Glossybox December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I feel for those of you getting the runaround from Glossybox.  I have never had issues that required interacting with customer service yet, but if I was having trouble like some of you are I would be really frustrated!
I felt the same way towards everybody who had these bad experiences. I have been with them since day one, and loved every single box. I just think they should be really ashamed of themselves for treating their customers this way. It seems the only way to get a response out them is to harass them on Facebook or Twitter, and even then, they just say, "oh we'll give customer service your name".

For me, I ordered 2 boxes (and somehow ended up with 4) at different times (cyber monday and a gift). Unfortunately all the boxes are identical. I'm surprised about having two extra ones, but it's kinda disappointing when I was hoping for mattifying gel and maybe some variation in the jeweled pieces. So I might also put mine up for trade. lol

But I have separate issues as well with the surveys from November. I feel that 20pts isn't sufficient for the weird format and confusing directions.

Originally Posted by lolitam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So what did you get?!  I'm thinking you could put some of your unwanted items up for trade...

I ordered 4 boxes at different times and so they were all different.  2 were gifts shipped directly to the recipients, 1 was for myself at the beginning of the month and 1 I ordered after I received my first Dec. box.   

The first 3 boxes had the Zoya polish (electra and storm,) different Jewelmint pieces, the Marc clickstick or Denise Richards spray, the bath salts,  the oil, the Pleats Please, and the Wella packet.

I gave my Zoya polish, lipstick, and bath salts as gifts because I figured I'd get them again in my second Dec. box but Nope!  In my second box, which arrived a few days after Christmas (I ordered very late in the month and knew it would arrive towards Jan.) I recvd the Modelco lipstick/gloss combo and the OC8 Mattifying stuff, both of which I got in a previous glossybox but they're both nice high value items.  Then the Oscar Blandi spray, Pleats Please, Wella hair packet, and Jewelmint piece (jewelmint piece was different than the previous Dec. boxes.)

I'm a little bummed that I gave away my Zoya polish because I wanted it! That'll teach me to expect duplicate boxes.

In case anyone is curious, the Jewelmint pieces I received were-

silver birds nest bangle (small opening but cute)

silver bottle necklace (LOVE this!)

long earrings with feathers - I didn't get to see this one in person, gifted box

and one more piece that I didn't get to see because it was a gift

I will eventually put up a trade link for some of the stuff I got.  But overall, I was very pleased with the contents of the boxes and the cost per box - I did go through ebates and I also used $5 off codes for 2 of the 4 boxes.

I cannot believe that some people are getting multiple boxes and others are getting none. I bet the multiple boxes are the result of mislabeling and actually belong to the overlooked subscribers!

I am having a different issue- GB is claiming my subscription ended in November when I paid from July to December! I have been arguing like crazy with them, including sending screencaps  with explanations and all sorts of screeching. Never could get through on the phone either- just like everyone else! Insane. They claim they are sending me December's box. Believe it when I see it. I have ordered January's as a one off so I can get enough dots for a free February. URG!

I'm a bit worried because my 3 month subscription ended in Dec. and there was no way on the website that I could find to change it to a month to month charge. I never could contact GB CS, nor get a reply other than the " We are overloaded" to my emails.
I initially had a month to month sub. but GB CS convinced me to change it to a 3 month in Sept.. so it ended in Dec.

I had reviewed every Glossybox US box since they started shipping them, but since I didn't see any way to change my subscription back to a month to month charge, I had to completely sign up again. I have no idea if my GlossyDots transferred or if I will get a box or get two boxes.

One just never knows with Glossybox. I got 2 December boxes. Identical in every way, but totally OK because I love the bath oil, the Jewelmint silver bottle necklace and the lipstick. I gave the second silver bottle necklace and the 2 gold nail polishes to friends, who are used to my sub box lil gifties.  I am loving the 2 bottles of bath oil. I will use the bath crystals and the 2nd lipstick. Lipstick color is perfect for me in the winter.

Glossybox would be perfect if they would hire more/ better CS. It's kinda strange to me that their headquarters phone number is a mobile phone... which never gets answered..

I'm a bit worried because my 3 month subscription ended in Dec. and there was no way on the website that I could find to change it to a month to month charge. I never could contact GB CS, nor get a reply other than the " We are overloaded" to my emails. I initially had a month to month sub. but GB CS convinced me to change it to a 3 month in Sept.. so it ended in Dec. I had reviewed every Glossybox US box since they started shipping them, but since I didn't see any way to change my subscription back to a month to month charge, I had to completely sign up again. I have no idea if my GlossyDots transferred or if I will get a box or get two boxes. One just never knows with Glossybox. I got 2 December boxes. Identical in every way, but totally OK because I love the bath oil, the Jewelmint silver bottle necklace and the lipstick. I gave the second silver bottle necklace and the 2 gold nail polishes to friends, who are used to my sub box lil gifties.  I am loving the 2 bottles of bath oil. I will use the bath crystals and the 2nd lipstick. Lipstick color is perfect for me in the winter. Glossybox would be perfect if they would hire more/ better CS. It's kinda strange to me that their headquarters phone number is a mobile phone... which never gets answered..
I have to agree with you with hiring more cs representatives and it doesn't seem very professional to use a mobile phone number if one isn't on call to pick it up.

Just wanted to share my GB variations as I was finally able to grab my box yesterday! I got the Zoya in Electra and the little bird drop earrings from JewelMint. Love both items!

a little late but here's my December box. I love eye cream and the JewelMint rings! 

Huh.

I got a tracking email for my Glossybox.  I got my Glossybox in the expected delivery time in the tracking email, but tracking email didn't show it had left NJ.  So I was surprised when it showed up.  

Well...I've been watching the tracking email and it looks to me like a second box might just be coming my direction.  It made movement into CA today.  Guess I should see what GB says... I half hope they let me keep it to see if I get a JM piece I like and hopefully a different Zoya.  And maybe I'll get the body oil instead of the hair spray this time...

FWIW: I was content with my box although I'm NOT enjoying the Denise Richards hairspray at all.  While I rarely use hair spray, when I do I'm sticking with my Bumble & Bumble.  And I got Electra for my nail polish!  Whew.

-L

I think nelliebelle is right. There have been an awful lot of people getting double boxes when they should be getting one, and an awful lot of people not getting any box when they should be getting one. I'm not sure how that happened, but it looks like the missing boxes went to other people. I am hesitant to bring this up to customer service, since I have had such rotten luck with them. I wonder if it's even worth it.....I'm really pissed about not getting my box though; I got charged just like everyone else did. They never fail to collect their money on time, but getting their products out has been kind of a crap shoot lately.

You need to do something. It is NOT RIGHT for you to lose your money! I have asked for a guarantee in writing that I am getting a December box; I am going to pay for January, get my freebie in February, then cancel for something else. May try the new seasons box or pick up PopSugar again, or an extra sample society. At least with SS I can get excellent CS!

Originally Posted by Coocabarra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think nelliebelle is right. There have been an awful lot of people getting double boxes when they should be getting one, and an awful lot of people not getting any box when they should be getting one. I'm not sure how that happened, but it looks like the missing boxes went to other people. I am hesitant to bring this up to customer service, since I have had such rotten luck with them. I wonder if it's even worth it.....I'm really pissed about not getting my box though; I got charged just like everyone else did. They never fail to collect their money on time, but getting their products out has been kind of a crap shoot lately.

I remembered after reading back a few pages that I replied to the $15 " gift box" offer. The one with the totally rude email to the recipient, who luckily was also me.

That's why I got 2 boxes,  I bought an extra with the $15 offer.. but I did think they would send at least a bit of variation.

I knew they didn't send me an extra box by mistake but I ordered so much stuff during the holidays that I had forgotten about their offer and their really rude way of presenting it to the recipient. With GB,. I have come to expect rudeness/ neglect, but I totally love most of the boxes' contents! It's a LOVE/ HATE relationship!! The people who curate the boxes are savvy and innovative, but their CS dept.s a sick joke!! 

On a positive and happy note: Does anyone else totally LOVE the bath and shower oil? I want to buy the full size. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Love the way my skin feels and smells for hours longer than any lotion lasts on me. I threw away the boxes and cards and have no idea what company's product it is.. I really don't want to look at my " new" account right now either until I know I can get a real live person on the other end of the phone.....

I think most of you KWIM. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them all and there you have Glossybox, Glossybox".

Love the jasmine bath oil... My bf hated the scent of it til I reminded him of the smell of jasmine in New Orleans at night by pirates alley- now he loves it bc it reminds him of all of our time in Nola. Im so crafty i crack myself up!!! Nola is my fav city in the US- it rocks!! The best of all worlds- it's a little dirty with a lot of class. Great food and an awesome party- the people are the best!! Back to beauty- Honestly, this oil is my fav glossybox item that I received to date and I've been a member since month 1. I'm going to buy a full size bottle when mine runs low. Anyone have any promo codes??

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The products are great but the customer service is abysmal. My friend still hasn't received her December box. I want to tell them to get off twitter and facebook and address their customer service issues.

For your entertainment I suggest reading what I and other Canadians got in out Dec 2012 Glossybox.

8+ year old expired avaon eyeshadows, 4 year old Revlon nail polish....some w Rite-Aid stickers on them.

We do not have Rite-Aid in Canada either.

And the service for Canadians is non-existent.

I was very tempted to get the US Glossybox as I have a US address,but doubt I will now.

I've been lurking for a while before signing up to this forum also !

Feeling super dumb right now, but I'm trying to open the bath oil for the first time. Am I supposed to take the plug out to open it or something totally different, like punch a hole through it? I swear mine seems glued on, I just can't get it off. It smells amazing though.

Feeling super dumb right now, but I'm trying to open the bath oil for the first time. Am I supposed to take the plug out to open it or something totally different, like punch a hole through it? I swear mine seems glued on, I just can't get it off. It smells amazing though.
Pull the plug out! It's just super hard. I had to use my teeth.....don't tell my dentist! Shhhhh

Haha ok, thanks! I've tried prying it out with my nails, a file, ruler, couldn't get it to budge. Now that I at least know I'm not doing it wrong I'll try again.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to do something. It is NOT RIGHT for you to lose your money! I have asked for a guarantee in writing that I am getting a December box; I am going to pay for January, get my freebie in February, then cancel for something else. May try the new seasons box or pick up PopSugar again, or an extra sample society. At least with SS I can get excellent CS!
I got a response back to my email that they will be sending me a replacement box, so I should be getting that probably around the time my January box comes....maybe after. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high. Just sucks reading everyone's responses to all of the great products, and I can't play with or use anything! GB really was my favorite sub. I just need to ask myself if all of the great products are worth the sucky customer service or not.....

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a response back to my email that they will be sending me a replacement box, so I should be getting that probably around the time my January box comes....maybe after. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high. Just sucks reading everyone's responses to all of the great products, and I can't play with or use anything! GB really was my favorite sub. I just need to ask myself if all of the great products are worth the sucky customer service or not.....

It's frustrating, isn't it? I have said that January will be my last box...but it pains me because I love the boxes so much...but at the same time I hate to support a company with such lousy CS. Ahhhhh. 

This is my fear. I LOVE Glossybox and so far I have had no problems with them. I am scared one day I will and I will get the terrible customer service everyone else is having with them. Then I will have to decide if I want to give up something I truly like over it.

Latest posts

Back