GlossyBox-Gate Scandal???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a paypal debit but I never use it. Paypal annoys me with their sometimes shady ways. The Amex I signed up for has the same protection as a normal credit card thank god. I made sure of that. I plan on only using mine for my three subs so I shouldn't have a lot of money in there at any one time.

I can say that the Walmart one does have purchase protection...I have never had to use it though, so I can't say how difficult it is to recover lost money.

At any rate, I only put enough in there to cover my purchases, so at least I can't be double charged, etc.

I have a paypal debit but I never use it. Paypal annoys me with their sometimes shady ways. The Amex I signed up for has the same protection as a normal credit card thank god. I made sure of that. I plan on only using mine for my three subs so I shouldn't have a lot of money in there at any one time.  
I've never had a problem with Serve. Their actually a really good ppcc. I have mine linked to my debit card. They have never chargd me a dime for transfering. Usually prepaid cards either have a load fee, monthly fee, or transaction fee.

I just had the same thing happen to me. I signed up about two weeks ago. I'm curious if anyone had charges from skype in cambridge mass. On their cards. I signed up for GB and not more than 24 hr later I had two charges one for $77 and one for $19for skype at a business in mass. I had never used this debit card online as it is my card I use for paypal and hadn't used it in months. I found it odd that right after I signed up for GB my account was hacked especially since others had the same thing happen. I'd be curious to hear if others had same type of charges from the same location. If so GB has a BIG problem on their hands. I haven't even received my first box and I'm already considering canceling. Toni

Arrgg!  It happened to me too.  I have never had this happen before.  Although I can't remember if I had used this card for Glossybox for sure because I ended up changing my payment method, it was only used online for beauty subscription type things.  LBB, maybe BB & SS.  The only other online order I did was to Heavenly Handbags, and they seem reputable.  The dang card was only 1 month old!

Watch out for a small charge from actsportsite.com  They are definitely a scam site and don't answer the phone number.  There must a some type of breach out there - either a company (can't for sure say GB), or the service provider, or a dishonest employee. 

Thankfully I was watching all my cc accounts because of the warnings on MuT.

i have obsessively checking my CC and fortunately haven't had any issues, but i also signed up for a 6mo sub when they first launched.

given the plethora of issues with billing, customer service, and leaky contents, i won't resub at the end of my 6mo unless there are serious improvements.

I posted this in the June Glossybox thread but just in case some haven't seen it... some people have had multiple charges AGAIN. I woke up and saw two new emails and thought I was charged a second time (which would be impossible because I don't have enough on my prepaid card for them to take a second charge) but then I noticed that the invoice number was missing off of the first set of emails (the second of the first set). So it was like they resent both emails to include the invoice number on the second email. Weird. But just to be on the safe side, check your emails and bank accounts ladies because there are still some people that ARE being charged more than once again.

I feel pretty lucky that I haven't had any issues with multiple charges from GB. I did cancel shortly after I got my shipping email, but I'm keeping an eye on my account just in case. I really wish they would address these problems. You know, with a well-written, genuinely concerned and sorry email. But uhhh, guess that won't happen. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel pretty lucky that I haven't had any issues with multiple charges from GB. I did cancel shortly after I got my shipping email, but I'm keeping an eye on my account just in case. I really wish they would address these problems. You know, with a well-written, genuinely concerned and sorry email. But uhhh, guess that won't happen. 
Nope, Id be surprised if & when they do...but they sure can delete posts & comments off their FB no problem...Oh and not answer their phones, not respond to numerous issues goin down on their FB right now etc.. cuz ya know, after all, it is a holiday. 
bs.gif

Okay, as much as I hate to do it, I unsubscribed. I'm sad, because I love the boxes. But, while I can deal with billing issues, I cannot deal with dishonesty from a company. Not okay.

Me, too.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have obsessively checking my CC and fortunately haven't had any issues, but i also signed up for a 6mo sub when they first launched.

given the plethora of issues with billing, customer service, and leaky contents, i won't resub at the end of my 6mo unless there are serious improvements.

So I sent a very polite email over the weekend explaining that I would like to cancel due to seeming security issues as well as not loving getting charged for my July box when I have yet to see the June box. A little excerpt from the response:

I would like to assure you with confidence that there was definitely no security breach. No credit card information was jeopardized, and I assure you that no one's personal information was released.

Furthermore, GLOSSYBOX always charges at the beginning of the month and ships at the end of the month. We are currently working on a way to ship boxes earlier in the month. Your June box should have arrived already, but due to shipping delays this was unfortunately not the case.

Ummm...given how many people have had their credit card information stolen, I find their reluctance to accept some measure of responsibility hard to believe.

Great idea; Thanks!

Hi all:

I posted on FB that I hadn't received my June box after ordering June 27th, no tracking #.  No response to e-mails, can't speak to anyone on the phone, can't make adjustments on the website on my account!  Here were the responses.

GB: we apologize that you haven't had a response yet to your email. Our customer service team wants to help. Please call 1-855-738-1140 xx

14 minutes ago ·
  • Deenellie: After calling, "Please leave your message for Glossybox. Sorry that mailbox is full".............................................!
    6 minutes ago ·
  •  
    Deenellie After being persistent, I finally reached a human being. Shocking! Let's see what happens! : ) 2 minutes ago ·
  •  
    Deenellie Customer service was helpful, no apologies though. Box going out today, although order placed on June 27th. Assured me a tracking number will be sent to me ASAP and my box will be shipped from New Jersey to MA, shouldn't take too long. More later ladies! : ) 2 seconds ago ·

Let's see what happens!  : )

Hi all,

I posted on FB that I hadn't received my June box after ordering June 27th, no tracking #. No response to e-mails, can't speak to anyone on the phone, can't make adjustments on the website on my account! Here were the responses.

GB: we apologize that you haven't had a response yet to your email. Our customer service team wants to help. Please call 1-855-738-1140 xx

14 minutes ago ·
  • Deenellie: After calling, "Please leave your message for Glossybox. Sorry that mailbox is full".............................................!
    6 minutes ago ·
  •  
    Deenellie After being persistent, I finally reached a human being. Shocking! Let's see what happens! : ) 2 minutes ago ·
  •  
    Deenellie Customer service was helpful, no apologies though. Box going out today, although order places on June 27th. Assured me a tracking number will be sent to me and my box will be shipped from New Jersey to MA, shouldn't take too long. More later ladies! : ) 2 seconds ago ·

Let's see what happens! : )

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great idea; Thanks!

Hi all:

I posted on FB that I hadn't received my June box after ordering June 27th, no tracking #.  No response to e-mails, can't speak to anyone on the phone, can't make adjustments on the website on my account!  Here were the responses.

14 minutes ago ·
  • Deenellie: After calling, "Please leave your message for Glossybox. Sorry that mailbox is full".............................................!
    6 minutes ago ·

•  
  •  
    Deenellie Customer service was helpful, no apologies though. Box going out today, although order placed on June 27th. Assured me a tracking number will be sent to me ASAP and my box will be shipped from New Jersey to MA, shouldn't take too long. More later ladies! : ) 2 seconds ago ·

Let's see what happens!  : )

Good luck, although Newgistics is a poopy shipping company. My box didn't update for the duration of the shipping, until my out for delivery day. So I went a week...maybe a few days more without any movement!

I ordered on June 28, and no status update at all yet. Last status was "Payment Processed".

I noticed that people started receiving their June boxes already, 

Is it normal for Glossy Box to take this long between processing payments and orders? I guess I'm just use to quick customer service...

I don't think I will continue with Glossy Box after hearing people's experiences with them.

The way they have been working is that they charge at the beginning of the month (my June payment went through on the 7th, and my July payment went through on the 2nd), and then ship at the end (the May box shipped on the 25th, and the June box shipped on the 28th), so the boxes you are seeing arrive were paid for a month ago.  They're apparently changing their system so that the charge starts going through in the 2nd week, and then shipping will happen the 3rd week of the month, but I don't think a firm date has been stated, and I get the impression that will be starting in August.  I don't know how they cut things off for the month so that after *this* date, you will receive the next month's box, so you *might* get a June box, but I would not be surprised to find out that they're pushing your subscription to begin in July since you signed up after the June boxes started shipping.

Okay - So I'm new to the tread so pardon me if I'm inept at using it.

That being said: I subscribed to glossybox in November.. they charged me, no box. I waited.

THEN, they charged me for December.. still no boxes for either month.

I e-mailed them.. got brushed off. I can't even find a log in to cancel my account! What have you ladies done to handle situations as such?

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by littlepup90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay - So I'm new to the tread so pardon me if I'm inept at using it.

That being said: I subscribed to glossybox in November.. they charged me, no box. I waited.

THEN, they charged me for December.. still no boxes for either month.

I e-mailed them.. got brushed off. I can't even find a log in to cancel my account! What have you ladies done to handle situations as such?

Any suggestions?
Cancel. Also send them a final email requesting a refund for a box never received and state if you don't get the refund you'll have to dispute the charge and file complaints with the NY ATG and FTC.

Back