GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today and I'm actually most excited for the shampoo and conditioner. I have frizzy gross hair and am always looking for new hair products to try. I actually get relatively few in sub boxes! The ones I do get, I normally don't like, but I love giving them a shot. I got the red nailpolish and it's a very pretty shimmery red. I'll probably use everything in the box! 

I mean, I still canceled because their new rules are bullshit, but I'm glad that I got some good stuff in the slow wait to be actually canceled. 

Apparently I got the  70's funky Magenta then. Ugly. 

Something's happened to Glossybox. Their first box was better than this one. I remember how it was the primo sub box for almost a year.. Knocked down into the kitchen by Glossygate the first winter, now headed for the basement due to its lackluster curation..

If that highlighter sample was any smaller it would be invisible.. Of course, it's about 2 shades darker ( and more peachy) than my skin color so I don't see any use for it at all.

They should have given us Eyeko mascara. Sick of black eyeliners. Sick of mascara too, but Eyeko is one that goes on fast.

The day cream is the highlight of the big old Anniversary box for me. I'll use it this winter- if I get through my K- products. LOL
I'm wonderig why I'm still subbed to this box.....

Got my GB today. No tracking. 

Didn't get my mascara bonus item so I emailed them.

I payed $18.25 with ebates so I like to break it down like this:

Uberliss Shampoo and Conditioner - I'm super excited to try these. The Ph is 5.5 so it will keep my brazilian blowout longer and also has no sulfates - $7 for both

Eyeko Skinny Mini eyeliner - looks pretty amazing and the full size retails at $16. I give this one $3

Kryolan Highlighter - this is a pretty generous size so I would pay $3 for it. 

Eslor Collagen Day Cream - super excited to try this. The value of the sample we got is about $17-18 but I payed about $3.

Precision Nail Lacquer in "Can you keep a secret?" - $2.25

OVERALL A GREAT VALUE AND BREAKDOWN! If I get the mascara that is a bonus!!!

It's a little ironic that by upgrading my subscription to 6-months, I have delayed the processing.  My box is still in Pay mode and the last few months I would have had it by now.  Not sure I will keep my 6-month subscription at this pace.

@@MET ~ This happened to me with a 3 month upgrade. 

I have always received my box in the month that it was intended.  I was a monthly subscriber before.  I understand their policy of shipping last week of the month, beginning of the first.  However, with no activity and still parked in "pack" mode, I was starting to wonder if my box/me fell through the cracks with the order change.   I sent a friendly note to Glossy to explain what appears to be my new normal.  I was provided with a tracking number for my box.  Unfortunately, its a number that isn't showing up anywhere yet.  They didn't forget about me but, it appears I am on the late box list now.

Not sure what happened. I canceled after my july box. Was pretty sure they said that August would be my last box. But I haven't received one and no shipping email either which leads me to think I am NOT getting a box this month but I'm pretty sure I was charged :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not sure what happened. I canceled after my july box. Was pretty sure they said that August would be my last box. But I haven't received one and no shipping email either which leads me to think I am NOT getting a box this month but I'm pretty sure I was charged :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Have you double checked your account?  Mine is still in the pay phase, it says I will get it between Sept 3 and Sept 13.  I cancelled, too and August was my last box, but I already resubbed for the next 3 months with the 3 months for $40 code. 

Thanks! I just checked and mine apparently is also still not even packed yet. I guess once you've cancelled they're not in a huge rush to get yours to you ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks! I just checked and mine apparently is also still not even packed yet. I guess once you've cancelled they're not in a huge rush to get yours to you ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They're in no hurry to get mine out the door either. And I'm a current subscriber.  My delivery date eta is 9/1-9/14.  

I received my box today! I'm pretty excited about everything, but I didn't receive the mascara either even though I used the code and it was applied. I guess I'll be emailing, but I'm still happy! I received the pink polish, yay!

Pooey! I got mine. I got the red nail polish which I will never use. Wish I got the 80's purple one. I tried the eyeko liner this morning and was less than impressed with it. It wasn't coming out very smoothly or pigmented. and the tip is really stiff. I stored it upside down hoping that will help for tomorrow. We'll see!

I received my box today, with the red fingernail polish. I like it, but I'm an oddball that never tires of red polish.

It's a little ironic that by upgrading my subscription to 6-months, I have delayed the processing.  My box is still in Pay mode and the last few months I would have had it by now.  Not sure I will keep my 6-month subscription at this pace.
Same here! Started a 6-month sub last month, and mine is only in the pay phase. Maybe they figure once you have a sub they've got you? I guess it works out because I'll be away over Labor Day weekend and wouldn't want the stuff melting in the heat on my porch!

Pooey! I got mine. I got the red nail polish which I will never use. Wish I got the 80's purple one. I tried the eyeko liner this morning and was less than impressed with it. It wasn't coming out very smoothly or pigmented. and the tip is really stiff. I stored it upside down hoping that will help for tomorrow. We'll see!
I tried mine today and since I was working from home, it was the only makeup I was wearing. My eyes all of a sudden started burning like hellfire. I went into the bathroom and the eyeliner was almost completely gone... So weird.

Did anyone try the highlighter, yet? How was it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my shipping email which as we know means it will be tossed around Newgistics for a few days.  I can see the products I am getting on my dashboard.  I should be getting this little bundle next week. 

I really like the highlighter. I find it easier to place and blend well than other products I own. I really like the color. I would almost describe the shimmer as giving a dewy look.

Latest posts

Back