Glossybox - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My glossybox info just updated too!

Glossybox Beauty MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION
  • Approximate Delivery Date 4/24/13
  • Next Edition: Work that Beauty
woot thats what mine is showing too :]

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I highly, highly, highly doubt she is talking about April's box.
I did not buy the limited edition box, and idk, maybe the tracking was wrong, but I received an email saying "your box has shipped" on the 2nd (the same day as the Facebook post saying they were starting shipping) and when I clicked the tracking number, it told me it had been delivered on the 4th. Unless they accidentally shipped me the March box twice, then the April box is the only reasonable explanation

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, yeah, that's why I'm kinda debating whether I should bother to email or not. I've also read somewhere here as well that when they first started out, they only had 14 people working so basically there weren't enough staff to meet the 'unexpected demand'. Plus, they just had a new CEO a few months ago or something I'm kinda confused because I saw the name on GlossyMag so I don't know really. Maybe I should give it a shot? 
icon_rolleyes.gif
I think it is worth emailing them.  It couldn't hurt.  I've also heard that people have good luck by emailing and then direct messaging them on Facebook or posting on their wall because the person who manages the page does comment and respond that they forward stuff too their CS department.  Good luck!

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

woot thats what mine is showing too :]
Just looked and mine is showing the same!

OK, I checked my dashboard and they did send me two March boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just so excited at the idea it was already April's

Also, I only intended on ordering one March box? I did cancel & resubscribe in order to get cash back from Ebates, but it was at the end of last month. Can someone help me? Is there a certain time frame to order to avoid double boxes?

How do you get discounts each month? I really want this subscription service but don't want to pay 21 a month.

Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, I checked my dashboard and they did send me two March boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just so excited at the idea it was already April's

Also, I only intended on ordering one March box? I did cancel & resubscribe in order to get cash back from Ebates, but it was at the end of last month. Can someone help me? Is there a certain time frame to order to avoid double boxes?
They have a weird history of sending double boxes and only charging for one.  Not everyone gets double boxes, but it does happen, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.  I received two January boxes (in *February*, which is a whole separate issue), and I actually got them for free since I paid for January's box with Glossydots and then canceled my subscription.

Hey ladies! I am new to glossybox (and subscription services in general) March was my first box and I'm confused over why I still don't have any march surveys to take, why so late? is that how it normally is? Also I am excited about the spoiler this month! I thought the modelco tint was fabulous so I hope this blush can compete!!

Surveys do not usually go up before the 9th-15th of the following month.  For instance March surveys will be up sometime between the 9th-15th of April.  And since this is Glossybox even that is not certain just an average of when they have gone up in the past.  Also they will email you to let you know surveys are up (which is how people have been able to determine a time frame, as some people save the emails, like myself).

Emails regarding surveys: March 14th, Feb 12th, January 8th, Dec 6th, Nov 13th, Oct 23.

Originally Posted by peggytalkpretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ladies!
I am new to glossybox (and subscription services in general) March was my first box and I'm confused over why I still don't have any march surveys to take, why so late? is that how it normally is?

Also I am excited about the spoiler this month! I thought the modelco tint was fabulous so I hope this blush can compete!!

No worries, it will still take a few days before the surveys come. I am thinking we will probably get them next week.

Originally Posted by peggytalkpretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ladies!
I am new to glossybox (and subscription services in general) March was my first box and I'm confused over why I still don't have any march surveys to take, why so late? is that how it normally is?

Also I am excited about the spoiler this month! I thought the modelco tint was fabulous so I hope this blush can compete!!

The Zoya polish code plus ebates rebate sucked me back in for this month. I'm excited about the blush, you can never have enough of that or mascara IMO.

Excited to see what else they have this month.

The Zoya polish code plus ebates rebate sucked me back in for this month. I'm excited about the blush, you can never have enough of that or mascara IMO. Excited to see what else they have this month.
Zoya polish code?

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zoya polish code?
The code FUN gets you a free pretty blue Zoya polish from their beach collection. I got the code from Mysubscriptionaddiction.com.

I'm usually a lurker on the boards around here, but I'm wondering if anyone is still having a problem with getting their March box. I've been assured by CS that my box will be here by this date and this date, but I still haven't gotten it yet.

This past email from them said my box would be here by the 5th. They were nice enough to add 200 glossydots to my account, but I'm to the point of saying just give me my money back... Either way, they are getting another email and probably a phone call tomorrow.

Anyone else still waiting on their box?

Looking forward to the April box but not sure if I am excited about the possibility of more blush.  I love the idea of blush but my cheeks are naturally rosy so I don't really need it.  I'm hoping for more spoilers as the month goes on.   

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have a weird history of sending double boxes and only charging for one.  Not everyone gets double boxes, but it does happen, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.  I received two January boxes (in *February*, which is a whole separate issue), and I actually got them for free since I paid for January's box with Glossydots and then canceled my subscription.
Well I'll check out my checking account to see how many times they charge me...but I will point out, when I resubscribed, I used the "Color" code, and in the second box I received an OPI nail polish. So I'm thinking they applied my resubscription as meaning I wanted a second box.

I would call & complain, but really, I'm thinking about giving my mom some of the things from my second box, I liked certain products & I think she will too

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG!  Just got off the phone with them.  They wouldn't help and weren't sympathetic (even fake sympathy).  Yikes!
You have to remember they staff CS with unpaid interns!

Latest posts

Back