GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize in advance for offending anyone who likes it, but I think the CosmoProf LE box is ridiculous! Out all the potential items they could have had and they chose BaB, OPI and TWO different hair therapies? Who'd pay $40 for that? I hope it is a total flop, so Glossy will do more boxes like the La Prairie, instead.

I apologize in advance for offending anyone who likes it, but I think the CosmoProf LE box is ridiculous! Out all the potential items they could have had and they chose BaB, OPI and TWO different hair therapies? Who'd pay $40 for that? I hope it is a total flop, so Glossy will do more boxes like the La Prairie, instead.
I agree. It's not a bad box, but I kept looking at it and trying to figure out what would set it apart from a regular monthly box. The LE's should be extra special when they cost that much more.

I feel like the full spoilers for the September box are out! 

_sbz-glossybox-179_2-products.jpg
This must be the September box since they released the Benefit mascara as a spoiler for September. Which is kind of weird, because it's pretty much the least exciting sample out of all of them.

Anyways, this box will contain:
Vichy Liftactiv Night (0.51 fl oz)
Benefit, they’re real! mascara (0.1 oz)
Bvlgari Eau Parfume eau thé vert Conditioner (2.53 fl oz) or Bvlgari Eau Parfume eau thé blanc Conditioner (2.53 fl oz)
Essie She's Pampered (0.5 fl oz) or Essie Madison Ave-Hue (0.5 fl oz)
OCC Lip Tar Black Dahlia (0.33 fl oz) or OCC Lip Tar Authentic (0.33 fl oz)

I feel like the full spoilers for the September box are out! 

_sbz-glossybox-179_2-products.jpg

This must be the September box since they released the Benefit mascara as a spoiler for September. Which is kind of weird, because it's pretty much the least exciting sample out of all of them.

Anyways, this box will contain:

Vichy Liftactiv Night (0.51 fl oz)

Benefit, they’re real! mascara (0.1 oz)

Bvlgari Eau Parfume eau thé vert Conditioner (2.53 fl oz) or Bvlgari Eau Parfume eau thé blanc Conditioner (2.53 fl oz)

Essie She's Pampered (0.5 fl oz) or Essie Madison Ave-Hue (0.5 fl oz)

OCC Lip Tar Black Dahlia (0.33 fl oz) or OCC Lip Tar Authentic (0.33 fl oz)
I thought Eyeko eyeliner was going to be in Sept?  What country version is this box?

EDIT CUZ IM DUMB:  I think eyeko is August, right? 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Subscription Addiction is reporting that is a forthcoming limited edition Harper's Bazaar Glossybox.
I remember back when Bergdorf Goodman announced the box on their website it was also advertised as a "limited edition" one, but subscribers ended up getting it as the May box. I'm just thinking it must be the September box since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to include a mini Benefit mascara in both the LE and the monthly. But then again, GlossyBox seems to be making a lot of irrational decisions lately...

My Subscription Addiction is reporting that is a forthcoming limited edition Harper's Bazaar Glossybox.
It just updated at MSA to say "UPDATE: This is the September GlossyBox – not a stand alone Limited Edition box"  so maybe the threads could be merged?

I just read about the increase in gift box price but of course had to see it for myself. Ugh! $25 and the new cancellation policy, what are they thinking? Too much change too fast isn't good. I really enjoy their boxes and one of the reasons was because of the gift box price. I could pick up another one to keep on hand as a gift when needed. It made a great $15 pick me up girl friend gift. Now not so much. I may cancel. I pay a littl more for Blush and get way more out of it plus it always has a great assortment of hair care, make up and skin care. Geesh Glossybox hope you're reading these, we aren't very happy with you.
I officially cancelled today. August will be my last box. I am getting the eyeko mascara as a bonus gift. The bonus sign on gifts are what really make it for me with Glossybox. $21 is just a big too much for me to spend on a sub but I justify it with the extra item. With the price going up to $25, I will not be re-subbing. 

I officially cancelled today. August will be my last box. I am getting the eyeko mascara as a bonus gift. The bonus sign on gifts are what really make it for me with Glossybox. $21 is just a big too much for me to spend on a sub but I justify it with the extra item. With the price going up to $25, I will not be re-subbing. 
The price is still $21 per box, it is only $25 if you are gifting it, though, right?  Can you unsub and then resub using a freebie code for the $21 price? 

The price is still $21 per box, it is only $25 if you are gifting it, though, right?  Can you unsub and then resub using a freebie code for the $21 price? 
I cancelled for June's box and resigned up for July's box under the same account using a freebie code and had no problems or anything!

Yeah the gift box is 25, so why purchase a gift? Just get a 2nd sub...

Argh, dang it, Glossybox. I really like the spoilers for August and if that is the September box, I definitely want to get that one, too, so I went ahead and resubscribed. :blush: I'm so ashamed right now. I hope I have the strength to cancel again after September!

Argh, dang it, Glossybox. I really like the spoilers for August and if that is the September box, I definitely want to get that one, too, so I went ahead and resubscribed. :blush: I'm so ashamed right now. I hope I have the strength to cancel again after September!
I'm starting to think it's impossible to quit.....

Yeah the gift box is 25, so why purchase a gift? Just get a 2nd sub...
Hmm...I wonder if that is what GB wants because of their new cancellation policy. If you seriously only want one more box, $25 might make sense over getting roped into spending $42 to open a new sub and then unsub it right away but still getting charged for 2 months. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back