Glossybox August 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box came today. I got the nude/pearl polish so I'm happy. I'm actually going to try it on now. :)

glossybox august 2015 spoiler.jpg

I've been tracking my box on USPS' website and it was out for delivery today but now it says it was "undeliverable as addressed at 3:26 pm on August 13, 2015 in MARYSVILLE, CA 95901. It is being returned if appropriate information is available."

So should I email Glossy and tell them my box is deemed undeliverable based on their address label? I haven't touched my address on the website and it still shows as correct?
Something's going on because i checked my tracking and my box has been delivered to an address in another state. Either it was actually delivered to the wrong place or glossybox gave me the wrong tracking number.

My box went from KY to TX, and I'm in MA. I just realized that the destination zip code is in Texas. So hopefully that's a bad tracking number and my box will just show up soon!

Yeah if it doesn't get delivered tomorrow id go to you post office and ask what's up. That's happened to me before and turned out it was a sub delivery person on

my route that day, since my mail box is small the sub didn't know my mailman usually walks my boxes up to my front door at my apartment.

Oh I got my glossy, Ipsy, birchbox, a trade love with food and an Amazon order delivered today. At my house we call that winning the "mail lottery"

Heh my boyfriend only got a Netflix movie lol!

My polish is a bright fun summer pink called magnify.

I love the lip gloss. I wish all lip glosses were flavored (this reminds me of Bath & Body works "My Favorite Lipbalm" it's for a slightly sweet flavor, my had cupcakes and candy on the label, that's totally my "flavor!"

The only thing I'm meh on is the lash primer and more black eyeliner, but it'll get used eventually, like when I'm 70!

I wasn't sure about the lash primer either (I'm not a big fan of lash primers) but once I read on the little card thing that was inside that it should be used at night time, I want to try it. I don't mind putting something on at night to help condition my lashes.

I got my box yesterday. I also got the bright pink polish. It's just not my color at all. Despite what the movie said, redheads are not pretty in pink (80s reference for those of you old enough to get that) The Glamglow is much larger than I expected, the last one I received in a sub box was half this size. The lip balm smells great, but I've received a ton of lip balm lately. Not too excited about the others. I'll try the lash primer, but I really don't understand what conditioning does for my lashes.The eyeliner will go in a trade / sell box with the nail polish. I just have way to many black eyeliners.

I got a black nail polish.  Not really my color but oh well.  Still appreciate the full size.  The lip balm is SO good.  Might be the first thing I buy from Glossybox.

Mine was delivered!  I can't wait to get home and see what color polish I received.  I hope it's the nude one.  I was cleaning out my plethora of polishes a couple of months back and I think I inadvertently threw out all my buff/pink ones.

I actually like this box.. when I saw the spoilers - I was disappointed, but now that I have it.. I am very pleased. 

My polish is in the color ’Loving in Pink’..and it is stunning.. Opaque in one coat, but I went ahead and did two coats.. it is so, so, so pretty.. I usually hate getting polish, but I am very pleased with this..

I got my box yesterday. I also got the bright pink polish. It's just not my color at all. Despite what the movie said, redheads are not pretty in pink (80s reference for those of you old enough to get that) The Glamglow is much larger than I expected, the last one I received in a sub box was half this size. The lip balm smells great, but I've received a ton of lip balm lately. Not too excited about the others. I'll try the lash primer, but I really don't understand what conditioning does for my lashes.The eyeliner will go in a trade / sell box with the nail polish. I just have way to many black eyeliners.
Yep. Same polish here, too. I was disappointed with that, but pretty pleased with the Glamglow, and while it's too soon for results, I already like the application. I love this brand so much..I only wish it were half the price! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine was delivered!  I can't wait to get home and see what color polish I received.  I hope it's the nude one.  I was cleaning out my plethora of polishes a couple of months back and I think I inadvertently threw out all my buff/pink ones.
It WAS delivered today but approximately 2000 miles from my house.  The tracking number said it was delivered today in MN but I live in CA.   :blink:    Seems like it's happened to quite a few people, too.  It was probably just the wrong tracking# sent to me so I am not that worried, but I was disappointed that I DIDN'T have a box to open when I was expecting it.

It WAS delivered today but approximately 2000 miles from my house.  The tracking number said it was delivered today in MN but I live in CA.   :blink:    Seems like it's happened to quite a few people, too.  It was probably just the wrong tracking# sent to me so I am not that worried, but I was disappointed that I DIDN'T have a box to open when I was expecting it.
Whoops! You're right, you probably got the wrong tracking number. That's happened to me before. I mean I can't imagine them looking at the printed label and saying, "It says California, but let’s send it to Minnesota"

Hopefully it will show up soon!

I got an Email back!

"Thanks for writing in!

We have recently been informed that the apartment/suite number was cut off the shipping label for a few orders. We have created a reshipment for your August box to be shipped right away. Once we have tracking, we will provide it to you.

200 Glossydots will be added to your account for the delay.Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience."

So, they chopped off addresses. And their response for me was super quick and great. Once I review this box, with the extras they're giving me, I'll be one away from a free one. 

I think this box is definitely better than last month's, but it's still kind of meh for me.  I really like the GlamGlow cleanser, and I'm intrigued by the lash primer.  I already have a ton of black eyeliners, but will try this one.  I got the bright pink polish, and I'm usually a huge fan of pinks, but this one just isn't a good shade for me.  The lip stuff seems almost empty already?!

The lip stuff seems almost empty already?! "  *sorry, don't know what happened with the quote*

I thought the same thing!  I think we should mention it.  I wouldn't normally care but I really, really liked how my lips felt after I tried it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box today, and on first impressions I am pretty happy about this box!
The lip balm I got was a cupcake packaging and scent, and felt really great actually on my lips, and even better when it was worn off! I was very surprised, and now very happy about this little hidden gem! Luckily mine was not that empty at all like what @@girlnamedpete and @@inimitable_d said, which is really sad because the product is great!
I now have three samples of the GlamGlow Youthmud cleanser, so maybe that means something is trying to tell me that I should finally give it at try!

The nailpolish I got was in Water Lily, and I would say it needs around 2-3 coats, but is really pretty!

For the lash primer and eyeliner I will have to try them out on my eyes first, but glad to have them!

Would say that this month was pretty great for Glossybox! Just for them to stay this good every month would be great!

Back