Glossybox December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right?  Once you buy a piece from any of the 'Mints, you are in a monthly sub program.  At Jewelmint, they charge you $29.99 each month and you get a credit towards any jewelry you want (note: credits expire after a year).  I believe you can opt out each month but only have 5 days to do so.

I am tempted to use their coupon for 70% off your first piece = $9.99 but I don't want to deal with the monthly sub catch.  I don't buy a lot of jewelry and I'm not sure all of their pieces are worth $30 either.  I do want to increase my accessory stash, but only when there is a deal to be had.

Ho hum.
Yeah, I agree. It reminds me of NuMe hair tools,  where they market their products as "wow look at this reeeeallly expensive thing you can get for really cheap" - That kind of makes it look cheaper than it is. The bracelet I ordered is not worth the original $109 it's listed as, not in a million year *eyeroll* I just thought it's cute. : D From the stuff online I Jewelmint looks like F21 jewelry to me.. which is cheap and cute but nothing you can keep forever. Haha.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got my December bag (after having it stolen from my mailbox and a month of back and forth with customer service).  I got the NYX in pale pink (woot).  Zero and highlight papers will go up for trade.  

Is it just me or was the bag way smaller than pictures? I expected the dome (?) of it to be taller, bigger or something.  It is still a cute sturdy bag just not what I was expecting!  
Doesn't sound like Glossybox at all...did you reply to the wrong thread?

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still no box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  How many other people haven't received a December box?
There are several people still missing the December box. My friend finally got hers last week. Keep at them and if not...do a chargeback

I never got my box and when i emailed them...i got a basically oh well response..cancelled and off to try another box..

I never got my box and when i emailed them...i got a basically oh well response..cancelled and off to try another box..

Originally Posted by Christy327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should at least get your money back. Call your credit card company... This is the only way they'll fix their issues. 

That's what I did for the Canadian version.

They would not replace my expired items and I went back and forth emailing a ton- at least 8 emails.

Same canned response "we are looking into it" and "sorry you do not like the colors" when my issue was unuseable items.

At least the US version has a phone #, but apparently they never answer- so maybe it does not matter.

I was really tempted by the US box, but maybe the only way I would do that is if you get a prepaid credit card? and it was very cheap too.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should at least get your money back. Call your credit card company... This is the only way they'll fix their issues. 

both of my boxes are out for delivery!!! i had a little incident where once my glossybox was taken back to the PO (for no reason, i always ask to please leave the packages at the garage which is huge and hidden and no thief would go there) so i wrote up a little note which i will tape to the front door. i don't want to risk that happening again!!! LOL

also funny... last week my modcloth package was taken back to the PO because the mailman came the 10 mins i wasn't home (-.-) so i ran around the neighborhood trying to find him like a crazy person : D didn't find him, had to wait for monday to get my package. the horror...
icon_eek.gif

I've been using the jasmine shower oil from the December Glossy of and I really like it. Very easy to use and moisturizing. I was not expecting to like it as much as I do. The scent has grown on me too.

Back