Glossybox August 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the nail polish last night on my toes. I got the purple shade. It works well on the toes. I used the butter of london nail foundation. It's one of my favorite basecoats.

Has anyone emailed/gotten a response about the half empty lip balm? I'm debating contacting them because I really like it and I'm bummed there's so little in the tube.

Long time lurker here. I actually wrote to Glossybox after reading many had the same experience with the half empty lip balm. They actually responded quickly and said they were sorry, but that they were out of replacements to send but instead let me choose from a rather long list of inventory they had available to send me as a replacement. I wound up with the Skin and Co Truffle Serum instead! Not a bad deal! I am pretty impressed with their customer service and recommend contacting them about the unsatisfactory lip balm amount.

Long time lurker here. I actually wrote to Glossybox after reading many had the same experience with the half empty lip balm. They actually responded quickly and said they were sorry, but that they were out of replacements to send but instead let me choose from a rather long list of inventory they had available to send me as a replacement. I wound up with the Skin and Co Truffle Serum instead! Not a bad deal! I am pretty impressed with their customer service and recommend contacting them about the unsatisfactory lip balm amount.
Same exact experience with them.  I picked the Beautyblender.  They already sent me tracking for it, as well.

So while at work today, I received notification via USPS Text that my replacement box has FINALLY arrived after sitting in the post office for 2 days first. I get home, check the mail, and BAM! TWO BOXES! Which is funny, because if I follow the tracking for my original box that the apartment number was cut off of, it's not one that I received. So they sent me two replacement boxes? Which, I'm NOT complaining. They're exactly the same, so I'm gifting one to my friend (who actually loves the bubblegum pink polish). 

Anyways. I'm not a huge fan of the color of polish I got, but I swatched it on one nail (took two coats because I always do a thin first coat) and it dried in 3 minutes flat. I'm not talking it still squishes a little when I touch my nail" dry, I'm talking DRY. Done. I-can-pop-open-a-soda-can dry. I'm in love with the formula. Too bad I'm too broke for $12 polish.. 

Everything else will be used. I'm actually really happy with this box! 

So while at work today, I received notification via USPS Text that my replacement box has FINALLY arrived after sitting in the post office for 2 days first. I get home, check the mail, and BAM! TWO BOXES! Which is funny, because if I follow the tracking for my original box that the apartment number was cut off of, it's not one that I received. So they sent me two replacement boxes? Which, I'm NOT complaining. They're exactly the same, so I'm gifting one to my friend (who actually loves the bubblegum pink polish). 

Anyways. I'm not a huge fan of the color of polish I got, but I swatched it on one nail (took two coats because I always do a thin first coat) and it dried in 3 minutes flat. I'm not talking it still squishes a little when I touch my nail" dry, I'm talking DRY. Done. I-can-pop-open-a-soda-can dry. I'm in love with the formula. Too bad I'm too broke for $12 polish.. 

Everything else will be used. I'm actually really happy with this box! 
Check out eBay! A lot of people will list the items they got in boxes that the don't want. You can get one a lot cheaper!!

I'm telling you the spa ritual polish is the fastest drying polish ever!
It definitely is! I used it and couldn't believe how fast it dried compared to some of the other ones I have. Thanks for the tip!

I am really enjoying the lash primer. I am using as tipped as a lash conditioner. I am hoping it will make my lashes more manageable and easier to curl. 

I contacted GB about the half empty lip balm and they quickly sent me a list of products to pick from so of course I picjed the 260.00 orogold thermal mask, lol! I got one in the mothers day box, kinda can't believe they had it on the list amongst travel size things! Woohoo.

Same exact experience with them.  I picked the Beautyblender.  They already sent me tracking for it, as well.
That was my choice as well, I was torn between that, the Orogold mask and the Unwash cleansing conditioner, but I still have some of those left, and I need a need Beautyblender.

I received my serum (replacement for the half empty lip balm) yesterday and actually snorted. I won't complain since it was basically a "freebie" but the size of the sample was laughable. I wasn't assuming it would be the full size (which is about $75) but I got a Birchbox sized sample (like .034 oz)- and I just hope that is NOT what members actually got as one of their box items whenever this product went out. I always though Glossybox was supposed to be full/deluxe/travel sized items?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back