Glossybox December 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Glossybox came today! I got the nail polish in blue, Yule Rules but everything else is the same. The hand scrub will be great with winter weather. Excited for the mask, I read 2 sets of directions to understand how to use it, I couldn't find the english and was too lazy to take the box apart and it turned out to be the ones on the back. I thought the Portuguese was Spanish and then read Spanish and finally English. The leave in conditioner says walnut sized amount, that scares me, I think my hair would look like a grease ball. The Bella Pierre lipstick tube feels really cheap for a $20 lipstick! I don't think I would wear that color anyways.
Oh I have a bunch of that mask.  What you do is apply it a little generously, let it sit a minute, then rub it in, and wear overnight.  

I will sometimes use that and similar low performing products on my Rentin A nights.  I put it on first then the retin A.   It is not too great of a product in the anti aging department for say, 50 year old skin.  Thus why I like to use it on my arms more than anything,

You know a smaller tube that I got from a box is near the end and has separated.  Maybe shake it before use?   Dunno...

Blue sounds nice!  I ain't counting on it though and am buying my new years blue later today.  Sounds like we may be getting a bunch of colors.  

And I am looking forward to the hand scrub.  I have one from Julep and actually like it.  And there wasn't a whole lot that I liked from Julep. Their polishes chip and their mask and foot cream are too oily.  One polish ran like water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came today too!  I love the box.  So, much nice detail in the packaging. 

The hand scrub excites me the most as I have nothing like it.  

I love to try new masks. I don't have the best luck with leave on masks.  They just feel too heavy to be left on.  But, I will give it a try and maybe take it off after leaving it on for awhile.  Fun to play.

I got the gold/sparkly nail polish which is an awesome stuffer for my daughter. 

I love bellapierre @@wadedl but, yes their packaging comes off cheap.  Sadly, I don't think its a color for me either.  I can't pull off any ole color because I don't have youthful lips.  A few little lines around them makes me not want to draw attention to them in a shocking way. 

I use WEN so, I won't keep the conditioner.  I am scrambling to make some hostess and potential stop over guest gifts.  So, collecting the nice things for that.

I am so confused. I placed an order for an annual subscription on November 17 and I have yet to see a single box. Apparently I was supposed to get a November box and it has just been sitting in the "Pack" phase all this time. My December box is in packing too. Plus I'm suposed to get a Holiday box and I don't even see any confirmation of that order in my account. I just realized today that I was supposed to get a November box when I got the email to review the items and I checked my account. I can't believe I've been patiently waiting like an idiot.

I sent an email and haven't heard anything. And GlossyBox hasn't been answering their phones ALL DAY. GlossyBox has $220 of my money and I have NOTHING. I took a break from GlossyBox for almost a year and I just resubscribed and they've already made me angry. Sorry, needed somewhere to vent.

I am so confused. I placed an order for an annual subscription on November 17 and I have yet to see a single box. Apparently I was supposed to get a November box and it has just been sitting in the "Pack" phase all this time. My December box is in packing too. Plus I'm suposed to get a Holiday box and I don't even see any confirmation of that order in my account. I just realized today that I was supposed to get a November box when I got the email to review the items and I checked my account. I can't believe I've been patiently waiting like an idiot.

I sent an email and haven't heard anything. And GlossyBox hasn't been answering their phones ALL DAY. GlossyBox has $220 of my money and I have NOTHING. I took a break from GlossyBox for almost a year and I just resubscribed and they've already made me angry. Sorry, needed somewhere to vent.
You have been a bit too patient.  I ordered Dec 7th and mine has shipped already.  Yeah, I would be p/o also.  Sounds to me like old customers are getting crapped on and new ones get the white glove treatment.  Hmmm...  Could your Nov box be back-ordered and tying up everything else?

Try sending them a PM via Facebook. I was missing a box before and tried this and they got right back to me... and then my box promptly shipped.

Thanks for the tip. I messaged them on facebook and also slammed them with comments and tweeted at them. Let the smear campaign commence! It might be childish but I'm mad and I have no way of getting their attention if they won't even answer the phone.

@@IndeliKate I subscribed on Black Friday and barely received a shipping confirmation today. I sent 2 FB messages, which they responded to within 48 hrs. According to the CS rep, my Nov and holiday boxes will ship together.

My December box arrived this week.

Good luck getting your stuff!

My December box shipped today.  About average for GB shipping to me, timing-wise.  I'm canceling when my sub is up (early spring) for financial reasons and because my stash of beauty products is expanding at an alarming rate and I need to use some stuff up before I get more.  But, I don't have any real complaints.

Received my box today and am surprised by how large everything is. I used the polish today over a deep burgundy and it looks very festive.

Thanks for the tip. I messaged them on facebook and also slammed them with comments and tweeted at them. Let the smear campaign commence! It might be childish but I'm mad and I have no way of getting their attention if they won't even answer the phone.
This might make me seem like a nutter, but I've sent 3 emails in a row a few times a week.  

I just go back to my history, pull up email and hit 'send'.  I hounded them until they uncled.  Figured, rather then sitting there and stewing in my 'miffedness juice', I'd just get rid of the negative energy by pounding on the 'send' function, it's good therapy and instantly makes me feel better... :blush:

Received my box today and am surprised by how large everything is. I used the polish today over a deep burgundy and it looks very festive.
Did you get the gold and layered over burgundy?  I was thinking of doing that over oxblood!  I've got 2 coats of it on right now, but it cheaps chips sooooooo easily.

@@FormosaHoney yes burgundy base with the gold and red glitter. I never use to be able to do regular polish because I'd chip it immediately, but I've been using Seche top coat and base with a variety of different polishes and my manicures are lasting over a week. I highly recommend it.

I've been using Seche top coat and base
I never tried their base coat but I LOVE their top coat.  It's the only nail polish product I've ever used more than half a bottle of and subsequently repurchased (there was a period of time when I wasn't doing my nails and it got a little goopy from being kind of old).

I don't care if I get turquoise glitter in my GB, though (although I have a lovely turquoise glitter from Butter London from one of the Sample Society past boxes I got in on earlier in the summer).  I'll take whatever.  And I'll totally wear bright pink lipstick.  To work.

I really like the scrub in this box.  No hand cream necessary after use.  This is perfect for this time of year.

I am using the face mask at night.  I am putting on just enough to leave on.  I have no idea why my skin screams for moisturizer but, is prone to clogging at the same time.  It was acne into my 30's and now this dilemma.  Then wrinkles of course.   So far I see no reactions to this and its pretty light weight and not greasy.  

The Bellapierre is not a total bust for color like I thought at first glance.  I love their formula.  If I use some nude gloss (thank you @sarap) I can tone it down and make it doable for me.

This was a great box. 

Got my box today!  It is wonderful!  And I got the turquoise polish!  Yipee!!!  Although I could never pull off dark lipstick, so just that one item was a bust.  Everything else is so very nice and a very good value!  

This might make me seem like a nutter, but I've sent 3 emails in a row a few times a week.  

I just go back to my history, pull up email and hit 'send'.  I hounded them until they uncled.  Figured, rather then sitting there and stewing in my 'miffedness juice', I'd just get rid of the negative energy by pounding on the 'send' function, it's good therapy and instantly makes me feel better... :blush:

Hey there, just a tip, when you resend them the same message or any message from your email address, if they already have one in their inbox, it gets pushed to the bottom since it appears as a "new message"

Back