Glossybox February 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's awfully shady of them to send out promo boxes and then not tell everyone that it might not be what they get. I mean, fine, send out the early boxes to bloggers but at least let the bloggers know (I'm assuming they had no idea since not one of them mentioned the possibility of variations-at least that I read) so they can tell their readers that!

And because Glossybox has always (for the most part) sent out the same exact boxes to everyone, suddenly sending variations should have been announced!
Actually this wold be considered a bait and switch via unethical advertising practices.  

Has anyone tried out the Unwash bio-cleansing conditioner? This is my first time trying out this type of product and I am pleasantly surprised at how well it cleaned and conditioned my dry (color-treated and heat abused) hair. I was wondering how it compares to Wen products?
No, but I've been eyeballing it, though. Does anyone have an ingredient list for it?

I have have long dry, color-treated hair that I wash as little as possible as is to avoid stripping oils, so this is a tempting thing for me. I've not tried it yet because I have weird sensitivities and if this has jojoba, I will hive up and lose handfulls of hair. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@artemiss  The ingredients are listed on their web page http://www.unwash.com/ingredients. The format is a bit weird but I really like that they have a small blurb on each ingredient as to what it is and what it does. Their anti-residue rinse has jojoba but I don't think the conditioner does but definitely check out the ingredients page to confirm that.  I've been really keen on trying these type of products (mainly Wen from the zillion infomercials on tv) but have always chickened out buying some to try out because of fear it would make my hair and already oily scalp greasy. I'm really keen to find out what others think (so let me know how it works out for you if you decide try it out!)  and how it compares to Wen- so I am also hoping for input from Wen girls!

ETA: Edited because stringing together sentences is hard without morning coffee!

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to try it this weekend.  I am a HUGE Wen fan and only use that, so I am hoping it's at least as good as that.  Like artemiss & Stella A, my hair is colored (every 4 weeks) and my hairdresser used to always comment how my end were squishy (read: unhealthy) when wet.  Since I have been using Wen she is shocked at the difference in my hair.  My hair is also fine and limp and now I actually have some body in it.  I will have to remember to give it a shot this weekend and report back.  Fingers crossed.  It will be nice to have an alternative to just Wen.

I tried it yesterday.  I have super long, thin, straight and fine hair.  I have to say that I felt like I had to use half the bottle because there is literally no lather.  I know some people prefer that but I *need* mine to lather because my hair is so long or I feel like it's not getting clean.

My hair today is glorious.  So glorious.  Soft, silky, unbelievably manageable.  No flyaways (WTF, my hair is ALWAYS flying away!!!) at ALL!  All that I put in it was the Unwash in the shower and some Birchbox Beauty Protector when I got out to help detangle.

So while I was sad at first that I had to use so much just to get it through my hair, I am thinking I need more.  My hair hasn't been this soft and perfect for a long time.

My Feb Glossybox is still in "Pack" mode  :huh:  I have a monthly sub that has carried over since December 2014 (no cancelling/resubbing).  

I was pretty excited for the February box, but now that I see people's *actual* boxes are wildly different, I wish I hadn't gotten my expectations up. I'm going to be really disappointed if it's full of leftovers from previous months, like some ppl have had. Especially if I get that damn Juice Beauty moisturizer again. It's boring and I HATE it, so naturally Glossybox has already sent it to me TWICE.

Watch me get it a third time. My Irony Field has been especially active lately.

I got the Heartleigh nail polish, the Unwash, the Tinties lip butter, the Rituals gel, and the Scalisi cleanser/exfoliator.  Great box!  They've had three great months in a row!  I was not really a fan of November, but they've redeemed themselves in December, January, and February.  Let's hope they keep it up!

I was happy to get the Scalisi cleanser instead of the mascara.  I'm swimming in mascara from all my subscriptions!  My best friend has Glossybox and got the mascara and says it's great, though, so I am a little sad I don't have it.  The Scalisi is full size and worth $25.  After adding all the prices up (and accounting for the fact that the Unwash is not full size), my box is worth $74.67.  The Jelly Pong Pong mascara is worth $22, so boxes that got that instead of the cleanser would be worth $71.67.  Definitely worth the subscription price!

I can't wait to get my box, especially after reading all your reviews! I'm so excited to have dropped BB to sub to GB instead (it's double the price, but seems well worth it).

I might get a yearly sub... While I still have $$... before I go on maternity leave and I am broke and can't justify it to my BF  :lol:

I can't wait to get my box, especially after reading all your reviews! I'm so excited to have dropped BB to sub to GB instead (it's double the price, but seems well worth it).

I might get a yearly sub... While I still have $$... before I go on maternity leave and I am broke and can't justify it to my BF  :lol:
Then you can enjoy the boxes on your maternity leave. How fun! It's like getting a present every month. Makes the craziness of taking care of a baby and not sleeping a little nicer. I think the same way, better do this now because I won't be able to in the future. :lol:   I wish I had had Glossybox or any other boxes with mine. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I got my box today and I got a Teadora nourishing beauty bar instead of the mascara or exfoliator. It has a value of 5 dollars. Not thrilled about that at all.

I got my box today and I got a Teadora nourishing beauty bar instead of the mascara or exfoliator. It has a value of 5 dollars. Not thrilled about that at all.
Wow, I love Teadora, but I would be upset by that, too.  $5 when the other two options are worth $25 and $22?  That's not fair at all.  Are you going to complain?

I got the same thing it made the total value 54.67. On the site it says value over 60.00. I think we got shorted. I would have rather had either of the other 2 items.

Me too. I hate complaining, but to me it's just not fair when the other two products had a much higher value. I was so disappointed when I saw that I didn't get the mascara or the exfoliator

I received my box and had several of the leftover items - the blush, juice moisturizer and a different nail polish.  Very annoying and I would not have used my points for this box.

I also got the teadora bar.  I am going to post on facebook since I understand that gets the best results with glossy box.  I am trying to decide whether to keep Glossybox or sample society.  I thought Glossy would win out but now I'm not so sure.

I received my box and had several of the leftover items - the blush, juice moisturizer and a different nail polish. Very annoying and I would not have used my points for this box.
That's so annoying! Why did some people get boxes like that?? I would be pissed

I also got the teadora bar. I am going to post on facebook since I understand that gets the best results with glossy box. I am trying to decide whether to keep Glossybox or sample society. I thought Glossy would win out but now I'm not so sure.
That's a good idea. I just canceled SS and glossybox has always been my favorite but I'm very disappointed with them now

This whole thing of repeat products is very disappointing. I had really liked some of the products that I've recieved from glossybox in the past months.....I've had a years Sub and the first half, I was mainly disappointed in a high percentage of what they sent me. This latter half was much better, and I was really excited in what I thought they were going to send me, I will not be happy if they send me bar soap, I don't use it nor would I ever think of giving it as a gift. I still don't have my box, it was just handed over to USPS yesterday, glossybox has been taking longer and longer to post up my product review items on my accounts page, so I never know what is coming anymore and I don't get to input my reviews till weeks after I've recieved my later arrival box..... (I guess that's a way of keeping glossydots away from you if you were to cancel.) I had almost decided to re-up for another full year if they put out a good savings incentive, but now I'm on the fence. Think I'll just move to a monthly, use up my dots and watch to see if I really want to buy anymore boxes.

Back