GlossyBox-Gate Scandal???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a side note, if you paid with a traditional credit card (rather than debit), you typically have four months to dispute it.

Originally Posted by littlepup90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay - So I'm new to the tread so pardon me if I'm inept at using it.

That being said: I subscribed to glossybox in November.. they charged me, no box. I waited.

THEN, they charged me for December.. still no boxes for either month.

I e-mailed them.. got brushed off. I can't even find a log in to cancel my account! What have you ladies done to handle situations as such?

Any suggestions?
You can't find the log in or the link?  The log in is the little person in the upper right-hand corner.  Hover on it, click it, whatever - it always takes about 6 tries for me before I'm offered the little log in textbox.

If it's the link, in the GB dashboard, go into the Recurring Profiled and click Monthly Subscription link.  The cancel option should be in there.

I had my creadit card company handle it and they credited me. Give that a try. Good luck; so sorry. GB is so tired!!

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had my creadit card company handle it and they credited me. Give that a try. Good luck; so sorry. GB is so tired!!
I forgot to mention one thing in my previous post about how you have four months to dispute a charge:  The company has something like fourteen days to respond.  I forget the exact amount of time, but the CC processing company that one of our clients at work uses was sending the notices to one of the client's dealers, and by the time they reached me to forward to the right person, the response window had already closed, and if a company doesn't respond before that time is up, the CC company automatically finds in the complaining customer's favor.  I wouldn't be one bit surprised if someone disputed a GB charge and they took so long to respond that the CC company closed the case before the clusterf* that is GB even realized there was an issue.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can't find the log in or the link?  The log in is the little person in the upper right-hand corner.  Hover on it, click it, whatever - it always takes about 6 tries for me before I'm offered the little log in textbox.

If it's the link, in the GB dashboard, go into the Recurring Profiled and click Monthly Subscription link.  The cancel option should be in there.
The GlossyBox site does not adjust well to small screens.  When I was trying to sign up for one month with the code that went around, I couldn't find the options.  Finally I figured out that I had to click on "dead" space on the page, and then click tab until it shifted the page over and I could see the stuff to the far right.  There was no scroll bar on the bottom of the screen.  

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Or for Windows hold down on the CTRL key while using your mouse roll bar and scroll down to decrease the size of the window. You will then see the log in on the right-hand side. It happened to me too.

Just got details of my credit card number being stolen and the offender tried to use my card in the UK then call my bank to reinstate card after it was cancelled due to suspected fraud. For the record, the ONLY charge this particular card has had in about 6 months is GB. There is no denying where it was jeopardized !!

Irritating!

Back