Glossybox December 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my....I love that the coupon ended up as 50% off plus ebates - at that price the holiday box will make a BRILLIANT gift...doing it now!

I'm sitting on my thumbs trying to avoid this LE box. I broke up with GlossyBox, but I'm always a sucker for a good deal. What's totally irrational is the fact that I don't love a single thing in the box. I just want the good deal! Hoarder issues.
I was doing well at avoiding this one when it was $40.  (I do love red nailpolish and lipstick, but have a lot of both.)  But at $20, I couldn't help myself.  I just put the box in my cart and put the code in to see (before I realized it was a 50% code) and I was like, I have to get this after I saw what a good deal it was.  (Otherwise I've been pretty good today.  Got 3 Zoya polishes for $20 and got the Coastal Scents Revealed and Revealed 2 palettes for $10 each + shipping.  And the GB holiday LE.  But I need to stay off the computer tomorrow...)

Ok this is the day I have been waiting for.  Now the 6 months at Rulala is $89.  But in about a half an hour ebates is giving double cashback.  So the 20% off at GB themselves  leaves the cost at $92.  Double cashback would be $5.50 and the final price would be $86.5.

So, this leaves two similar options. 

@@dancersmum I can't pull the trigger with only 20% off a yearly...that makes the box $16.80. The LaLaRue deal makes them $14.41. I'm spoiled with my $12 boxes. 

@ I wasn't going to get this LE box but for $17.25 ...now I want it. Hoarder issues, check.

The Rue La La special is allowing me to wait for the December box.  Do you have to get the November box with the 20%?  That may be something to consider.

I am bummed about the discounted holiday box.  I paid $40.

The Rue La La special is allowing me to wait for the December box.  Do you have to get the November box with the 20%?  That may be something to consider.

I am bummed about the discounted holiday box.  I paid $40.
Thank you, went with the Rulala just now.  Didn't want the Nov box.

Sorry about the holiday box, that bites...

Last edited by a moderator:
@@dancersmum I can't pull the trigger with only 20% off a yearly...that makes the box $16.80. The LaLaRue deal makes them $14.41. I'm spoiled with my $12 boxes. 

@ I wasn't going to get this LE box but for $17.25 ...now I want it. Hoarder issues, check.
Double cash back at midnight from ebates MIGHT make me pull the trigger.  Especially since Ulta has me in a time-out!!  C'mon -- I have $138 worth of credit at Ulta!!  LET ME SHOP!!

Double cash back at midnight from ebates MIGHT make me pull the trigger.  Especially since Ulta has me in a time-out!!  C'mon -- I have $138 worth of credit at Ulta!!  LET ME SHOP!!
Just  got a box of 3 minis of the Le Couvent Des Minimes hand creams from the Dermstore recently.  The Honey & Shea Nourishing Hand Cream is the best hand cream I have ever tried.  It is on sale now at Ulta for $11.25 for the large tube.

Loccitane hand creams are trash compared to this.  Just tried them and am clueless as to all the rage over these.

Just  got a box of 3 minis of the Le Couvent Des Minimes hand creams from the Dermstore recently.  The Honey & Shea Nourishing Hand Cream is the best hand cream I have ever tried.  It is on sale now at Ulta for $11.25 for the large tube.

Loccitane hand creams are trash compared to this.  Just tried them and am clueless as to all the rage over these.
I went on Le Couvent overload when I worked at BBW.  I still have something like 4 of their holiday candles in the orange scent.  I think the texture of the Le Couvent hand creams is what I didn't like.  L'Occitane's Zesty Lime makes my world go 'round at the moment.  I have a few LCdM hand creams in my Ulta cart --- if I'm ever allowed to access my points!  I'll definitely give them another try!

I went on Le Couvent overload when I worked at BBW.  I still have something like 4 of their holiday candles in the orange scent.  I think the texture of the Le Couvent hand creams is what I didn't like.  L'Occitane's Zesty Lime makes my world go 'round at the moment.  I have a few LCdM hand creams in my Ulta cart --- if I'm ever allowed to access my points!  I'll definitely give them another try!
All the LCD hand creams have a different texture.  The honey one made my 51 year old hands look young again when worn over night without washing.  I wash my hands at least 20 times a day minimum since I work in the medical profession.  

Anyways, perhaps the L'occitanes creams are all different also.  I just tried the cherry blossom and it made my hands look older.  Perhaps I will give the lime a spin some day after my massive holiday stash is exhausted.

All the LCD hand creams have a different texture.  The honey one made my 51 year old hands look young again when worn over night without washing.  I wash my hands at least 20 times a day minimum since I work in the medical profession.  

Anyways, perhaps the L'occitanes creams are all different also.  I just tried the cherry blossom and it made my hands look older.  Perhaps I will give the lime a spin some day after my massive holiday stash is exhausted.
Awesome to know!!  I remember thinking the honey was sticky (mind over matter?), but it has been awhile.

I'm a crazy hand washer in general (teaching, sick mom, 4 dogs, etc.), so I have hand cream EVERYWHERE!  And multiples in some spots, lol.  I'm trying to remember to use one with SPF when I'm going to be outside.  My hands have aged quite a bit lately after years of lifeguarding in my youth, tending bar in direct sunlight on a party deck and just being outside in general.  

I have thyroid problems (mostly controlled w/ meds), but one of the first things I notice when my dose is off is the fact that my hands and feet get bone dry.  (My brows and lashes also fall out, but that's not what I notice first -- just my skin.)

Sorry Glossyboxers -- way OT here!

not sure if I am reading this right but I think I can wait until Feb to use ruelala for 6 months as I have Dec & jan boxes coming via points.   

Anyone think differently? still thinking about it...I know I paid less last year!  And I pulled the trigger on a 6 month sub on popsugar so maybe I should hold off.

I'm worried that I got an email from Glossybox this morning that says the THANKS promo code is for 20% off. I don't think they realize it's taking $20 off. I hope they don't hold my box hostage for the difference. The $20 is a great deal if you're getting one box, but not so great if you're looking for a year long subscription.

Oh, and I went through ebates too, but I don't think it works if we already have a Glossybox subscription. There's nothing showing in my pending cash back for ebates.

I just tried using the THANKS code again. They fixed the issue, it's only taking 20% off now.
I was kind of wondering if the $20 off was only good for yesterday, and now the code is for 20%?

I just went into my account and it's still showing I only got charged $20 for the holiday box.

Maybe, but I used the code because I'd read on some blogs that is was for 20%, that's why I was pleasantly surprised that it deducted $20. But it could have been for $20 on Thanksgiving and 20% after. I don't know, I'll just consider myself lucky that I got it for $20. Of course, not that I actually need more products....

Back