GLOSSYBOX July 2014 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems so wrong, though, doesn't it?

Say someone just discovers Glossybox and they sign up on July 16th.  They won't even get their box until the end of the month (or beginning of the next).  Which means when they sign up for July, they MUST pay for August since they subbed after the 15th.  And thats without even knowing if they like Glossybox or not!

Right?

Or am I confused?  It doesn't say anything about if you sign up after the 15th, you won't get that month's box (sign up after July 15th, get August's box). 

I suppose I (or anyone) could sign up on the 1st and cancel on the 15th and then we would only get that months box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really excited for this box.

Especially for the SkinInc serum. I *love* the one from the Mothers Day box.

Can anyone read what that last brand is under Mitchell and Peach? English... Growers? Gardenias?

It's Mitchell and Peach English Growers. All one company.

@@Saffyra I think what it is trying to say is that if you sign up on the 16th, you will be charged, but won't receive your box until the next month's ships (more than 30 days :wacko: ) and if you want to avoid being charged AGAIN the month you get your first box, you'd have to cancel by the 15th of the month after you subscribe - essentially paying and then cancelling before you even get one box.

At least... I think that is what it means... it's not very clear, is it? <_<

The new cancelation policy is confusing. I canceled today and it said my last box would be July which is perfect because I want to see spoilers before I commit to August. But now it sucks because I was thinking of getting an extra one off gift box if the full contents seemed worth getting and now I can't. I could just start a new sub to get a second box, but like everyone else, now I'm confused on whether I'd be locked into August if I subbed for July after the 15th. So stupid. That specific date cutoff situation really only works for subs that actually ship at the beginning of the month. 

I cancelled on the 7th and was still told I would have to get July.

I'll take it but I'm out for awhile after this month. I have to narrow down my boxes and glossy is just to expensive for me as a monthly.

Maybe every now and then.

I'm in for the remainder of my year sub, but prior to that I was one to sub and unsub monthly based on spoilers... Although I think I only skipped one month. This might put a end to that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*they better get their shipping and spoilers on point or I foresee people being charged once for a box they didn't want and never going back!

ok I am thinking of re-subbing bc I like the July spoilers. If I re-sub now, will I get the July or August box?

ok I am thinking of re-subbing bc I like the July spoilers. If I re-sub now, will I get the July or August box?
Ahhhh I went ahead and got a sub. No sure if I will get the July or August one but I used the code CIATE for a free Ciate polish and also got $2.75 off with ebates so basically it is a pretty good value at this point with just the polish. Any other products will just be a bonus and hopefully there's one or two things in there that I like. 

Hey.  I had to quit (sounds like drugs, lol) Glossybox and lots of others when I lost my job about a year ago.

Anyway, I have had no success using promo codes since I am a past customer.  How do you guys get around that?

Also, I ordered July's box (just had to) through PayPal.  Will I need to cancel next month or can they charge me like a regular sub through PayPal?

Does anybody have any insight?  Would really appreciate it!  :bandit:

Hey.  I had to quit (sounds like drugs, lol) Glossybox and lots of others when I lost my job about a year ago.

Anyway, I have had no success using promo codes since I am a past customer.  How do you guys get around that?

Also, I ordered July's box (just had to) through PayPal.  Will I need to cancel next month or can they charge me like a regular sub through PayPal?

Does anybody have any insight?  Would really appreciate it!  :bandit:
I know there is the cancellation policy, but...

if you cancel your billing agreement with glossybox through paypal, they cannot charge you, even with their current policy.

If you actually subscribe with a CC, that's a different story, but paypal has lots of policies like this to protect us from getting billed when we don't want to. You just go to My Money > Preapproved Payments. Click details, and can click cancel on a payment agreement.

If you don't do that, then yes, they can bill you for the next box.

What is the one off gift box? Is it the same box, you just purchase a second one? When I click on it on my account it brings up all of the different subscription options. So if I wanted to purchase an extra box and I choose the one month option, I would only get an extra box that month? They wouldn't charge me again the following month, like a regular subscription? Just wondering for future, in case there is a really awesome box!

What is the one off gift box? Is it the same box, you just purchase a second one? When I click on it on my account it brings up all of the different subscription options. So if I wanted to purchase an extra box and I choose the one month option, I would only get an extra box that month? They wouldn't charge me again the following month, like a regular subscription? Just wondering for future, in case there is a really awesome box!
If you click on gift, you can purchase an additional box for $15. You just fill in your own information in the recipient section. And your only billed once.... it's not recurring.

I know there is the cancellation policy, but...

if you cancel your billing agreement with glossybox through paypal, they cannot charge you, even with their current policy.

If you actually subscribe with a CC, that's a different story, but paypal has lots of policies like this to protect us from getting billed when we don't want to. You just go to My Money > Preapproved Payments. Click details, and can click cancel on a payment agreement.

If you don't do that, then yes, they can bill you for the next box.
Awesome! Thank you! This is a great tip.

Ahhhh I went ahead and got a sub. No sure if I will get the July or August one but I used the code CIATE for a free Ciate polish and also got $2.75 off with ebates so basically it is a pretty good value at this point with just the polish. Any other products will just be a bonus and hopefully there's one or two things in there that I like. 
Seems like you will be getting the August box, the cut off was the 15!

I always have paid for Glossybox with Paypal... Now I'm glad I did because it looks like the best way to cancel (and to get around Glossybox' ridiculous new cancellation policy) is by cancelling through Paypal subscriptions.

Thanks for the tip, for sure, because I can imagine there will come a time when I will forget about it.

Latest posts

Back