Glossybox December 2013 *Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always had pretty good service from them. Occasionally slow, but they've always made things right for me.

I'm still not resubbing once my sub runs out in Feb, though, because all of the other countries shutting down and co-founder stepping down, etc has me really nervous! But I always like my boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've always had pretty good service from them. Occasionally slow, but they've always made things right for me.

I'm still not resubbing once my sub runs out in Feb, though, because all of the other countries shutting down and co-founder stepping down, etc has me really nervous! But I always like my boxes.
Woooah...I didn't know all of that was happening! My sub runs out in February as well. Maybe I'll just watch from afar for a while and see what happens. When the co-founder steps down, something fishy is happening.

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Woooah...I didn't know all of that was happening! My sub runs out in February as well. Maybe I'll just watch from afar for a while and see what happens. When the co-founder steps down, something fishy is happening.
http://venturevillage.eu/glossybox  Sounds more like the growing pains any start-up has to go through --- pruning and re-directing after having some learning under their belt.  

Quote: Originally Posted by shirleyb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  http://venturevillage.eu/glossybox  Sounds more like the growing pains any start-up has to go through --- pruning and re-directing after having some learning under their belt.  
Thanks for sharing. I liked his honesty and transparency about it. It doesn't look like they're going anywhere anytime soon - at least in the US.

Eek, I just test drove the Victoria polish and it didn't go well. I needed 2.5 coats to make it not look streaky, and it was kind of hard to clean up. I took it back off right after applying and now I'm trying to un-stain my cuticles. I think this will be a good toenail color, but it's a lot sheerer than I expected for such a dark color, and kind of difficult to apply evenly and without the dreaded bloody cuticles look. Is this pretty standard for the Nails Inc formulas? It's the first polish from Nails Inc that I've tried.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eek, I just test drove the Victoria polish and it didn't go well. I needed 2.5 coats to make it not look streaky, and it was kind of hard to clean up. I took it back off right after applying and now I'm trying to un-stain my cuticles. I think this will be a good toenail color, but it's a lot sheerer than I expected for such a dark color, and kind of difficult to apply evenly and without the dreaded bloody cuticles look. Is this pretty standard for the Nails Inc formulas? It's the first polish from Nails Inc that I've tried.
I've only ever tried their topcoat effects, but my experience with those was about the same.  Goopy and hard to work with, I ended up returning the couple that I got.  

This was my December German GB:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. A few items look similar to what we received in the US.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. A few items look similar to what we received in the US. You're welcome! I have noticed they sample a few of the same items each month.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here! It was hard to apply evenly. Some parts of my nails look more "bloody" and other parts look darker. Oh well. It's still a beautiful color in beautiful packaging. Hope the formulas of their other colors are better.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're welcome! I have noticed they sample a few of the same items each month.
That box is so stinking cute! I love the Christmas tree design, I wish ours in the US had looked the same. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally getting around to trying out the pumpkin mask. Once its on it reminds me of baby food. I will either look really good or really bad for my new drivers license picture tomorrow! It did burn quite a bit at first.

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're welcome! I have noticed they sample a few of the same items each month.
That box is so stinking cute! I love the Christmas tree design, I wish ours in the US had looked the same. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks! I think that box and a sea themed one we got in the summer were my favorites.

Quote: Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Finally getting around to trying out the pumpkin mask. Once its on it reminds me of baby food. I will either look really good or really bad for my new drivers license picture tomorrow! It did burn quite a bit at first.
I put it on my face and I couldn't stand the burning so I took it off right away - does it get better? I have like 3 tubes of it and I want it to work for me! 

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put it on my face and I couldn't stand the burning so I took it off right away - does it get better? I have like 3 tubes of it and I want it to work for me! 

The burning only lasts a couple of m inutes, it's supposed to happen...it's the enzymes getting rid of the dead skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The burning only lasts a couple of m inutes, it's supposed to happen...it's the enzymes getting rid of the dead skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hmmm, interesting, I'll have to try it again soon!! 

Yes it definitely goes away. I find with masks like the the more often I use them the less they burn.

Yes it definitely goes away. I find with masks like the the more often I use them the less they burn.

i find that to be the case, too...my theory is that the more you use them, the less they have to work to de-gunk your face....or at least it makes sense to me!

i find that to be the case, too...my theory is that the more you use them, the less they have to work to de-gunk your face....or at least it makes sense to me!
I like the way you think :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I recently noticed that my face is not tingling with any of my masks- some of mine are 6 months old and I thought it was maybe because they were getting old. I definitely would like to think its because my face is in good shape.. lol!

Wow - tried it on my daughters skin last night - and it makes it sooooo smooth.  She thinks its her fav mask so far!

Back