Glossybox December 2013 *Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Expect that the mask will burn for a couple of minutes, even on non sensitive skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's the enzymes...but it stops and it really does leave my fairly sensitive skin feeling nice and smooth. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wow, you're totally right. I didn't notice the burning on my arm or immediately after putting it on my face, but sure enough it burns like a mofo after a couple minutes. I didn't leave it on for the full 5-10 minutes (has anyone?). But all that being said, my skin looks and feels great this morning, and it didn't cause me to have an allergic reaction or anything. I don't think I would try immediately following this mask with a retinol cream or anything.

I leave it on for 10 minutes! It only burns for a minute or two, and I find the burning less intense after I've used it a few times. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe the more dead skin you have on there for it to "eat" the more intense the burn?

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my box and despite not liking floral scents, actually really Like the hand cream and shower gel. Smells nice!

Agree! I can't stand floral and i really liked the shower gel.

To me, it just smells like plain pumpkin. NOT pie, as there is no spice scent, but if you open a can of plain pumpkin and sniff, it smells just like the mask. Definitely not like rotten pumpkin, as rotten pumpkin is a god awful stench I got to experience after we left a jack o lantern inside and went on a trip a few years ago, haha.
I just tried it for a second time and I smell pumpkin pie. Allspice, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon are included in the list of ingredients. I believe those ingredients could create a " spice scent"

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To me, it just smells like plain pumpkin. NOT pie, as there is no spice scent, but if you open a can of plain pumpkin and sniff, it smells just like the mask. Definitely not like rotten pumpkin, as rotten pumpkin is a god awful stench I got to experience after we left a jack o lantern inside and went on a trip a few years ago, haha.
I just tried it for a second time and I smell pumpkin pie. Allspice, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon are included in the list of ingredients. I believe those ingredients could create a " spice scent"

Noses are different, and mine only smells the pumpkin (which is still nice, to me)...but the Mychelle (my chell? something like that)  pumpkin peel DOES smell like pie to me and I wanted to eat it!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Noses are different, and mine only smells the pumpkin (which is still nice, to me)...but the Mychelle (my chell? something like that)  pumpkin peel DOES smell like pie to me and I wanted to eat it!

I better not try that one then :) lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It really is nice, if you can av oid eating your own face...

lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It really is nice, if you can av oid eating your own face...
quote name="yousoldtheworld" url="/t/139507/glossybox-december-2013-spoilers/240#post_2252431"]lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It really is nice, if you can av oid eating your own face... quote name="yousoldtheworld" url="/t/139507/glossybox-december-2013-spoilers/240#post_2252431"]lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It really is nice, if you can av oid eating your own face... Um... yeah... I'm pretty sure I can manage that. I have so many tubes of this pumpkin mask, I won't need any more ever.

I feel that I either I got a bad bottle or did something wrong because I didn't feel anything when using the Michael Todd mask...

Did anyone else receive a hand creme that looks used? Is that how it normally comes?
It looked to me like they got squished in transit. There were so heavy items in the box and those metal tubes get messed up easily

The pumpkin mask made my skin smoother, but I really don't like the scent. Anyone else bothered by the scent?

Can I just take a moment to say as well....that I LOOOOVE the floral body wash! I also dislike most floral scents but heavens...if I didn't know better, I could just close my eyes and SWEAR that there was a bouquet of roses and baby's breath in the shower with me. SO heavenly! Hahaha, my Hubby says that it's freaking him out because his allergies get so bad around flowers so every time he smells the wash he expects to start sneezing LOL!
laughno.gif

Got my box this week and oh I wish that the products were not rose scented. urgh... I really dislike that smell. Love roses but only to look at. LOL! I cannot use the pumpkin mask since my skin is super sensitive and for whatever reason I CANNOT get the nail polish open. I love the color though! Hopefully dh can open for me. I'm going to try the wash in the shower and hopefully it will change my mind. I don't really want this box to be a waste. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by MissSarahJo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   I WON THE GLOSSY BOX FRIDAY FAN GIVEAWAY!  Can not wait to get all those Michael Todd products!
Congrats!

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My cc number was stolen on Black Friday, the bank caught the transactions before they went through but I could not buy anything for almost a week and pretty much felt violated.
Sorry to hear that.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Can I just take a moment to say as well....that I LOOOOVE the floral body wash! I also dislike most floral scents but heavens...if I didn't know better, I could just close my eyes and SWEAR that there was a bouquet of roses and baby's breath in the shower with me. SO heavenly! Hahaha, my Hubby says that it's freaking him out because his allergies get so bad around flowers so every time he smells the wash he expects to start sneezing LOL!
laughno.gif

Ditto! I normally hate floral and I thought this was amazing. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kchan99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The pumpkin mask made my skin smoother, but I really don't like the scent. Anyone else bothered by the scent?
I just used it for the first time and I was really off-put by the smell. In the bottle it smells pumpkinish but once on my face I swear it smells like baby food. I don't have a kid though so maybe I made that up.

My replacement product arrived in the mail today! My original Anatomicals shower gel exploded all over my box, I contacted GB and they responded a day or two later. They sent me a new product, no questions asked. AND this one wasn't broken/leaking! Whoo! The overall process from my first email to the replacement Anatomicals reaching my door took just under a week. Pretty speedy in my opinion! I know a few people were questioning GB's customer service, they were awesome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My replacement product arrived in the mail today! My original Anatomicals shower gel exploded all over my box, I contacted GB and they responded a day or two later. They sent me a new product, no questions asked. AND this one wasn't broken/leaking! Whoo! The overall process from my first email to the replacement Anatomicals reaching my door took just under a week. Pretty speedy in my opinion! I know a few people were questioning GB's customer service, they were awesome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They've seriously stepped it up these past few months! Shipping out faster, speeding up their CS and getting on the ball. Hopefully they keep it up, because when they're good, they're goooooooood!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They've seriously stepped it up these past few months! Shipping out faster, speeding up their CS and getting on the ball. Hopefully they keep it up, because when they're good, they're goooooooood!
I'm very impressed going off of my personal experience. Honestly, awful cs puts a sour taste in my mouth. I'm always most likely to subsribe and stay with a company that strives to interact and help their customers. Even simple things such as a quick response to a question make a huge difference.

Back