Glossybox February 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box yesterday and it was stunning. The shower gel is huge! I got the mascara. 

I am in love with my box; I am on a no buy, and Glossybox is the only purchase I am allowed every month. I can't use the mascara yet, as I have to finish two I have open first. I am not allowed to use any full sized things until I use up my backlog of foils and travel sizes, but I may treat myself if I am good, and use the shower gel and polish for Valentine's Day - they are so gorgeous! The box is great for storing the items I am trying to finish up. The detail on it is beautiful. 

I like your idea of using all your foils 1st.  I may have to start doing that because it gets out of control!  A few years ago (even before sub boxes) I was determined to pay off our credit card debt and just used all the samples, etc I had laying around.  I didn't have to buy any creams, etc for well over a year - and we did pay everything off!  Every bit adds up!

I am usually not interested in nail polish, but I love the Julep.  I already painted my nails.  It looks so cute. I did a base of a pink polish and it is adorable.  The polish is a bit difficult to maneuver -- in regards to getting the hearts applied, but not impossible.

I got the mascara..   I would have rather gotten the Scalisi cleanser and exfoliator but that is okay.

The lip balm comes in the cutest packaging.  I will definitely re-use it.

The body wash smells nice.

I really like this months box-- plus the actual box is adorable..  

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit... Glossybox has screwed me over one too many times but I actually love this box.  I'd want the exfoliator as well.  

I am actually hoping for the mascara version.  I hope (but would not put money on it) that not all the "early" boxes have just the exfoliator because mine will be delivered to me tomorrow.  I got a Beauty Blender in my Birchbox so I am not holding my breath to get my wish with TWO sub boxes this month.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just signed up for the Feb Glossybox (first time Glossy) and used a HelloFresh code - does that mean I get an extra box as it wasn't clear re: terms for that promotion (but did accept the code). Ex-memebox addict so looking for alternatives ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While I would prefer the exfoliator, my friend who got the mascara in her box said it is absolutely fabulous.  I am swimming in mascara now from all my beauty box subscriptions, but if I do get the mascara, I won't be too sad.  I have two gift subscriptions for some friends and both live in western states and I live on the east coast.  Their boxes are always shipped way before mine (as in, they got their boxes two days ago and mine just finally shipped yesterday).  Do they always do west coast first or is there some other reason behind whose boxes get shipped first?  It's so annoying!  I want mine first!

I got the exfoliator. Everything is so huge in this box - shocking to see so much product. Mine went from no estimated delivery to at my door w/o warning and to get a Feb box in Feb is shocking. I get Sample Society and that had a periwinkle/gray/ concrete colored nail polish in it this month - I used that on my nails and the put the Julep Hartleigh that came in Glossybox this month over it (but ensured the bigger glittery red hearts didn't get put on my nail) and it looks really nice, not too juvenile as it would be had I used the Pink I got in Popsugar this month as the base.

While I would prefer the exfoliator, my friend who got the mascara in her box said it is absolutely fabulous. I am swimming in mascara now from all my beauty box subscriptions, but if I do get the mascara, I won't be too sad. I have two gift subscriptions for some friends and both live in western states and I live on the east coast. Their boxes are always shipped way before mine (as in, they got their boxes two days ago and mine just finally shipped yesterday). Do they always do west coast first or is there some other reason behind whose boxes get shipped first? It's so annoying! I want mine first!
LOL, I'm on the West Coast and am on the tail end of a year's Sub and I never get mine until the end of the month.... Waytogo and cover your bases Glossybox! My account says delivery estimate - 2/18 to 3/2 nice generalization! BTW... I'm hoping for the Mascara! I have loads of facial scrub/exfoliator more than I can get through in two years!

I just got my box today with the following contents:

• Ritual Cosmetics shower gel in Yogi Flow (this thing is HUGE!)
  • Unwash bio-cleansing conditioner (I've been wanting to try this type of product so yea!)
  • Bodyography nail lacquer in #Glossybox  (fuschia hue with subtle sparkles)
  • Kryolan for glossybox blusher in Glossy Rosewood (sort of a dusty pink- the entire thing fell out of the pan when I opened it up to swatch it! Luckily it did not break apart so I plopped it back into the pan :blink: ).
  • Juice Beauty green apple age defy moisturizer ( <_< ).
I'm a bit bummed out that I didn't get the Julep Heartleigh topcoat (I love sparkly topcoats!) and the Royal Apothic tinties lip butter. I guess I'm ok with getting a blush except for the fact that the whole thing flew out of the pan when I opened the clam shell case up (just does not bode well). I already have a tube of the Juice Beauty moisturizer (another sub box) that I haven't tried out yet so kind of bummed that I got a dupe. But on the bright side, if I end up liking it then I will have a backup! :lol:

ETA: Just realized that I got the Juice Beauty moisturizer (1st tube) in the November glossybox and the blush is from a previous box as well (before my time with glossybox). I'm not happy that they included past items in this month's box! Has this happened to anyone else this month or with previous boxes?

Oh! No I've never gotten repeats like that! I wouldn't mind the apple/juice beauty thou, loved that! But that Blush is like not something I'd want again, I just got a really Nice one in my PS box also! I am really looking forward to the Julep Nail polish and would be disappointed to not get that. So sorry that you got substitutions

I just got my box today with the following contents:

• Ritual Cosmetics shower gel in Yogi Flow (this thing is HUGE!)
  • Unwash bio-cleansing conditioner (I've been wanting to try this type of product so yea!)
  • Bodyography nail lacquer in #Glossybox  (fuschia hue with subtle sparkles)
  • Kryolan for glossybox blusher in Glossy Rosewood (sort of a dusty pink- the entire thing fell out of the pan when I opened it up to swatch it! Luckily it did not break apart so I plopped it back into the pan :blink: ).
  • Juice Beauty green apple age defy moisturizer ( <_< ).
I'm a bit bummed out that I didn't get the Julep Heartleigh topcoat (I love sparkly topcoats!) and the Royal Apothic tinties lip butter. I guess I'm ok with getting a blush except for the fact that the whole thing flew out of the pan when I opened the clam shell case up (just does not bode well). I already have a tube of the Juice Beauty moisturizer (another sub box) that I haven't tried out yet so kind of bummed that I got a dupe. But on the bright side, if I end up liking it then I will have a backup! :lol:
ETA: Just realized that I got the Juice Beauty moisturizer (1st tube) in the November glossybox and the blush is from a previous box as well (before my time with glossybox). I'm not happy that they included past items in this month's box! Has this happened to anyone else this month or with previous boxes?
did you resubscribe in January? I know that they were sending out "Classics" boxes to new subscribers after the January box sold out. But I had no idea they were doing that for February, too! They should warn people!

@aweheck   I'm so envious of the tarte blush included in the PS box! I think I will have to make a stop at my local Sephora to swatch out colors and pick one up for myself!

I was definitely thrown for a loop today when I opened my box and saw all the variations. I guess I also assumed everyone was getting the Julep Heartleigh topcoat and Royal Apothic lip butter (both are just so darn cute!). I just emailed glossy about the Juice Beauty dupe so fingers crossed that they would be willing to send me something different as a replacement.

I hope everyone has better luck with their box variations!

@@Saffyra I resubscribed at the beginning of January for a 6-moth sub (my 1st sub was a 3-month one from  Oct thru Dec) and I received the regular January box. So I was shocked to see the variations that I got were recycled from previous boxes (the moisturizer was from the Nov box and the blush was from a previous box as well). I don't know if the nail polish I got is new to glossybox or whether its from a previous box too. I know that I will use almost all the products in the box. Just sad that I missed out on the box variations that have been posted so far...

I'm glad you said something because I was thinking about getting a second box, trying for the Scalisi cleanser but I'm not doing it if I could end up with a box of leftovers!

Saffyra, on 14 Feb 2015 - 7:36 PM, said:I'm glad you said something because I was thinking about getting a second box, trying for the Scalisi cleanser but I'm not doing it if I could end up with a box of leftovers!
   Unfortunately I did purchase a 2nd box and I will be really ticked if it's different.  This happened to me with the January box. I renewed on the 16th of January and at that time there was no notice that I would receive the "classic box" and did not like what I received - a hodgepodge of leftovers.

This was my first Glossybox, and I got to yesterday, so I am going to weigh in. My box came with Rituals shower gel, Heartleigh polish, Unwash conditioner, Royal Apothic lip tint, and a Teadora beauty bar. My card said I was to get the Jelly Pong Pong mascara, and it does not show the Royal Apothica. Now, I really wanted the lip tint, so I am not going to complain about the mascara. The thing I am annoyed about is the beauty bar. The value on that tiny soap is $5. I know this is a beauty discovery box, but how you can send all the bloggers the same amazing box, (and about 90% of everyone else, it looks like everyone who posted on Instagram got the same box), and then filter in other items with less value doesn't seen fair. A $5 soap vs a $22 mascara isn't right. As it is, me not getting the pong pong vs. the lip tint lessens the value of the box by $8. I cancelled, for me that is to far of a spread, if everyone is paying the same price for the box, they need to keep the value of the box closer to the same for every customer. I do like the packaging though, okay, rant over.

I think it's awfully shady of them to send out promo boxes and then not tell everyone that it might not be what they get. I mean, fine, send out the early boxes to bloggers but at least let the bloggers know (I'm assuming they had no idea since not one of them mentioned the possibility of variations-at least that I read) so they can tell their readers that!

And because Glossybox has always (for the most part) sent out the same exact boxes to everyone, suddenly sending variations should have been announced!

Has anyone tried out the Unwash bio-cleansing conditioner? This is my first time trying out this type of product and I am pleasantly surprised at how well it cleaned and conditioned my dry (color-treated and heat abused) hair. I was wondering how it compares to Wen products?

Back