Glossybox December 2013 *Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the 3 month Living Social with a promo code, so it was a really good deal! After seeing all the spoilers online. I think this might be my favorite sub box ever. 

My package tracking is so weird though. It shows it made it about an hour away from me then says something about Partner delivery with no estimated date as it normally does. I'm trying to be patient but this is killing me slowly!

I too bought a living social deal. My box still hasn't even shipped yet...UGH .., I really want that pumpkin mask- sounds amazing!! I'm obsessed with the mask tingle/burn- makes me feel like it's actually doing something... Lol!!

Quote: Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know if the body wash was sent in any scents other than rose?
I'm pretty sure it only shipped in rose.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too bought a living social deal. My box still hasn't even shipped yet...UGH .., I really want that pumpkin mask- sounds amazing!! I'm obsessed with the mask tingle/burn- makes me feel like it's actually doing something... Lol!!

Mine just made it to my town, so it should be delivered sometime today. FINALLY. Ha!

Hope you get yours soon too. The pumpkin mask is what I'm looking the most forward to.

I thought this was a great box. My last couple of boxes from Glossybox have been kind of duds, but this one restored my faith. Loved the nail polish color and the sizes of all the samples were generous. Hope they keep up this trend!

So this was my first GB ever (bought with LS), and it was waiting for me when I returned from Christmas visits.

I'll say the sizes were great, but that's what I expected given the subscription fee!

I got the hand cream variation and I have a HUGE gripe:  if you get this combo, you get two very, VERY heavily scented rose products.  Sniffing the anatomicals body wash immediately overwhelmed me, as did the hand cream.  I use rose water as a mid-day face spritz, and the scent is lovely.  These were both so over powering! It's a bummer, as I think enough people don't love smelling like a rose garden that it was a weird decision to place two similarly scented products in a box.

I'm also confused why they would give out the MT pumpkin mask to everyone, as it is SPECIFICALLY not for use on sensitive skin, which is not such a unique characteristic.  For a chunk of subscribers, one of 5 products you can't even sample.  

The nail polish is awesome.  I thought the color was similar to other polishes, but it's such a great, juicy ruby!

Overall, the products didn't bowl me over.  The variety was minimal, and I can't say I'm yet wowed to extend my subscription beyond the three month LS deal....

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also confused why they would give out the MT pumpkin mask to everyone, as it is SPECIFICALLY not for use on sensitive skin, which is not such a unique characteristic.  For a chunk of subscribers, one of 5 products you can't even sample.  

I was surprised (and thankful) when I saw this warning, as it's pretty rare to find a product marked as not for sensitive skin. I have crazy sensitive skin, and did a little patch test, and it definitely burned in an area where my skin was scratched (unsurprisingly), but seemed OK overall, so I'm going to try a slightly larger patch test on my face and see how it goes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was surprised (and thankful) when I saw this warning, as it's pretty rare to find a product marked as not for sensitive skin. I have crazy sensitive skin, and did a little patch test, and it definitely burned in an area where my skin was scratched (unsurprisingly), but seemed OK overall, so I'm going to try a slightly larger patch test on my face and see how it goes. 

Expect that the mask will burn for a couple of minutes, even on non sensitive skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's the enzymes...but it stops and it really does leave my fairly sensitive skin feeling nice and smooth. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my box. I was about to agree with the posts that said the anatomicals shower gel smelled very strongly--until I noticed mine had leaked all over the box. No wonder I could smell it from outside the package! 

I've emailed GlossyBox and am waiting for a reply. I love the rest of the box, I hope I don't have to return the whole thing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my box and despite not liking floral scents, actually really Like the hand cream and shower gel. Smells nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my box. I was about to agree with the posts that said the anatomicals shower gel smelled very strongly--until I noticed mine had leaked all over the box. No wonder I could smell it from outside the package! 

I've emailed GlossyBox and am waiting for a reply. I love the rest of the box, I hope I don't have to return the whole thing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll never have to return a box. They'll just send you a replacement of whatever is messed up, or sometimes a whole box.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my box and despite not liking floral scents, actually really Like the hand cream and shower gel. Smells nice!
I hoarde hand creams and ended up tossing this one into the makeup bag in my purse, I'm loving it! It smells lovely and my hands are already feeling softer! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'll never have to return a box. They'll just send you a replacement of whatever is messed up, or sometimes a whole box.
That's awesome! I've had a product leak in a Birchbox previously and I've had to return the entire thing. Thanks for the info. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my box. I was about to agree with the posts that said the anatomicals shower gel smelled very strongly--until I noticed mine had leaked all over the box. No wonder I could smell it from outside the package!  I've emailed GlossyBox and am waiting for a reply. I love the rest of the box, I hope I don't have to return the whole thing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Same thing happened to me! Emailed them last week and since they sold out of the Dec box, they can't replace it. They provided me 1,000 points in return, enough for a new glossy box apparently. So once my sub is up I'll be able to get one more box!

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same thing happened to me! Emailed them last week and since they sold out of the Dec box, they can't replace it. They provided me 1,000 points in return, enough for a new glossy box apparently. So once my sub is up I'll be able to get one more box!
Wow, that's awesome customer service! My sub ends in February, so if I'm as lucky as yourself maybe I'll save mine for one of the summer boxes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, that's awesome customer service! My sub ends in February, so if I'm as lucky as yourself maybe I'll save mine for one of the summer boxes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was impressed with the service as well. Good luck with yours, and that's a great idea about saving them for a summer box!

I got my box today and the weight really surprised me. That body wash is really big. I just wish it was not rose scented and then rose scented hand cream! Excited to try the mask. I did like the scrub I got from Ipsy. I could use a moisturizing mask at this time of the year. It smells like pumpkin pie to me. I think I like that Naobay cream it smells nice and absorbs quickly. It is more than half of a full size. It does not seem to be available in the US if I like it though. The Nails Inc color I like! It looks like you can year it as a sheer pinky red and build up for a deeper color. The three products I did like ended up making up for the two rose items. If next month is this good I might get rid of Ipsy and just do Glossy Box and Birchbox after the 3rd month.

GB got back to me after one day, which was awesome. They said they'll be sending me a replacement item (they didn't say the Anatomicals shower gel specifically) which will hopefully be here soon. I know they've had problems with customer service in the past, but I think it went smoothly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Expect that the mask will burn for a couple of minutes, even on non sensitive skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's the enzymes...but it stops and it really does leave my fairly sensitive skin feeling nice and smooth. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wow, you're totally right. I didn't notice the burning on my arm or immediately after putting it on my face, but sure enough it burns like a mofo after a couple minutes. I didn't leave it on for the full 5-10 minutes (has anyone?). But all that being said, my skin looks and feels great this morning, and it didn't cause me to have an allergic reaction or anything. I don't think I would try immediately following this mask with a retinol cream or anything.

Latest posts

Back