Glossybox December 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave the Bellapierre lipstick to my mom as part of her Xmas gift. I've got too many bright lipsticks that I'll never wear, and thought that she would get more use out of it.

She liked it!

My box arrived today. I absolutely love the face mask, and I got the glitter polish in silver. This is one of my favourite glossyboxes, which makes me sad because it's my last one, at least for a long while. Next year I'm not getting any beauty subs until I use up my stash... at least, that's the plan. 

I got mine today.  My nail polish was (large) silver sparkles.  Surprisingly, when I went to put it on my nail polish rack, I didn't have anything quite like it.  So that's good!

I like the lipstick shade, but I will wear pretty much whatever lipstick, I have neutral undertones so I can get away with either cool or warm shades, and the brighter, the better.

This box was a hit for me too. I liked every single item except the nail polish (not a fan of glitter polish) but the rest was awesome. I really love the leave in Conditioner and Nuxe mask. The hand scrub is amazing! Surprisingly the lipstick looks much better on than in the tube, it actually works for me and I don't have any other color like it. I'm going to try to take a break in January unless they have an amazing spoiler. I need to work on my stash that is building up since Black Friday.

This box was a hit for me too. I liked every single item except the nail polish (not a fan of glitter polish) but the rest was awesome. I really love the leave in Conditioner and Nuxe mask. The hand scrub is amazing! Surprisingly the lipstick looks much better on than in the tube, it actually works for me and I don't have any other color like it. I'm going to try to take a break in January unless they have an amazing spoiler. I need to work on my stash that is building up since Black Friday.
If you think this hand scrub is amazing, then try Juleps.  We are talking a night and day difference.   Never used any other hand specific scrubs before Juleps, so there are likely tons of other good ones out there  The one in the glossy box didn't have enough scrub to it. And it leaves an annoying coating on your hands, which later leaves your hands very dry.. But I was excited to try it, since you never know when you will find a product that is Da Bomb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, not sure where to put this post as there is not an FAQ thread for Glossybox.  But do Glossydots expire?  I will shortly have enough for a free box.  I have an annual subscription that is ending in March.  But I am doing the 100 day no buy challenge (from the "no buy" subforum).  And I really do need to cut down on the number of subs I have, simply because beauty products are threatening to run me out of house and home (well, and for financial reasons, too).  So I am going to cancel before I get charged again.  But say my finances improve later in the year, and I start to use up some of my enormous stash, or I cancel a bunch of other subs, and I want to resubscribe.  Will my Glossydots still be there for me?

No the points do not expire, but you have to have an active subscription to redeem them.

No the points do not expire, but you have to have an active subscription to redeem them.
Thanks.  I'll see how my 100 day "no buy" goes.  If, after that time, I have managed to cut way back on subs, I may resubscribe month-to-month and use the points then.  Of all the boxes I get, I am most likely to use the beauty items from GB.  Maybe I ought to take that as a sign and consider canceling something else instead.

I got home from vacation yesterday and my box was waiting for me, but tracking never updated that it arrived. 

Oh well, glitter polish, meh I hate glitter polish. I want to like it, but the time it takes to get off annoys me.  Mine was black and silver, called humbug (heh).

My lipstick was in Burlesque which appears really bright for me. I think I'll be swapping these items, the rest of the box is ok.

To be honest, the last three Glossyboxes I have absolutely hated, so to get a box that was mildly good was super exciting. I tried the mask (which is such a nice size!) and it does seem moisturizing but above all, I'm loving its aromatherapy properties. It made me feel like so relaxed and like I was at a spa getting a facial and nurturing my skin. I got the silver and black glitter nail polish (meh!) and I have no clue how to wear it. I hate it so much. Not sure why anyone would need a hand scrub and I don't think the Toni&Guy LeaveIn is going to make much of a moisturizing difference on highly kinky Black hair, but we will see. I agree with everyone who says the lipstick looks and feels cheap, but at least its a flattering color on all skin types. Glossybox has such a horrid reputation of catering to only fair skinned individuals.

Back