GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My polish is blue also. It was the one I was hoping I wouldn't get because I have a ton of blue polish already. I'll use the highlighter and although I'm not a black eyeliner person, I'll keep this one because I love eyeko and love that I can make a superfine line.

It seems I got 2 conditioners though, no shampoo. Hmmm...

Canceled already and this was my last box. They really haven't wowed me much.

My sub ended so this is my last box. Still going to keep an eye out for when to resub, I have enough Glossydots for another box. Maybe around the Holidays?!? Unless I get sucked back in before then. Hubby is like, go ahead, I'm like...I'm doing project pans because I have so much stuff.

My polish is called Wilderness, but instead of green or brown it is a beautiful Pink shimmer. My new fave and I usually don't want pink. It is so beautiful that if I could only have 1 pink in my collection, this is what I would keep.  I told my husband I thought the name was odd since the color was pink. He asked me if I've ever been in the Wilderness. I said no, but at least now I know it is pink. Ha.

My sub ended so this is my last box. Still going to keep an eye out for when to resub, I have enough Glossydots for another box. Maybe around the Holidays?!? Unless I get sucked back in before then. Hubby is like, go ahead, I'm like...I'm doing project pans because I have so much stuff.

My polish is called Wilderness, but instead of green or brown it is a beautiful Pink shimmer. My new fave and I usually don't want pink. It is so beautiful that if I could only have 1 pink in my collection, this is what I would keep.  I told my husband I thought the name was odd since the color was pink. He asked me if I've ever been in the Wilderness. I said no, but at least now I know it is pink. Ha.
. I think since you have glossydots saved up, don't they just automatically use them and send you boxes?

. I think since you have glossydots saved up, don't they just automatically use them and send you boxes?
No, but the Glossydots stay if you resub at a future point. Actually, you can only use them if you have an active sub. So technically I think you have to pay for a box and use the Glossydots to get a 2nd one of the same box.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  My yearly sub ended in July and I was trying to use my Glossydots and I assumed I could just use dots for August box and when I tried to resubscribe - the website wanted a credit card and I didn't want to put one in because I wanted to use Glossydots, I emailed CS and they did whatever needed done for me. But then I was charged for another year sub, so there was confusion over whether I was still subbed or not. I sent the email where I had asked not to renew before the due date they gave me and they reversed the charge but I think they forgot to reverse the Glossydots. Hence, my getting a box. Which I'm happy about, but I think it was a fluke that I got the box without my sub being active because of some wording they put in the email where they reversed the charge.

Edit note: I originally had 2,000 Glossydots and only asked for 1 box, that is how I still have enough dots for another box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for my box. They finally shipped it only after I opened a paypal dispute. Tracking number hasn't updated yet I think they are still actually in pre-shipment phase.

Maybe I'll get my box by october >.>

Still waiting for my box. They finally shipped it only after I opened a paypal dispute. Tracking number hasn't updated yet I think they are still actually in pre-shipment phase.

Maybe I'll get my box by october >.>
I wonder what's going on at Glossybox?  I received my shipping email August 24th.  I checked tracking the first week of September and it showed no movement, only stated "package not received."  I checked tracking again earlier today and it still said the same thing. 

I was really irritated and contacted customer service.  A few minutes later, I figured I'd just check tracking one more time and now it shows a shipping date of 9/9/14 with estimated arrival of 9/14 - 9/16.  Why would they send an email August 24th saying it shipped?  Ugh.   

They already charged me for September, but I'm going to make that my last box.  Sick of their shipping issues (I got the Mother's Day box two weeks after Mother's Day!) and it seems like the samples are getting smaller and just a bit 'lackluster.'   I'm thinking of the last LE box that had Be A Bombshell. . .that seems desperate.   And even the collaboration box we're getting next month is really boring.    Boxycharm is blowing them out of the water.   

I wonder what's going on at Glossybox?  I received my shipping email August 24th.  I checked tracking the first week of September and it showed no movement, only stated "package not received."  I checked tracking again earlier today and it still said the same thing. 

I was really irritated and contacted customer service.  A few minutes later, I figured I'd just check tracking one more time and now it shows a shipping date of 9/9/14 with estimated arrival of 9/14 - 9/16.  Why would they send an email August 24th saying it shipped?  Ugh.   

They already charged me for September, but I'm going to make that my last box.  Sick of their shipping issues (I got the Mother's Day box two weeks after Mother's Day!) and it seems like the samples are getting smaller and just a bit 'lackluster.'   I'm thinking of the last LE box that had Be A Bombshell. . .that seems desperate.   And even the collaboration box we're getting next month is really boring.    Boxycharm is blowing them out of the water.   
They lied and gave me the wrong tracking number! I guess to close my paypal dispute. I contacted them on facebook since they never answer their phone and they gave me a tracking number. This tracking number was valid or so I thought until I realized it was being delivered to San Antonio post office! What the hell?

I did get their actual shipping confirmation TODAY.

So it will probably take another two weeks putting my box being delivered at the end of September, not August.

Unbelievable.

I really don't know how they are still in business.

And just think, I have another month to look forward to.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my August box last night, once the box started moving, it did a fairly good job reaching me. I am glad I finally got my August box, but they didn't put the free eyeko mascara I had put the code in for. It's okay I guess... And I got the "wilderness" nail polish which I am happy with since I didn't have any similar color. I find it very hard to be excited after this long long waiting. I can't say I am glad I tried out GB, but I satisfied my curiousity well. Hope those who are still waiting for August box get yours soon enough-- It has been so long. ;(

Just got my box yesterday and hoping for some advice! I tried putting on the eyeliner this morning and it was a disaster! Any tips on applying it? Sometimes it'd come out too much and sometimes not at all. Ended up taking it off and putting my regular Cynthia Rowley eyeliner on.

Also, got the "wilderness" nail polish which is a shimmery pink....not a huge fan. Was hoping for purple or blue. I REALLY hope I don't get the pink Essie in the Sept box since I already have that color and just got that pink in the Aug box. Would love that red color!

Back