Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2014 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 3 month sub as a present from me to me, so excited!

Based solely on the shade name (Kawaii), I'm thinking we might be getting something soft and happy, like a nice sparkly pink pastel.  Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it! 

Oh! Tracking! So excited! I think this is the only sub where I frequently if not usually receive the package before anyone else.

I am SO curious what we're getting this month that requires larger envelopes!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dlmcd36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good for you! I got 2 months in Feb. hopefully I'll be able to get a year next month!
Glamour Doll Eyes OTM works a little bit differently from most subs:  Basically, all sub slots end in December, and everything resets for January.  Everyone has to sign up again in January.  The only month a full year is available is January, and there is no carryover from the previous year.  After January, the longest sub is nine months, and that's only available through April.  Then May through July, the longest sub available will be six months.  When December rolls around, the only option is one month, and it was 33% more expensive -- $8 instead of $6 (plus $2 shipping, for a total of $10) -- last year, but it was *so* worth it that I still can't believe I managed to snag a slot.  The brush alone was worth the money, but then we *also* received two full-sized shadows, two shadow samples of at-the-time upcoming colors, a full-sized blush, an adorable mini soap I haven't had the heart to use, *and* a mini nail polish.  The year before, I think it was a different brush and three full-sized jars.  This sub is just getting better and better as time goes on!  I really dig the way they partner with other indies.  I'm actually considering trying for an Innocent+Twisted Alchemy sub the next time it opens specifically because they're partnering with other indies, too.  I *never* would have bought any of the shimmer serums like the one they sent out last month, and now I'm eyeing all of them once I get back from vacation at the end of the month and reassess my financial situation.

*Anyway*.  Teal deer again.  Short version:  You won't be able to get a one-year slot until January rolls around again, but it's definitely worth it to snag the longest sub available every time you're signing up!  The fewer times you have to race to grab a slot, the more relaxing it is when all you have to do is kick back and wait to get your goodies, and if you're a GDE fan like some of us (okay, me), it's totally worth it. 

Glamour Doll Eyes OTM works a little bit differently from most subs:  Basically, all sub slots end in December, and everything resets for January.  Everyone has to sign up again in January.  The only month a full year is available is January, and there is no carryover from the previous year.  After January, the longest sub is nine months, and that's only available through April.  Then May through July, the longest sub available will be six months.  When December rolls around, the only option is one month, and it was 33% more expensive -- $8 instead of $6 (plus $2 shipping, for a total of $10) -- last year, but it was *so* worth it that I still can't believe I managed to snag a slot.  The brush alone was worth the money, but then we *also* received two full-sized shadows, two shadow samples of at-the-time upcoming colors, a full-sized blush, an adorable mini soap I haven't had the heart to use, *and* a mini nail polish.  The year before, I think it was a different brush and three full-sized jars.  This sub is just getting better and better as time goes on!  I really dig the way they partner with other indies.  I'm actually considering trying for an Innocent+Twisted Alchemy sub the next time it opens specifically because they're partnering with other indies, too.  I *never* would have bought any of the shimmer serums like the one they sent out last month, and now I'm eyeing all of them once I get back from vacation at the end of the month and reassess my financial situation. *Anyway*.  Teal deer again.  Short version:  You won't be able to get a one-year slot until January rolls around again, but it's definitely worth it to snag the longest sub available every time you're signing up!  The fewer times you have to race to grab a slot, the more relaxing it is when all you have to do is kick back and wait to get your goodies, and if you're a GDE fan like some of us (okay, me), it's totally worth it. 
Thanks for the info!

I had no idea the OTMs came with such great extras... all that it says on their website is that you get one full sized color every month. For some reason, knowing that it comes with extras and sneak previews and stuff makes it much more appealing to me. I'll definitely try to get a subscription next month!

Quote: Originally Posted by kyxli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had no idea the OTMs came with such great extras... all that it says on their website is that you get one full sized color every month. For some reason, knowing that it comes with extras and sneak previews and stuff makes it much more appealing to me. I'll definitely try to get a subscription next month!
Well...  They don't *always* come with extras.  Sometimes you just get the OTM jar, and that's it.  But if it's an extras month, that is mentioned in the signups-are-opening-today email.  Last year, I signed up in April (I think February and March might have been extras months, but those were before my time, so I don't know what those extras were), and the extras months for the rest of the year were:

• May -- Full-sized blush and two samples from the Matte 2 Masculine collection (all of these were previews of then-upcoming items)
  • July -- Second OTM jar (that month, the person who came up with the OTM color was having a baby boy, so we received a gorgeous bright blue in his honor as an extra) and Kiss My Sass lipstick sample
  • August -- Miss Adora lashes and Black Luna Lacquer nail polish mini
  • November -- Second OTM jar (to commemorate GDE's fifth anniversary) and a sample of an indie perfume that smelled like GINGER ALE OMG ARE YOU *SERIOUS*?  I LOVE SMELLING LIKE SODA!  Ahem.  Yes.
  • December -- All of the aforementioned awesome

This year, the goal is to have extras every month, but that may or may not be possible, so I wouldn't expect a ton of stuff every month.  But so far:

• January -- HydraGlaze sample in Social Butterfly, a shade made exclusively for the OTM (at the time, HydraGlazes hadn't been released yet, and I wouldn't have bothered with them if I hadn't received that sample to try.  Now I'm on a quest to collect them all!)
  • February -- Dark Heart Designs' Centaur's Wisdom shimmer serum

Honestly, I view the extras as added surprise bonuses that happened to come along with things I was buying anyway, like when you buy something you always buy and don't notice that there's a special extra item in the box until you open it and see an amazing pen/tin/shaving cream sample/kitty treat (come on, kitty litter companies, *label* those packages when you do that so I don't dump the kitty treats on top of used kitty litter when I'm topping up the box!)/etc.  I wouldn't hold out on signing up just because one month doesn't have an extra.  I would actually view a non-extra month as a better time to jump on board for multiple months due to the number of people who are *not* rushing to sign up because of the lack of extras! 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well...  They don't *always* come with extras.  Sometimes you just get the OTM jar, and that's it.  But if it's an extras month, that is mentioned in the signups-are-opening-today email.  Last year, I signed up in April (I think February and March might have been extras months, but those were before my time, so I don't know what those extras were), and the extras months for the rest of the year were:

• May -- Full-sized blush and two samples from the Matte 2 Masculine collection (all of these were previews of then-upcoming items)
  • July -- Second OTM jar (that month, the person who came up with the OTM color was having a baby boy, so we received a gorgeous bright blue in his honor as an extra) and Kiss My Sass lipstick sample
  • August -- Miss Adora lashes and Black Luna Lacquer nail polish mini
  • November -- Second OTM jar (to commemorate GDE's fifth anniversary) and a sample of an indie perfume that smelled like GINGER ALE OMG ARE YOU *SERIOUS*?  I LOVE SMELLING LIKE SODA!  Ahem.  Yes.
  • December -- All of the aforementioned awesome

This year, the goal is to have extras every month, but that may or may not be possible, so I wouldn't expect a ton of stuff every month.  But so far:

• January -- HydraGlaze sample in Social Butterfly, a shade made exclusively for the OTM (at the time, HydraGlazes hadn't been released yet, and I wouldn't have bothered with them if I hadn't received that sample to try.  Now I'm on a quest to collect them all!)
  • February -- Dark Heart Designs' Centaur's Wisdom shimmer serum

Honestly, I view the extras as added surprise bonuses that happened to come along with things I was buying anyway, like when you buy something you always buy and don't notice that there's a special extra item in the box until you open it and see an amazing pen/tin/shaving cream sample/kitty treat (come on, kitty litter companies, *label* those packages when you do that so I don't dump the kitty treats on top of used kitty litter when I'm topping up the box!)/etc.  I wouldn't hold out on signing up just because one month doesn't have an extra.  I would actually view a non-extra month as a better time to jump on board for multiple months due to the number of people who are *not* rushing to sign up because of the lack of extras! 

Thanks for such a detailed response! I just signed up for the mailing list, and I'm going to try to get a subscription next month! I definitely won't expect extras all the time, but it's always nice to know that they exist. I'm just starting to get into indie makeup, and I've been very pleased with my GDE experience so far... I'll definitely keep buying from them!

Quote: Originally Posted by kyxli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for such a detailed response! I just signed up for the mailing list, and I'm going to try to get a subscription next month! I definitely won't expect extras all the time, but it's always nice to know that they exist. I'm just starting to get into indie makeup, and I've been very pleased with my GDE experience so far... I'll definitely keep buying from them!
What sealed the deal for me with this company:  I had a rather large order of sample jars (probably at least two dozen), and there were two missing.  I submitted a CS ticket on the site, and Vee got replacements in the mail to me the very next day, which was an amazing response time all on its own.  I received them, and they were full-sized jars.  I sent email saying, uh, there's a mistake!  I ordered samples!  But I would have turned around and bought full-sized jars, so I need to pay the difference!  It turned out she had deliberately sent me full-sized jars to make up for the inconvenience.  And that's how you gain a customer who will buy eyeshadow in every color you make!

Ditto to Vee's excellent customer service :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had accidentally purchase 2 3-month OTM last October...wait, don't hate me on that first, you know how slow the site can get when it comes to OTM slots being opened up, so I paid twice and order twice. I emailed Vee to cancel one of my orders. And within a minute I got a refund, and a short but sweet personal response from her telling me that my extra order's been cancelled! A LOT of CS for prestige brands never bother to do the latter. I don't really care if they don't, but that's what got me to keep going back to Vee and other indie companies. You get to get close and personal with the awesome and wonderful people behind the brand.

I'm really, really high right now (lots of pain and anxiety meds for dental work), but I *have* to post about the OTM!  This whole thing was packed in a Tiffany-esque blue box, like for a bracelet.  The color is called Kawaii.  The description:

Medium teal with subtle blue and green sheen and a slight holographic sparkle.
They say it's teal.  I say it's aqua.  I have teal issues, so I choose to call it aqua.  It is an *amazing* color for spring!  I'm too loopy to go into any deeper details than "Ooh, pretty sparkly shimmery light aqua!"  The extra is a sparkly aqua resin star hair clip that I'm hoping will play well with my hair (I have a *lot* of hair).  I'm bummed I can't have the candy right now because I love Hi-Chew, but I'll just save it for later after my mouth is healed.  Oh, and I almost forgot:  Two preview samples of upcoming shades in the Spring Fling collection (due out in exactly one week).  I don't know if everyone received the same ones, but I received Marquee (shimmery peach) and In Memory (shimmery pale green).  (And, yowzers, I asked how big the cyst that was removed was.  Answer: 
The SIZE OF A WALNUT.  No wonder it was so uncomfortable and weird-feeling.The sutures feel *really* weird inside my mouth and like they're a chunk of food I need to scrape out.) ETA: Since it's time to pick out a coordinating eyeliner, I have a swatch now! This is just over Foil Me, not a white pencil like I usually do swatches. As always, the camera doesn't pick up the sparkles, but they're subtle and gorgeous.

Oh honey!  I'm sorry you had such a rough day with the surgery and all, but yay for great meds!  And your spelling is fine so far (I know you asked us to watch for that, lol)

Those colors look AMAZING and every month I'm tempted to get an OTM sub... and then I realize I haven't even managed to work my way through ONE of the sample baggies I ordered LAST SUMMER.  However, I love living vicariously through your reviews/swatches!  So pretty!  Thanks for sharing, even through the pain and med haze!

No problem!  And than you for the supervision!  It was rocky last night right before I went to bed.  I ended up taking THREE Halcion for the procedure because they couldn't give me nitrous due to the location of where they had to work (the nose piece would need to go in that exact spot), so now I'm on the tail end of those and on to a combination of Advil and Vicodin. 

And I just noticed something cool about the Spring Fling samples that may or may not be coincidental:  Orange and green!  Like the Irish flag! 

And Kawaii reminds me of Casen from last June, although Kawaii is a bit darker and greener.  So looking forward to playing with this one!

Oh, wow, so my samples *just happened* to be the perfect combination for me!  (As my name indicates, so very Irish over here.  And my brother's name is Ryan.)  And another weird thing:  January is _Alice in Wonderland_ month for me, and that blue is very much an Alice sort of color.  February, I was thinking that it would be nice if a lovely shimmery peachy rose gold was added to the catalog.  This month, I was just thinking I wanted a shimmery aqua/Tiffany blue shadow.  Three months of thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if [insert color here] was in the next update?"  Three months of opening the OTM package and discovering precisely that color.  It's bizarre how this has worked out the past few months.  I wonder whether my streak will be maintained in April.  Time to start thinking about possibilities and seeing what my brain latches onto!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really, really high right now (lots of pain and anxiety meds for dental work), but I *have* to post about the OTM!  This whole thing was packed in a Tiffany-esque blue box, like for a bracelet.  The color is called Kawaii.  The description: Quote:  Medium teal with subtle blue and green sheen and a slight holographic sparkle.

They say it's teal.  I say it's aqua.  I have teal issues, so I choose to call it aqua.  It is an *amazing* color for spring!  I'm too loopy to go into any deeper details than "Ooh, pretty sparkly shimmery light aqua!"  The extra is a sparkly aqua resin star hair clip that I'm hoping will play well with my hair (I have a *lot* of hair).  I'm bummed I can't have the candy right now because I love Hi-Chew, but I'll just save it for later after my mouth is healed.  Oh, and I almost forgot:  Two preview samples of upcoming shades in the Spring Fling collection (due out in exactly one week).  I don't know if everyone received the same ones, but I received Marquee (shimmery peach) and In Memory (shimmery pale green). 

(And, yowzers, I asked how big the cyst that was removed was.  Answer:  The SIZE OF A WALNUT.  No wonder it was so uncomfortable and weird-feeling.
The sutures feel *really* weird inside my mouth and like they're a chunk of food I need to scrape out.)

ETA: Since it's time to pick out a coordinating eyeliner, I have a swatch now! This is just over Foil Me, not a white pencil like I usually do swatches. As always, the camera doesn't pick up the sparkles, but they're subtle and gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about your surgery, good thing you got good meds. Hope you make a speedy recovery. Thanks for posting your contents, I cant wait to get  my first OTM.

Hey hey hey, today's the day! I can't believe it's been almost a month since March went out, but it has! Slots go live at noon Pacific time, and it's an extras month! If you want to join the fun, set your alarm for 11:55, log in to your GDE account, and GET READY TO RUMBLE! (Note: I am just a cheerleader who wants GDE to stay in business taking my money for a very, *very* long time. I get nothing out of relentless promotion except more people to gush about these colors with.) ETA: There will be 1, 2, 3, and 6-month subs. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Back