Glossybox December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's frustrating, isn't it? I have said that January will be my last box...but it pains me because I love the boxes so much...but at the same time I hate to support a company with such lousy CS. Ahhhhh. 
Love your haircut! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ps- I though overall that the December glossybox rocked!!!
Ditto. I actually thought this was a pretty good box overall. Especially compared to the UK box I got, I thought the US box I received was far more generous, with more interesting products (If anyone wants to see what I got in the Dec UK box, I did a review on my site.).

Jewelry items are always going to be hit or miss though. That was a surprising move by Glossybox as jewelry is SO taste-dependent.

Originally Posted by Delicia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto. I actually thought this was a pretty good box overall. Especially compared to the UK box I got, I thought the US box I received was far more generous, with more interesting products (If anyone wants to see what I got in the Dec UK box, I did a review on my site.).

Jewelry items are always going to be hit or miss though. That was a surprising move by Glossybox as jewelry is SO taste-dependent.
I loved the box, and even though the jewelry I received wasn't my style, I think it's so neat they branched out a bit and included an accessory. It was smart of them to not make the Jewelmint one of the regular samples though, because I think people would have been more likely to get upset if they got something they didn't like or that didn't fit and it counted as one of their 5 samples. I ended up trading my necklace for the perfume bottle necklace and love it!

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the jasmine bath oil... My bf hated the scent of it til I reminded him of the smell of jasmine in New Orleans at night by pirates alley- now he loves it bc it reminds him of all of our time in Nola. Im so crafty i crack myself up!!! Nola is my fav city in the US- it rocks!! The best of all worlds- it's a little dirty with a lot of class. Great food and an awesome party- the people are the best!! Back to beauty- Honestly, this oil is my fav glossybox item that I received to date and I've been a member since month 1. I'm going to buy a full size bottle when mine runs low. Anyone have any promo codes??
OK, girl, your post gave me chills!!! I used to live within easy driving distance of NOLA and it was my fave place in the world!! I have spent 2 honeymoons there.

Last week, when I was soaking in my bath with the Jasmine bath oil, the most VIVID memory came to me of a special shop in New Orleans years ago which compounds its own unique perfume and body oils. I was wishing so hard that I could go back--- if the store still exists, that is..

Did you go to this wonderful and unique perfumerie in the Big Easy by any chance? It was in the French Quarter, of course, and was opulence personified.. It could be transported to Paris and fit in perfectly!! . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's frustrating, isn't it? I have said that January will be my last box...but it pains me because I love the boxes so much...but at the same time I hate to support a company with such lousy CS. Ahhhhh. 
Love your haircut! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aw, thanks! Chopped off over a foot in the back so I feel naked, lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OK, girl, your post gave me chills!!! I used to live within easy driving distance of NOLA and it was my fave place in the world!! I have spent 2 honeymoons there. Last week, when I was soaking in my bath with the Jasmine bath oil, the most VIVID memory came to me of a special shop in New Orleans years ago which compounds its own unique perfume and body oils. I was wishing so hard that I could go back--- if the store still exists, that is.. Did you go to this wonderful and unique perfumerie in the Big Easy by any chance? It was in the French Quarter, of course, and was opulence personified.. It could be transported to Paris and fit in perfectly!! . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Ahhh that sounds amazingly wonderful. I've visited the city on numerous occasions but have never been- the last time we were there was for jazz fest. What an amazing time in the best city in the world. Next time I get back , I'm going to peruse the area for the perfumerie, I can imagine how wonderful the experience will be ;-)

Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, girl, your post gave me chills!!! I used to live within easy driving distance of NOLA and it was my fave place in the world!! I have spent 2 honeymoons there.

Last week, when I was soaking in my bath with the Jasmine bath oil, the most VIVID memory came to me of a special shop in New Orleans years ago which compounds its own unique perfume and body oils. I was wishing so hard that I could go back--- if the store still exists, that is..

Did you go to this wonderful and unique perfumerie in the Big Easy by any chance? It was in the French Quarter, of course, and was opulence personified.. It could be transported to Paris and fit in perfectly!! . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I know that shop!  Hove Parfumeur, I beleive!  When we went there on our honeymoon (many moons ago) I bought several perfumes there and kept the bottles as a memento.  It is always fun when smells transport me back in time.

ETA:  I just googled New Orleans perfumeries and Hove came up as well as Bourbon French Parfums.  There could be others, but at least those two are still there.

Surveys are up.  I got the email today while I was at work and had to wait to get home to get started.  1st survey I did was for Zoya, got to the last question and it asked "is there anything Wella could have done to improve your satisfaction?"

They might be listening to feedback because they seemed much shorter this month imo.  They also have surveys for all the products.  It asked did you recieve the oil?  When I said no it said, please only complete surveys for product you received but it is still in there.....

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Surveys are up.  I got the email today while I was at work and had to wait to get home to get started.  1st survey I did was for Zoya, got to the last question and it asked "is there anything Wella could have done to improve your satisfaction?"

They also have surveys for all the products.
Did the JewelMint have a survey?  I have a box (still) in transit a few hours away but not moving.  There was no JewelMint in my list of surveys so I was curious...

No Jewelmint survey.  They had a 1212 "bonus" survey that addressed the Jewelmint item where you got to rate your satisfaction with it on a 10 pt scale.  Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did the JewelMint have a survey?  I have a box (still) in transit a few hours away but not moving.  There was no JewelMint in my list of surveys so I was curious...

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No Jewelmint survey.  They had a 1212 "bonus" survey that addressed the Jewelmint item where you got to rate your satisfaction with it on a 10 pt scale.  Hope that helps!
Cool!  I did have the 1212 Bonus survey - so sounds like there might be a JM piece in my slow as molasses box.

The two issues I have with Glossybox is: processing issues and shipping speed! For whatever reason, boxes for my account don't usually get sent at the right time.  So I have to closely monitor everything.  When there has been issues, they do resolve it and I do eventually receive a box.  But it's a pain to not trust their process.

And then once it does ship, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

I agree!  I make sure to put that in the boxes when they do these bonus surveys (Nov and December) when it says list 3 things that come to mind when you think of Glossybox I always put slow shipping first!  For $21 per month there have to be some better options!  I mean BB and Ipsy can do it right, faster shipping at half the cost?

Cool!  I did have the 1212 Bonus survey - so sounds like there might be a JM piece in my slow as molasses box.

The two issues I have with Glossybox is: processing issues and shipping speed! For whatever reason, boxes for my account don't usually get sent at the right time.  So I have to closely monitor everything.  When there has been issues, they do resolve it and I do eventually receive a box.  But it's a pain to not trust their process.

And then once it does ship, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's so incredibly frustrating! I haven't decided to give up quite yet. I am going to let them send me a replacement box for December (we'll see if it comes or not) and see if I get my box for January. If I don't get my replacement box for December, I swear I'm gonna blow a gasket! There is no reason that I should be charged for something that I did not get. The tracking even proves that all that happened was Newgistics received the electronic shipping info, and never received the box to send. That's what they told me as well when I called and got a case#. I told Glossybox all of this (in an email of course, since their phone system is a joke), and they are still contending that it was shipping's fault, not theirs. Shipping says they never had a box to send. I hate getting jerked around

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my fear. I LOVE Glossybox and so far I have had no problems with them. I am scared one day I will and I will get the terrible customer service everyone else is having with them. Then I will have to decide if I want to give up something I truly like over it.
It's a hard decision to make. I have decided not to give up yet though, because I love their products. They screwed up big time this time though, so I may just give them one more chance. I hope nobody has to go through this BS. I wonder if you can report terrible customer service somewhere, or if you just have to complain to the BBB

I think January will be my last box. They really need to get their act together. The lack of customer service is infuriating. It seems that a good number of people didn't get their december box. I paid for my box in November, it was meant to be a xmas gift. This is beyond ridiculous. People are getting 4 extra boxes they didn't order and some can't even get one.

I'm having some CS issues myself, unfortunately - they never uploaded my November surveys so I couldn't take them for dots/points. I've emailed them five times now since December 8th (I actually heard back the first time I emailed them; they explained there was a glitch in the system that would be fixed soon). I really enjoy the box itself so I'll most likely continue to subscribe even though their CS is sorely lacking. I hope it doesn't get to the point where I have to re-think this.

I would highly suggest filing a dispute with your debit/credit card holder ASAP and file a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office if you feel ripped off. If you paid for something in November and expected to get it in December and here it is already the 2nd week of January and you STILL haven't received anything then GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm having some CS issues myself, unfortunately - they never uploaded my November surveys so I couldn't take them for dots/points. I've emailed them five times now since December 8th (I actually heard back the first time I emailed them; they explained there was a glitch in the system that would be fixed soon). I really enjoy the box itself so I'll most likely continue to subscribe even though their CS is sorely lacking. I hope it doesn't get to the point where I have to re-think this.
Did you get the R29 box like I did that month?  I emailed them about this and was told there would be no surveys for R29 since it was a special deal.  But they did award me 50 points for compensation since I'd been a loyal Glossybox subscriber.  

I usually use the Contact form on their website for issues with decent turn around times (1-2 days typ).  Had a small issue last night and they got back in touch with me this morning...

-L

Did you get the R29 box like I did that month?  I emailed them about this and was told there would be no surveys for R29 since it was a special deal.  But they did award me 50 points for compensation since I'd been a loyal Glossybox subscriber.  

I usually use the Contact form on their website for issues with decent turn around times (1-2 days typ).  Had a small issue last night and they got back in touch with me this morning...

-L
Oooh thanks for letting me know! Yes I did get the R29 box so that's probably why - I wish GB had told me this in their initial response! I'll try using the Contact form on their website and see what happens. Appreciate the info! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back