GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went back on this thread to see what the brand of nail polish is that everyone is receiving because my dashboard shows I am getting SpaRitual (Explore Color Collection).  I haven't seen this brand mentioned and it doesn't appear to match the photos posted earlier.  Is this a variation or am I losing it?

Edited to add:  There is no red in the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the highlighter. I find it easier to place and blend well than other products I own. I really like the color. I would almost describe the shimmer as giving a dewy look.

Did anyone try the highlighter, yet? How was it? 
I'm really loving the highlighter so far too! It looks great on the brow bone. 

I just went back on this thread to see what the brand of nail polish is that everyone is receiving because my dashboard shows I am getting SpaRitual (Explore Color Collection).  I haven't seen this brand mentioned and it doesn't appear to match the photos posted earlier.  Is this a variation or am I losing it?
My dashboard shows the exact same polish.  It shows a picture of a purple color polish and I'm hoping it's really going to be that color (or anything except red!).

@@sayswhoo - I looked up the collection and this is what I found on it.  Not a red in the bunch.

Discover an entire new world of vegan color -- the bright, shimmery, and poppin' hues in the SpaRitual Explore collection. Each bold shade in this set is perfectly selected for this year's trends: Navigate is the same blue Pantone predicted as Spring 2014's signature color, North Star is a delicious grape, Wilderness is a shimmery tangerine that complements many skin tones, Firefly is an adventurous lime, Magnify is the ideal soft pink, and Uncharted is a flawless hot pink.

It's a little ironic that by upgrading my subscription to 6-months, I have delayed the processing.  My box is still in Pay mode and the last few months I would have had it by now.  Not sure I will keep my 6-month subscription at this pace.
Same here, mine has not budged from Pay mode too. Will have to be patient.. (I am very bad at it).

I got Precision nail polish. Retails for 5.95. Sparitual usually retails for 12.00, so you are getting the better deal. My survey also says Precision. I used the shampoo and conditioner today and it made my hair really soft. I liked it.

I'm still in pay mode, as well.  It is looking unlikely that my August box will come in August.  I think this is what irks me most about Glossy:  I have a year subscription that I am 10 months into.  Why can't my box be sent out on time?  I have been with them from the beginning, and I generally like more of what I get than I would spend in stores if I went out to buy it... but this is ridiculous!  They knew I was getting a box this month, and they have known that for 10 months.  Why am I among the last?

I'm still in pay mode, as well. It is looking unlikely that my August box will come in August. I think this is what irks me most about Glossy: I have a year subscription that I am 10 months into. Why can't my box be sent out on time? I have been with them from the beginning, and I generally like more of what I get than I would spend in stores if I went out to buy it... but this is ridiculous! They knew I was getting a box this month, and they have known that for 10 months. Why am I among the last?
I don't understand how they choose who gets their box and when. Mine is also still in pay mode. This is my 4th month. I did unsub and resub this month, although that really didn't affect august because I was always supposed to receive it. I will get several other September boxes before my august glossy even ships! Maybe one day they will catch up!

I don't understand how they choose who gets their box and when. Mine is also still in pay mode. This is my 4th month. I did unsub and resub this month, although that really didn't affect august because I was always supposed to receive it. I will get several other September boxes before my august glossy even ships! Maybe one day they will catch up!
The variations in the boxes depend on who is going to get their boxes and when.

The variations in the boxes depend on who is going to get their boxes and when.
I hope they are saving the best for last!

I kind of just forget about this box so I never realize that I haven't gotten it. I paid for a year upfront with some code, so I don't have it showing on my statements. It's easier that way. This is the latest, even later than my extra BG boxes a couple of months ago.

Got my box today, and I got 80's Purple! Yaaasss! :lol: Everything else was as expected except they didn't include my Eyeko mascara bonus, either, so I too have had to contact them. Seriously, Glossy, could we just go one month without your being a pain in my a$$?

Mine says I will be getting SpaRituals polish. The Explore collection looks like it has some pretty colors, I don't see any red.

I can't even see what I'm getting.

Has anyone actually received their box yet??

Already cancelled.

Sad this was my first month too

but too late to opt out of september's box ....

I got the Sparitual nail polish, in Magnify. Which is a bright pink color, and looks even brighter than the pics on their website show it as. I'm liking it as a nice color for summer toes.

I can't even see what I'm getting.

Has anyone actually received their box yet??

Already cancelled.

Sad this was my first month too

but too late to opt out of september's box ....
I'm not trying to be mean in any way, but why would you have canceled? Of course you can not see what you are getting, because not even half of the boxes where shipped out yet! lol. The ones who do have their boxes have already posted about it on this same topic though, so you can see what you will get for this month. Glossyboxes do not come until the end of the month/ the start of the month ahead. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do though, hate their new cancellation policy. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to receiving the highlighter.

GlossyAugust.jpg

Back