Glossybox February 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still debating about complaining to Glossybox. On their website it says the box will be worth more than 60.00. Those of us that got the box with the Teadora, the value of the box is definitely not over 60.00. I was wondering if anyone had called Glossybox about it. Any of you who complained on facebook get a reply?
I am debating about the complaining about the soap, too.  I wouldn't mind the variations so much if the value was all the same or close.  Also, to say that it's because of our profile is not true because I have listed that I do not wear polish and I got the polish.  

So I was one of the :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> subscribers that got 3 past products in this month's box (Bodyography nail polish, Kryolan blusher, and Juice Beauty moisturizer). Since I already received the moisturizer from glossybox before (the other two were new for me but still made me upset to get old products), I emailed CS on the 14th to let them know how :angry: I was with the repeat item. I got a prompt reply from CS apologizing for the repeat product and they promised to send me a replacement product :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Well yesterday- lo and behold- I got my replacement item which turned out to be the Royal Apothic lip butter! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

So, glossybox, you have redeemed yourself a bit this month. Please go back to sending everyone the same items so there is no box envy...

This is what was in my box and all of them are usable for me so I'm happy. Not sure about the total value and if it's the advertised value but it's still worth the monthly charge for me. I think this is one of the better boxes I've got from them. I remember some of the previous ones being more blah.

I'm the most happy about the lipgloss because I've wanted to try this brand and the nude color is perfect. glossybox February.JPG

I got my box Friday!

I'm pretty pleased I got:

Unwash conditioner

Julep polish

Rituals shower gel

Teadora soap

Royal apothic lip butter - the packaging is so drinkin cute!

I'm trading the polish, it's cute but I hate trying to scrub glitter off my nails. And I gave my bf the bar soap. Getting the mascara or cleanser would have made the box more appealing but I still think this was a great glossybox.

I tried it yesterday.  I have super long, thin, straight and fine hair.  I have to say that I felt like I had to use half the bottle because there is literally no lather.  I know some people prefer that but I *need* mine to lather because my hair is so long or I feel like it's not getting clean.

My hair today is glorious.  So glorious.  Soft, silky, unbelievably manageable.  No flyaways (WTF, my hair is ALWAYS flying away!!!) at ALL!  All that I put in it was the Unwash in the shower and some Birchbox Beauty Protector when I got out to help detangle.

So while I was sad at first that I had to use so much just to get it through my hair, I am thinking I need more.  My hair hasn't been this soft and perfect for a long time.
 I used mine today without any additional in-shower products and was pretty impressed. I am familiar with the lack of lather, so it didn't seem like it took an excessive amount, and my hair is ahh-mazing now. Soft, shiny, little to no frizz, nice curl definition. I will give it a couple days and another trial before I order a big bottle,(sometimes it takes a couple of exposures for my body to decide to react to a product)  but it is par for the course that I would find a HG for my hair immediately after buying big bottles of what I had been using on sale, lol

Not too sure how I feel about the rituals shower gel, it leaves such a residue, and my skin didn't have the best reaction to this. It reminds me of My husbands shaving cream...and kind of has a gender neutral scent. Probably will end up using it for shaving my legs or giving it to the Hubby for shaving gel.

I used mine today without any additional in-shower products and was pretty impressed. I am familiar with the lack of lather, so it didn't seem like it took an excessive amount, and my hair is ahh-mazing now. Soft, shiny, little to no frizz, nice curl definition. I will give it a couple days and another trial before I order a big bottle,(sometimes it takes a couple of exposures for my body to decide to react to a product)  but it is par for the course that I would find a HG for my hair immediately after buying big bottles of what I had been using on sale, lol
I tried it this morning and first I felt like I wanted to rewash my hair. I know no lather is suppose to be better but I like lather, otherwise I don't feel like my hair is getting cleaned. My ends felt dry and I felt like I needed a conditioner but didn't end up using one because I was out of time. I stuck my hair on a pony tail to wait for it to dry naturally. When my hair was dry, I couldn't believe how smooth, healthy and bouncy it looked. It looked thicker too. This is without any products being added after washing. I'm also going to give it another try to see if the results are the same next time before I order. I have to say that I'm really impressed though. Wasn't expecting this result at all. 

I tried it this morning and first I felt like I wanted to rewash my hair. I know no lather is suppose to be better but I like lather, otherwise I don't feel like my hair is getting cleaned. My ends felt dry and I felt like I needed a conditioner but didn't end up using one because I was out of time. I stuck my hair on a pony tail to wait for it to dry naturally. When my hair was dry, I couldn't believe how smooth, healthy and bouncy it looked. It looked thicker too. This is without any products being added after washing. I'm also going to give it another try to see if the results are the same next time before I order. I have to say that I'm really impressed though. Wasn't expecting this result at all.
I have been so hesitant to try this stuff but you all are making me want to go wash my hair with this stuff stat lol

Not too sure how I feel about the rituals shower gel, it leaves such a residue, and my skin didn't have the best reaction to this. It reminds me of My husbands shaving cream...and kind of has a gender neutral scent. Probably will end up using it for shaving my legs or giving it to the Hubby for shaving gel.
Yeah, that has been the weirdest/most awkward product for me..it's as if it has a bit of an identity crisis. I've decided to save it for 'fancy date-night shave gel' since I just couldn't bring myself to slather what, by all appearances, is shave gel on as body wash. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been so hesitant to try this stuff but you all are making me want to go wash my hair with this stuff stat lol
I really like it. On the second day, I got a little more oil at the roots than I was happy with, so I won't entirely replace my regular hair stuffs, but a bit of excess oil at the crown actually a normal thing when switching over to ''no 'poo'', so I won't even blame the product for that...I suspect it would normalize out really fast in time.

For me, as someone with long, fragile, color-treated hair who doesn't wash it everyday, I can tell this will be the product I go to when I HAVE to wash my hair sooner than I'd like. (It used to be the now-discontinued Reincarnate Shampoo bar from Lush. It didn't lather much, either, and I'd only use it on the scalp/roots. That was much harsher than this stuff, though.)

I tried the shower gel this morning and that stuff is weirdddd lol I don't care for the scent and I felt like my skin was more dry than usual after using it. I'm not a fan of the shave gel consistentcy either

I decided to email GlossyBox regarding the disparity in value of the boxes (for those receiving soap vs. mascara or face product) and also because I'd read their claim that this is due to profile and it clearly was in contrast to my profile.  I received a very unsatisfactory email response that did not address the point about value at all.  Instead, this is a paragraph taken from the email:

Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that each customer will receive a specific box version of their choice as they are sent out randomly. For instance, one month you could be sent a box version 2 and the other month you could be sent a version 7. The beauty profile is taken in to account mostly for market research purposes and we reference from them to source latest and trendy beauty products.

The next paragraph more or less said 'too bad you are not happy but plenty of people like Teadora soap'.  Well, if we are sent random boxes, why do they claim the receipt of one box vs. another is based on profile.  AND, why is it that the bloggers never get sent the lower value or crap boxes?

Last edited by a moderator:
 So after using the unwash bio-cleansing conditioner again yesterday, I decided that this stuff might be approaching hg status for me (wavy and frizzy shoulder length, color-treated, and heat-styled hair). Decided I need to do more research and ordered a full size bottle from Amazon. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I decided to email GlossyBox regarding the disparity in value of the boxes (for those receiving soap vs. mascara or face product) and also because I'd read their claim that this is due to profile and it clearly was in contrast to my profile. I received a very unsatisfactory email response that did not address the point about value at all. Instead, this is a paragraph taken from the email:

Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that each customer will receive a specific box version of their choice as they are sent out randomly. For instance, one month you could be sent a box version 2 and the other month you could be sent a version 7. The beauty profile is taken in to account mostly for market research purposes and we reference from them to source latest and trendy beauty products.

The next paragraph more or less said 'too bad you are not happy but plenty of people like Teadora soap'. Well, if we are sent random boxes, why do they claim the receipt of one box vs. another is based on profile. AND, why is it that the bloggers never get sent the lower value or crap boxes?
I'm sure the soap is lovely (I gave mine to my sis who is a huge fan of bar soap), but the point isn't if we liked the soap or not. The point is that we received a $5 item while others got products worth $20 something dollars. If they are going to send out different boxes they should at least try to make the boxes close to the same value.

I'm sure the soap is lovely (I gave mine to my sis who is a huge fan of bar soap), but the point isn't if we liked the soap or not. The point is that we received a $5 item while others got products worth $20 something dollars. If they are going to send out different boxes they should at least try to make the boxes close to the same value.
Yes, that is my point exactly (and which I am still requesting they clarify).  Also, don't say the disparity between boxes is because of profile when it clearly is not.  And don't 'advertise' one box via all the bloggers and then send something of lesser value.  I noticed quite a few people (on various sites) stating they bought this box mainly because of the mascara.  (Thankfully, that was not my reason.)  All the bloggers got mascara so there was no reason to think it was not 'standard'.  I would have been even more peeved if that was the case.

I agree with both of you. With the soap my box doesn't add up to the more than 60.00 value that they advertise on their site that the box will be. Don't tell me I will get 60.00 and send me less. I know that they send some variations and I think it is pretty random what you will get, unless you are a blogger. It sounds like there is no point in contacting them. I have one more month on a 3 month subscription and I will see how it goes. I do like glossybox and usually use what they send. It is still a good value for what I paid.

I agree with both of you. With the soap my box doesn't add up to the more than 60.00 value that they advertise on their site that the box will be. Don't tell me I will get 60.00 and send me less. I know that they send some variations and I think it is pretty random what you will get, unless you are a blogger. It sounds like there is no point in contacting them. I have one more month on a 3 month subscription and I will see how it goes. I do like glossybox and usually use what they send. It is still a good value for what I paid.
I disagree that there is no point in contacting them.  If people do not voice their disappointment and their displeasure at being misled, why would they change in the future?  I think everyone who got the cheapo boxes should post on social media and send an email.

Back