GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the bubble gum pink (Magnify) as well.

I think I am going to quite enjoy the highlighter.  I had to dab a bit on immediately.

I will use everything.  I even put on the nail polish before giving it to me daughter.  I have always wanted to see what my toes would look like with a bright pink but didn't want to waste a pedicure.  Not my favorite color on me.  So, I saved $$$!

I received the Precision nail polish color "Raspberry Beret," which I'm pretty happy with because I don't have anything quite like it yet. 

raspberry_beret_p700.jpg
I got my box today and also received this color! Love it! I didn't think that the Kryolan highlighter would be my thing, I have several others that work great for me, but I can see this being great for fall/winter. I m liking the first application of the Day Cream. The eyeko eyeliner is a new favorite :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . The shampoo and conditioner are bonuses, and I can't wait to give them a try. Great Box in my opinion.

I received the Precision nail polish color "Raspberry Beret," which I'm pretty happy with because I don't have anything quite like it yet. 

raspberry_beret_p700.jpg
I wouldn't normally have tried a grayed mid-tone cream polish like this, but the pictures and reviews look good for this one, so I will happily try it out. too. 

Another great Glossybox.  Excellent brands, useful products and big sizes.  I tried the shampoo and conditioner this morning and they smelled great and worked well for me.  I appreciate that they gave us both the shampoo and the conditioner, and in sizes so I can try them out several times.  I like that the face cream was filled to the top, so less oxidizing in storage.  I like the fineness of the highlighter and the way it smooths easily, so it is easy to blend.  And, no glitter!  I am not a pen liner person, but I appreciate the quality of the brand, so it will be easy to gift or swap.  And, I like the variety of products - skincare, hair care (2), nails, makeup (2).  Keep up the good work, Glossybox!

I have experienced everything in this box so far.  I think it was a good one.

I have never received shampoo or conditioner from GLOSSYBOX so, even though I am not sure its a winner just yet, I am glad to get something like this.

The nail polish as I mentioned before is not my color.

The eyeliner (my first liquid) was easy to apply.  I am not a black liner girl these days but, if I am going to be, I like the super fine tip for this straight lined challenged girl.

The highlighter - I kinda love it. 

The skin cream - I love receiving skin care products as they are usually pricey.  I would rather spend money on makeup in brands/colors I like.  so, these are always welcomed.  This one seems good so far after 2 applications. 

Pretty happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my box today!

The Spa Ritual nail polish is a shiny blue. I'm not sure about how I feel about this. I already have blue nail polish from Nails Inc and also the June box.

I haven't tried anything in the box yet.

Kind of crazy...I got charged for my September box today and also just received my August box today.  Just kind of crazy it takes so long to ship when they have the money so far ahead of time! 

Anyway, I got the blue Sparituals polish.  I like it, nice and shimmery.  It will be a good toe color!  And since they are sending us a pink Essie and Boxycharm is sending a red, white or brownish color, at least the blue is something different!

Kind of crazy...I got charged for my September box today and also just received my August box today.  Just kind of crazy it takes so long to ship when they have the money so far ahead of time! 

Anyway, I got the blue Sparituals polish.  I like it, nice and shimmery.  It will be a good toe color!  And since they are sending us a pink Essie and Boxycharm is sending a red, white or brownish color, at least the blue is something different!

Yeah they charged me for September and haven't even shipped my August box yet. I already cancelled but now I am filing a paypal dispute.

This is ridiculous.

I'm not trying to be mean in any way, but why would you have canceled? Of course you can not see what you are getting, because not even half of the boxes where shipped out yet! lol. The ones who do have their boxes have already posted about it on this same topic though, so you can see what you will get for this month. Glossyboxes do not come until the end of the month/ the start of the month ahead. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do though, hate their new cancellation policy. :angry:
I cancelled when I realized that because I didn't sign up until Aug 19 I would automatically be charged for August's AND September's boxes. 

They have charged me $21 TWICE now and I have yet to receive a thing. They haven't even shipped my august box yet and have already charged me for September's.

It will be the last dime of mine they will ever see.

Like most here, this box was a win for me too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm glad the Kryolan highlighter is cruelty-free, because I'm really liking it and just may buy the full size.   :wub:

@@Kookymama LOL! I have to agree with you, cupcakes make me happy too - especially chocolate ones. :luv:

Like most here, this box was a win for me too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm glad the Kryolan highlighter is cruelty-free, because I'm really liking it and just may buy the full size.   :wub:

@@Kookymama LOL! I have to agree with you, cupcakes make me happy too - especially chocolate ones. :luv:
If you look at the size, they are full size. They are just deeper than a lot of products I notice so it looks small.

I cancelled when I realized that because I didn't sign up until Aug 19 I would automatically be charged for August's AND September's boxes. 

They have charged me $21 TWICE now and I have yet to receive a thing. They haven't even shipped my august box yet and have already charged me for September's.

It will be the last dime of mine they will ever see.
I had subscribed on 13th, and I was charged immediately. But due to their system glitch, it was stuck on "pending" mode for a few days, and when they finally figured out, they put my subscription starting date as 20th, which meant I was going to be charged for August and September boxes, no choice for me whatsoever. I cancelled the subscription on 22nd, and cancelled preapproved authorization on GB charges in Paypal. My August box is still in "pay" mode, but I see that they already tried to charge me for a September box and the pay was not sucessful (duh). And now, instead of giving up on me, the "next box" is showing as "October box".... 

I probably got unlucky, but the whole experience with GB is not pleasant- I hope everyone else has much better experience with them. But for now, before I receive my August box some day and be wowed, I am not interested in a next one.

I should get my box today, finally. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

A week late in my opinion but according the my eta on my account it's a week early.  Sheesh.  

I got my box yesterday...noticed the shampoo and conditioner contains Royal Jelly. I mentioned it to my bf and he busted out the science on me, informing me that royal jelly is given to bees to turn them into Queen Bees. I interrupted him and said "...so you're telling me if I use this shampoo and conditioner I'll turn into Beyoncé?!??"

He wasn't nearly as amused as I was...I giggled for a good 10 mins.

Anyway my polish is navigate, shimmery blue color. Pretty! I like the spa ritual polishes they dry super fast!

Back