Glossybox February 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am STILL waiting on my box. And as a fullPrice customer (autorenew) I will be furious if I get the cheaper item (s)

I would not do a yearly sub with this company, too many horror stories and it seems like once they hook you (3 month, 6 month, 1 year) the quality of shipping service, and now bxes goes down.

I am STILL waiting on my box. And as a fullPrice customer (autorenew) I will be furious if I get the cheaper item (s)
I'm hoping that they were waiting for a "refill" shipment on items and that it was recieved as our boxes were finally packed and shipped........ I'm already loaded up with a backstock of beauty products and have just subbed to Little Lace Box to get a touch of something different..... Here's hoping that Glossybox comes through and stocks our boxes appropriately..... diappointment and dissatified customers aren't one's that will stay for long.

Well as a full blown sub box addict this has been the one that I've been able to resist until this month. Figures that I finally sign up and I'm not going to get the pretties that I've seen on the blogs. Harumph. I'll be canceling if I don't receive the adorable lip gloss or the cleansing conditioner. 

I resubbed to GB after a five month hiatus, so glad I did but im sorry to see they're throwing old stuff in some people's boxes. I got my box a week and a half ago with the mascara version and today received a second that I ordered with points with the face wash/exfoliator version. I didn't know there were alternates this month but I'm so happy to have gotten both the items along with the unwash, Julep, shower gel and the cute as hell lip balm. Great month.

I'm waiting on mine also. It's still in packing. I did cancel after January and resubbed right after. Not sure if that is what's holding mine up.

On their FB page they keep mentioning how each box variation is custom picked.  Here is an email response I got.  BTW, my box suffered a delivery exception on Feb 14th and never recovered.  I called the postr office 2 days ago and they were supposed to sort it out.  I notified Glossy about this tonight.l

To be honest, I quit Ipsy and BB because of box envy.  It seemed I always got the crap boxes.  Spoiled the whole experience, you know?  If Glossy is gonna do this, I will have to unsub when my 6 months is up.

So if you let your sub expire, and rejoin with a new deal. does this mean you get a crap box?

For January, our January edition has been sold out since 1.15. So from the 15th till the end of January, we sold a Classic box, which is comprised of five of our past popular items. For February, we have 7 different box versions and customers receive one version randomly. The versions that include past products are geared towards new customers but if existing customers accidentally received those versions, we have been replacing the repeat items. We hope this clarifies!
From what I saw, you got the original box if yous was sent out first.  THEN along came the variations....

So by my calculations, if you sub on the first, you will always be in the first mailing?  What do you think?

I just ordered a second box on the 11th and got the good original variation though. Who knows how they do anything, maybe not even they know, lol. They should just make one box with enough items for everyone that orders and THEN sell out and let people be aware that their version will be different rather than leading everyone on to think you're getting the advertised box.

I just ordered a second box on the 11th and got the good original variation though. Who knows how they do anything, maybe not even they know, lol. They should just make one box with enough items for everyone that orders and THEN sell out and let people be aware that their version will be different rather than leading everyone on to think you're getting the advertised box.
Obviously they would rather just piss everyone off.  :lol:

I also find it ironic that articles advertising this box were stating that all this month's products were full size. So now they are tossing in leftover sample products randomly?
You see, I also feel it was false advertising since they advertised this particular box by sending it to the bloggers.  A very nice box at that, but after they baited everyone, they sent out crap to some.  This false representation is very illegal, and is something a reputable company does not do.

There was zero indication that they would be doing unannounced variations from previous history.  Even they admitted in an email to me that they decided to do something new this month.  Plus, some people are even locked into long term sales contracts, where as the terms were suddenly changed long after the money was exchanged. I saw on another site where a woman posted that mention of the variations was snuck in during Nov of 2014.  

I just received mine, ordered a 6-month sub in Dec.  This is what I received:

1.  Tiny plain hot pink nail polish by Bodygraphy. (Junk)

2.  Small crushed light pink blush by Kryolan.  (Junk)

3.  Small travel size facial moisturizer by Juice Beauty. (Okay, but have too many).

4.  Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner. (Great)

5.  Ritual Foaming Shower Gel. (Great)

I am very disappointed about the first 3 as I really wanted the lip tint, mascara and heart nail polish.  The last 2 items are great and were expected to get.  Love the shower gel.  I left a Facebook comment and they said they are going to mail me the 3 "missing" items.  For what it's worth, I told them they need to quit sending the "good" boxes to the bloggers and send everybody the same thing.  I am cancelling this box after my prepaid 6 months.  Actually cancelling all 10 I have very soon except for POPSUGAR and Little Lace Box.  Will likely add an occasional FFF, Bianca Jade, Super Deluxe Goode Box or something else once I know the total contents :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Still waiting on my box. With all these variations I'm hoping for a lot of luck, seems there always is a slight variation or two with GB.

I recently got the Juice Beauty, so I think I can safely (hopefully) exclude that from my box. I won't be too bothered if I don't get the Julep nail polish, I don't care for glitter. I think I'd rather have the cleanser over the mascara too but I don't really want bar soap. Meh, my boyfriend will use it, but c'mon, Glossybox.

I really want that cute lip balm though...

I thankfully recieved almost all of the advertised contents...I got the cleanser/would have preferred to try the mascara, but I am happy with what I recieved. I do not think they should be putting in repeat/fill-in products. I think it's deceiving, I'm sorry so many ended up with a box like that..... Glossy still has February boxes for sale....so they must have plenty of the products to have filled them with the advertised products.

I received my box today. I was worried about getting a box with "leftovers." I got the shower gel which feels amazing and smells wonderful; the Teadora bar; the Julep Heartleigh polish which is absolutely beautiful; the cleansing conditioner and lastly, the Royal Apothic lip balm which is probably the cutest container I've ever seen. This is one of my favorite boxes.

On their FB page they keep mentioning how each box variation is custom picked. Here is an email response I got. BTW, my box suffered a delivery exception on Feb 14th and never recovered. I called the postr office 2 days ago and they were supposed to sort it out. I notified Glossy about this tonight.l

To be honest, I quit Ipsy and BB because of box envy. It seemed I always got the crap boxes. Spoiled the whole experience, you know? If Glossy is gonna do this, I will have to unsub when my 6 months is up.

So if you let your sub expire, and rejoin with a new deal. does this mean you get a crap box?

From what I saw, you got the original box if yous was sent out first. THEN along came the variations....

So by my calculations, if you sub on the first, you will always be in the first mailing? What do you think?
So why are they trying variations all of the sudden?? I'm not not liking that. I prefer glossy just having the same products in everyone's boxes. This cuts down on box envy (which I definitely have this month) and really could they not get enough product for everyone??

I'm very underwhelmed this month. My thoughts:

The nail polish is probably the only thing I would be interested in, but we all know the box is going to arrive after Valentine's Day, if it even comes before March. I will probably try the cowash. Lip Butter is probably not gonna have enough color to show up on dark lips. I steer away from shower gels because of my eczema. Don't need another mascara.

It's crazy because I have a "Beauty Products to Try" List with over 100 products on it, yet even with having three beauty subscriptions, I'm never sent one of those products as a sample in my beauty subscription boxes. I mean, what gives?!?!
So forget everything I said above about being underwhelmed this month. I actually really, really like my box this month. I received the Royal Apothic Tinties Lip Butter, Julep Hartleighh Polish, Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner, Rituals Yogi Flow Foaming Shower Gel, and the Teodara Nourishing Beauty Bar.

The Lip Butter was actually moisturizing and pigmented enough to show up on dark skin! So happy. This nail polish with the little hearts is so stinkin' ca-yute! Even tho Valentine's Day has passed (bummer, but I'll save it for next year, lol) the polish is so girly, so kitschy. I would never go for something like this, but since it came in my box I decided to put it on. I really love the little hearts. It makes me feel so feminine. I'm gonna wear it for the rest of the month, but next time I'm going to make sure each fingernail has at least 3 hearts and I'm not going to use a pink nail polish as a base coat. I'm just gonna put it on by itself. I haven't tried the Bio-Cleansing Conditioner but I'm so looking forward to it.  I'm also looking forward to the foaming shower gel even though I know I shouldn't be putting harsh detergents on my very sensitive, eczema-prone skin. The only disappointing thing about this box is the fact that I got two shower products. I really did not want a soap AND a foaming shower gel. I would have preferred a makeup item, like the mascara. I'd rate this box a 7/10.

Mine finally shipped. It should be here next week. Don't like the waiting especially after reading everyone's responses. I wonder how my box will be since I've been a long term customer, started when Glossybox started but have taken time off from it here and there by unsubbing and subbing. I wonder what kind of box I get as a result.

I got my box today and I got a Teadora nourishing beauty bar instead of the mascara or exfoliator. It has a value of 5 dollars. Not thrilled about that at all.
I got the Teadora also.  If you check the listing on Amazon and do the math, it is actually worth $3.72.  Not really fair to those of us who got it.  Not impressed or happy here!

I got the Teadora also.  If you check the listing on Amazon and do the math, it is actually worth $3.72.  Not really fair to those of us who got it.  Not impressed or happy here!
Still debating about complaining to Glossybox. On their website it says the box will be worth more than 60.00. Those of us that got the box with the Teadora, the value of the box is definitely not over 60.00. I was wondering if anyone had called Glossybox about it. Any of you who complained on facebook get a reply?

Back