like it's about the same amount as a GDE shadow sample jar), a mini nail polish, two *full* jars that were apparently LE runs just for this bag, and two samples of the new line. And the really crappy part: I have to wear a specific eye pencil for the next week and *only* that pencil! No other shadow or liner! These are already taunting me!

ETA photos.

Oh, wow.  As usual, I seem to be the first person to get their OTM!  Here's the "oh, wow" part:  I was a little confused when I opened my OTM package and pulled out something that did not match the color on the OTM card, but then I kept going.  I'll do descriptions now and pictures later (I wanted to get the text typed out, but then I have to deal with some other things before I can do photos).  This was an extras month.  Boy howdy, was it an extras month!

OTM:

• One Way Ticket -- A darkened green with a very subtle blueish-purple sheen and gold sparkles.
 Extras: 

• Chinovi Cosmetics (a brand GDE is doing a collaboration with for June) loose powder blush in Vanessa -- A matte orange-toned coral.  Color can be built by layering.
  • Flash Lacquer (GDE's now-discontinued nail polish line, but they reboot it every once in a while for special runs like this) in Off to Paris -- Pink toned coral jelly with a very subtle holographic sparkle.
  • Vanilla Unicorn -- A velvety white with a strong blue and purple sparkle.  In some lights you can see a nice pink sheen.  Full jar.
  • Insomnia -- Bronzish brown with a coppery orange overlay and a very subtle purple to blue sparkle.  Full jar.
  • Tawdry -- Part of the new Matte 2 Feminine line launched today, so the description is up on the GDE website.  Sample bag.
  • Coquette -- Also part of the M2F line, also a sample bag.
 So.  *In addition to* the main color, we also received a loose blush sample (it looks like it's about the same amount as a GDE shadow sample jar), a mini nail polish, two *full* jars that were apparently LE runs just for this bag, and two samples of the new line.  And the really crappy part:  I have to wear a specific eye pencil for the next week and *only* that pencil!  No other shadow or liner!  These are already taunting me!
I can't wait to get mine!

Latest posts

Back