GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up for GB for the eyeko mascara (code magic), the highlighter and the mascara that were in the spoiler, and I am not excited about September box, so... I cancelled my subscription on GB and Paypal. Well... I wanted to like GB, but maybe I will re-sub in future when I see improvements. I am still looking forward to August GB box. My box is not even in "pack" mode yet, so... definitely will be receiving in September. 

I'm really excited about the Eslor product! I received that brand in my BB5 a couple of months ago and love it! That makes up for the crumy black eyeliner also coming in this box!

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on the Eyeko eyeliner. Debating between using my BB points to get that or the Benefit push up liner.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on the Eyeko eyeliner. Debating between using my BB points to get that or the Benefit push up liner.
I definitely prefer the Eyeko liner, it's actually my favorite for travel. It applies like a marker so it's easy to control and you can get really fine lines. It stays really well for me as well. My only complaint is that it's not a very rich black, so if bold is what you're going for it's maybe not your best bet. But I love it for everyday looks. 

I found the Benefit harder to use, mostly because it took time to get used to the applicator tip and it was such a pain in the butt to remove. On the bright side: once I got it, it stayed put! I'm talking like, zero smudges through a 2 hour workout in crazy humid Houston weather. But I already have an amazing gel liner that lasts forever (Bobbi Brown) so I didn't see the advantage of Benefit's. 

Hope this helped a little bit! 

I got my box on Saturday and was kinda bummed about it. It's probably the worst box I've ever gotten from Glossybox. Red nail polish? Black eyeliner? Shampoo and conditioner? I've gotten umpteen milion of these in other sub boxes. The only thing that I was excited about was the face cream since I need some, but other than that? Big ball of meh. It seemed like a lot of leftovers from other boxes that were sent to Glossybox. I may just subscribe on a month to month basis, depending on if I like the box or not

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my box and I love it..  The only thing that I am indifferent about is the shampoo and conditioner.. usually I hate getting polish, but I really like this color.. mine is a sort of purpley red color.. it is beautiful.  

I love the highlighter and I love the eyeko eyeliner.. I am very pleased.  I will definitely use every item in the box.. in fact, I already used the polish.

Mine was delivered today! Loving the cute little highlighter cube. The liner will be good for my purse. The Eslor is a good size. Just meh about shampoo, conditioner and red shimmery nail polish. I am very happy with half and don't absolutely hate the other half so it is a good box. You think they would have gone for more of a wow factor with this box. While the shampoo is not exciting and I may just trade it, its a pricy brand so some people might be excited to receive it. Just changing that nail polish for something better would have made a huge difference.

I also got mine today. I got Trillion Dollar Red. I think it is really pretty even though I have a lot of reds. I like the shimmer. 

Same box with the red polish. The cream has a strong smell, like my great aunt (who is amazing btw) and although I hate shampoo/conditioner, glossy has never sent it to me prior, so that's okay. I just purchased a bunch of the eyeko liners on deal genius and may just gift the highlighter. 

I have no progress with my box.  I usually have the box in my hot little hands by now.  Only change for me is I went with a 3 month sub.  It will materialize because I know their business practice.   But, who doesn't want stuff on their doorstep when you know its coming.  me, me, me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today. The color was 80s purple.

1409093228336.jpg

Same box with the red polish. The cream has a strong smell, like my great aunt (who is amazing btw) and although I hate shampoo/conditioner, glossy has never sent it to me prior, so that's okay. I just purchased a bunch of the eyeko liners on deal genius and may just gift the highlighter. 
I've never heard of that website but just found more information and ordered a set as well... so thanks!  I use eyeko's eyebrow gel and I really love it..  :lol:  I tried the eyeliner and it's quite nice too -- this is much cheaper than Stila's liquid eyeliner which I use now.... Thanks.

Latest posts

Back