Glossybox February 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that did not recieve the little lip pot.... It's cute and all, but the ingredients leave a Baaaad taste on your lips, bitter, blah.....worst affect from a lip product I've ever had.
I thought the same thing. First it felt really moisturizing but not wild about the after taste

The booby prize box with the broken blush comes to $45.37. Far under the minimum advertised value of $60 And way further less than the box the bloggers and most others got. worth $72. We are looking at nearly half the value!

The Juice Beauty is a .5 oz sample size. It sells for $45 for 2 oz on their website. So the value of this was $11.25 The possibly broken and fingerprinted Kryolan blush was also a sample size and sells for $25 for three on their own website, and weighs 7.5g.. So this 2.5 g sample was worth $8.7. The full sized nail polish actually sells for $3.75 on the first site I checked,

So, the bloggers and everyone on their good list got 3 items worth $50 plus the Rituals and Hair stuff.

Those on their booby prize list got 3 items worth $23  plus the rituals and hair stuff.

The Booby prize list folks got 2 less full sized items and cheap polish. How can this possibly be fair?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to use the "OPRAH" coupon for 20% off an annual subscription...but I noticed that right now if you subscribe you get a "Classic" Glossybox.  Anyone ever get one of those?

I think the coupon is good until March 3rd so maybe I should wait until the 1st...

@@cpl100 an update on my correspondence with Glossybox CS:

He did provide me a usps tracking number for my mystery replacement item, but as of 7pm it could not be found on usps.com's tracking page.  I'll give that more time though, I know it can take awhile to update. As for the disparity in items and box designs, here's the non-answer-Answer I received: 

"We have multiple box versions depending on product colors/selections. For instance, one month you could be sent a version 1 and the other month you could sent a version 5. For February, we had seven different editions and because we had limited supply of LOVE design boxes, we have been advertising that once we run out of LOVE design boxes, we will be shipping February products packaged inside the regular pink box. Unfortunately, we did not guarantee that each customer will receive a specific box version of their choice as they are sent out randomly.

The box you received that contains Juice Beauty Moisturizer is not a Classic Box. It is actually one of the February box versions that we curated for new customers but it looks like it was sent to you who has already been a subscriber for few months. Since we know that you have already received this product before, we are sending out a replacement to make up for the repeat product."

hmmm....I don't recall ever seeing them advertise that they would revert to regular boxes for February after "running out" of LOVE boxes. And if what I received was meant for new subscribers, well, then that's a shit-tastic sales strategy - get all the new subscribers based on the awesome blog reviews and unboxings and then send whatever leftover products they had hanging around....

It's been real Glossy, but I think the time for us to part ways is appraoching...I guess I missed the March cancellation date, but unless the March box I get is a Ultra-Super-Holo-Amazing Box of Hope and Wonder, I'm done.  :wassatt:  

So I have one month left of my years sub (March) and recently canceled so it doesn't renew. Ive been anticipating a code coming out, and whaaaa la! out it came. But I really have very little good feeling incentive to sub up again. I did get one of the "good boxes" this month but this whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, I am angry for all of you that did not recieve the same or simularly valued boxes. I have sympathy for those newbie subscriber's that bought a box expecting the spoiler picture box, and recievied a regular plain box filled with leftovers. Mostly likely just do a monthly sub for April and contact CS to use up my dots.

My last month of my sub is March, too.  I'm so weirded out by the box versions, though.  There was really no indication that this would be a "thing".

They did say that there was a limited number of the LOVE specially printed boxes but in no way indicated that the products inside would be changing once they ran out of them.  Although I guess even those who got the special LOVE box got variations, too, so who knows.

I really hope they change the verbiage on their site to specify that boxes will have variations.  And they really need to do away with the "Classic" box.  It's a bad move.  Plus, who wants to resub after a few months knowing they'd receive a box of stuff they have have already gotten?! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is the reply I received.:

"We apologize that you received a repeat product! We will send out a different February product to you as a replacement as soon as we can! You should not receive any repeat products in future. We hope this helps."

Well, ok....maybe. But "as soon as we can" is pretty non-committal. And I "should not" have received the crappy repeats this month, either.

Sigh. I love how he TOTALLY IGNORED my second paragraph however- about getting a plain pink box and not the designated February box.

There was a prissy little automated message at the top of the CS response informing me that my "request has been deemed resolved."

Guess I got told.
I think you should call them Monday. You can find their number on website. You shouldn't have gotten that lackluster box (it wasn't even the LOVE box) with repeat products, especially when your subscription automatically rewnews. You gotta hold these capitalist companies accountable. They are making a killing off of us so don't feel bad.

If I were you, I would confirm what product they are supposedly already sending you and if its not one of the ones advertised in the LOVE box, I would demand to be sent a placement for the Juice Beauty as well as the other two products you listed. As a renewing customer that's what you expected to receive since its been that way since you've subscribed and based on how long you've been subscribed they should have ensured that there were enough LOVE boxes for all current monthly-automatically renewing customers or those subscribed before a certain date (which you clearly were). 

Does anyone know how the free Glossybox work? I have enough points for a free one but they charged my card for this month's box. Do I need to email or call them to make sure they don't charge my card for March and use my points instead?

Does anyone know how the free Glossybox work? I have enough points for a free one but they charged my card for this month's box. Do I need to email or call them to make sure they don't charge my card for March and use my points instead?
you need to redeem your points.  Click the button.  Then you won't be charged for your next box.

My last month of my sub is March, too.  I'm so weirded out by the box versions, though.  There was really no indication that this would be a "thing".

They did say that there was a limited number of the LOVE specially printed boxes but in no way indicated that the products inside would be changing once they ran out of them.  Although I guess even those who got the special LOVE box got variations, too, so who knows.

I really hope they change the verbiage on their site to specify that boxes will have variations.  And they really need to do away with the "Classic" box.  It's a bad move.  Plus, who wants to resub after a few months knowing they'd receive a box of stuff they have have already gotten?! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They didn't run out.  I had a resend since my first box got lost.  I got everything but the mascara and also got a $65 eye serum from a previous special box.  But it did come in the usual pink box.  My box that was sent 2 weeks earlier was supposed to have been the booby prize box.  (This is what was listed under my surveys.)

They didn't run out.  I had a resend since my first box got lost.  I got everything but the mascara and also got a $65 eye serum from a previous special box.  But it did come in the usual pink box.  My box that was sent 2 weeks earlier was supposed to have been the booby prize box.  (This is what was listed under my surveys.)
Oh, I wasn't clear.  I meant when they ran out of the special Love box itself, not the contents.  Sounds like your box turned out pretty well even though it was sent later which is wonderful.

At least the good/orginal/advertised contents weren't limited to showing up in only the Love Box design so subscribers getting the regular pink box still had a chance to get the fun February products.  Now I wonder if anyone with the specially designed Love Box got some of the older products in them...  Not that it matters at this point but I am curious :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, so it's a Saturday night, and I'm livin' it up by searching for subscription box spoilers! YOLO, amiright?!?

um, so anyway, not much about March 2015 Glossybox, but there is this one youtube video posted today. The reviewer is Canadian, and as far as I know the North American Glossyboxes are one outfit....

I don't know how reliable this is, and it kinda seems that Glossy has outsourced their packing to a team of ADHD afflicted lemurs. 

@@Krystyn Lowe I kinda thought that too. -_-

I find unboxing videos are mostly pretty tedious to watch. It's rare that one isn't underscored by some uncomfortable tension between self-consciousness and self-absorption. I think it really takes an exceptionally charismatic personality to make them more than 7 uninspired minutes of "oh look, a box of stuff that was sent to me. ::eek:pens box:: Oh, this is nice. Oh, this is nice. Oh, this is very nice. Oh, this is nice..."

Statler and Waldorf.jpg

Did anyone else catch how she mentions that she doesn't even sub to glossybox and she was sent this box for free?? How do these randoms get free boxes to try before anyone else lol and if this is the box then I'm feeling pretty meh about it

Sending boxes to bloggers (whether they're subscribed or not) isn't a new concept. I think we've seen this a lot recently. Popsugar does it as well. Probably to build hype for the box and to try to reach a new audience of subscribers who may not get the box.

Anyway, I like this box, I don't seem to get a ton of brow and concealer products in my boxes and I love lip balm/creamy blush combo products.

Back