Glossybox December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it wrong that I'm kinda upset it was so easy to cancel my account? D: I kinda want this month's box D: and I'm hoping something went wrong and it wasn't canceled XD

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know that shop!  Hove Parfumeur, I beleive!  When we went there on our honeymoon (many moons ago) I bought several perfumes there and kept the bottles as a memento.  It is always fun when smells transport me back in time.

ETA:  I just googled New Orleans perfumeries and Hove came up as well as Bourbon French Parfums.  There could be others, but at least those two are still there.
Oooh, hope they have websites and will do Internet orders.. Thank you for checking this out. The one I am familiar with is a great and very old shop. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get the R29 box like I did that month?  I emailed them about this and was told there would be no surveys for R29 since it was a special deal.  But they did award me 50 points for compensation since I'd been a loyal Glossybox subscriber.  

I usually use the Contact form on their website for issues with decent turn around times (1-2 days typ).  Had a small issue last night and they got back in touch with me this morning...

-L
I was wondering, did you get surveys for the regular November box in place of the R29 surveys?

So my friend finally got her box. I'm annoyed because it was supposed to be The Glitz and Glamour theme for december. Instead she got a mish mash of

items from December, September and October. 

Actually according to Glossybox website that is some stuff that could possibly be included in the December box! I'm jealous. She got a better box then I did. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the OC8 is the only item that wasn't in the December boxes
It was in one of the December boxes, quite a few new subbers got it...when that and the Modelco started popping up in reviews people were freaking out thinking they would get dupes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was in one of the December boxes, quite a few new subbers got it...when that and the Modelco started popping up in reviews people were freaking out thinking they would get dupes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
pffft I was a new subber and ofc didn't get it D: Sorreh :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh yeah I see it on the site, must have forgotten it since well...none of us got it while we were getting the boxes XD 

Glossybox is awesome. My jewelmint item was missing, and today I got a coupon code for one free jewelmint item.

I unsubbed from GB but they honored their promise to replace the Jewelmint piece! I got a voucher for a free item for up to $29.99 and just redeemed it for a cute fruit charm bracelet. If you got one too I'd hurry, there seems to be a lot of people who got a code because stuff is flying off the (virtual) shelves, lol. 

Shipping is free too so this item really IS free! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> P.S. If anyone doesn't want their code.. I'll gladly take it 
wub.gif

WOW, it seems like their CS is either " 100% there for the customer" or " Zoned out and not bothered to answer mobile phone or reply to specific question asked:"

I've only had one other sub box company do me that way, and you all aren't going to like it, but I'm going to name it.

Julep has had extremely inconsistent CS with me. I ordered a Mystery Box back in the fall. 2 bottles of top coat were broken and had spilled all over the color polishes. They wanted a PHOTO.

The top coat is CLEAR. The bottle broke off right at the neck ( like Julep bottles break) and nothing showed up as being wrong or ruined in a photo.

I would still have probably stayed with them if not for SquareHue, which I often type as SquareHug by " mistake'-- because they are SO nice, their shipping is GREAT, and their polishes really really appeal to me.

GB really needs for someone to contact the head of CS or Marketing and tell them how schizo their CS reps are.

Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOW, it seems like their CS is either " 100% there for the customer" or " Zoned out and not bothered to answer mobile phone or reply to specific question asked:"

I've only had one other sub box company do me that way, and you all aren't going to like it, but I'm going to name it.

Julep has had extremely inconsistent CS with me. I ordered a Mystery Box back in the fall. 2 bottles of top coat were broken and had spilled all over the color polishes. They wanted a PHOTO.

The top coat is CLEAR. The bottle broke off right at the neck ( like Julep bottles break) and nothing showed up as being wrong or ruined in a photo.

I would still have probably stayed with them if not for SquareHue, which I often type as SquareHug by " mistake'-- because they are SO nice, their shipping is GREAT, and their polishes really really appeal to me.

GB really needs for someone to contact the head of CS or Marketing and tell them how schizo their CS reps are.
GB seems to have a very small staff. I think I remember it being less than 10 people. Anyway, I'm thinking there must be a bad apple or two in customer service because you are right, they are either awesome, or horrible. There's no way the person who is friendly and helpful is also awful. They need to get the  bad one out because it's hurting their reputation big time.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GB seems to have a very small staff. I think I remember it being less than 10 people. Anyway, I'm thinking there must be a bad apple or two in customer service because you are right, they are either awesome, or horrible. There's no way the person who is friendly and helpful is also awful. They need to get the  bad one out because it's hurting their reputation big time.

Yep, when I had an issue with a missing item a while back, I sent an email explaining the issue carefully, along with a picture of the card listing my box contents and what I actually received.

Someone emailed me back and said "We send out different box variations. You didn't get the blush because you weren't supposed to get the blush" despite the fact that it was clearly listed on the box card I sent them, and I had gotten only 4 items.

When I send another email, another rep promptly sent me out a replacement, no problem. Definitely a sucky one or two in there.

Did everyone get a jewelmint code for a free piece? I ordered something from them after getting last months GB and didnt realize they have a yearly fee until they chrged my card for it.....I called and it was refunded but wanted to warn others.

Originally Posted by birchhughes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did everyone get a jewelmint code for a free piece? I ordered something from them after getting last months GB and didnt realize they have a yearly fee until they chrged my card for it.....I called and it was refunded but wanted to warn others.
Ugh, that's so annoying! I did order my free piece but since it was free I didn't have to enter any sort of card info.Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they have a yearly fee!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, that's so annoying! I did order my free piece but since it was free I didn't have to enter any sort of card info.Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they have a yearly fee!
Right?  Once you buy a piece from any of the 'Mints, you are in a monthly sub program.  At Jewelmint, they charge you $29.99 each month and you get a credit towards any jewelry you want (note: credits expire after a year).  I believe you can opt out each month but only have 5 days to do so.

I am tempted to use their coupon for 70% off your first piece = $9.99 but I don't want to deal with the monthly sub catch.  I don't buy a lot of jewelry and I'm not sure all of their pieces are worth $30 either.  I do want to increase my accessory stash, but only when there is a deal to be had.

Ho hum.

I never got my December box and no matter what I do, I cannot get through to their CS.  Any ideas what I can do to get through to them?

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't received my box yet either, and have been getting the run around that I need to contact the shipping companies because Glossybox has sent it.  I wonder if there is a lost palette sitting at Glossybox and everyone in the same area is missing their box.  I am in the upper midwest (Iowa).  Where are the rest of the people located who haven't received their boxes?
I am in IN

Back