GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Soft? Lol. Really?? It's ridiculously rough. I used if after a wash, hoping it would make it soft. I doubt it's really goat hair and if it is, that's one unfortunate goat.
I laughed at the "unfortunate goat" part.  And...I agree.  My brush was rough.  Gave it to my 4 y.o. who was excited to have her own make-up brush. 

I don't understand how so many cards were "declined" or whatever and accounts are now on hold, when one person obviously had enough balance in there to have over 1000 boxes.

It has to be an issue on their side, THEY should fix it.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand how so many cards were "declined" or whatever and accounts are now on hold, when one person obviously had enough balance in there to have over 1000 boxes.

It has to be an issue on their side, THEY should fix it.
Yeah.  I'm "on hold" also.  There is absolutely no reason for it from a $ standpoint.  

I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe yet.  I don't like that you have to resub if something goes wrong.  While the first box was good - it's also 2x's PLUS a Birchbox.  I usually get Birchboxes worth $30+...  

I'd wondering if I'd rather get two Birchbox subs...

If Glossybox can make this "right" I may stick another month.  At the minimum they need to make sure any current subscribers who were declined get first priority at resubbing, preferably by at least 48 hours.  And they need to find a way to transfer our Glossydots.  I think the Glossydots are a little lame, but it IS something!

I haven't used my brush yet (I don't have anything to use it with, although I do plan on getting some powder with SPF), but I was wondering whether I didn't know what a soft brush felt like when all of these reports of rough brushes started coming in.  Mine seems just fine.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah.  I'm "on hold" also.  There is absolutely no reason for it from a $ standpoint.  

I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe yet.  I don't like that you have to resub if something goes wrong.  While the first box was good - it's also 2x's PLUS a Birchbox.  I usually get Birchboxes worth $30+...  

I'd wondering if I'd rather get two Birchbox subs...

If Glossybox can make this "right" I may stick another month.  At the minimum they need to make sure any current subscribers who were declined get first priority at resubbing, preferably by at least 48 hours.  And they need to find a way to transfer our Glossydots.  I think the Glossydots are a little lame, but it IS something!
Yeah I completely agree. If they fix this somehow, I may be ok with it. But I LOVE BB and cancelled for this, so @ this point I'm wondering how worth it GB is to cancel BB. /:

I agree with what someone said early. If they send me an email trying to make this right then I may stay with them. However, I'm not going to sign up to go on a waitlist or anything! I loved my GB and I understand they are still in beta but they should make this right without us having to worrying we will have to go back on a wait list!

The thing is that I get the sense that they don't really *have* to care right now.  They're full, and they have a waiting list, so it's kind of like an exclusive store.  The staff can be rude because even if ten people leave, twenty more will be clamoring to take their places.  There's probably a touch of "We don't care.  We don't *have* to care.  We're Exxon" going around as well.  Glossybox has a solid reputation around the rest of the world, so they can just look at the rest of their footprint and say, "Well, we're fine in the UK, Canada, India, etc.  We're not going to worry about the US.  It will all work out in the end.  And if those ten people don't like it, we'll just move on to the next ten people in line."

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I laughed at the "unfortunate goat" part.  And...I agree.  My brush was rough.  Gave it to my 4 y.o. who was excited to have her own make-up brush. 
I think I will have to do that with mine. Tried using my oil and let it set for a few hours trick to make it soft, but nothing works. And the darn hairs actually tangled when I washed my brush. I have never had that happen before.

Sorry for all the ladies having issues with Glossybox......I hope you can get back in right away.  I'm thankful my payment went through and I loved the May box, but I don't agree with how they are handling this issue at all.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing is that I get the sense that they don't really *have* to care right now.  They're full, and they have a waiting list, so it's kind of like an exclusive store.  The staff can be rude because even if ten people leave, twenty more will be clamoring to take their places.  There's probably a touch of "We don't care.  We don't *have* to care.  We're Exxon" going around as well.  Glossybox has a solid reputation around the rest of the world, so they can just look at the rest of their footprint and say, "Well, we're fine in the UK, Canada, India, etc.  We're not going to worry about the US.  It will all work out in the end.  And if those ten people don't like it, we'll just move on to the next ten people in line."
I suppose they could since they're the only one offering these caliber of products. But it would be incredibly unwise and its a dangerous attitude to have because as you know everyone on this forum talks and bad service = bad reputation and word spreads fast.  Plus, it seems like for a lot of people, the customer service is a huge part of their view of the subscription company. Plus with a $21 asking price, it's hard to take that kind of treatment.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I suppose they could since they're the only one offering these caliber of products. But it would be incredibly unwise and its a dangerous attitude to have because as you know everyone on this forum talks and bad service = bad reputation and word spreads fast.  Plus, it seems like for a lot of people, the customer service is a huge part of their view of the subscription company. Plus with a $21 asking price, it's hard to take that kind of treatment.

Yep, and they can get away with a lot right now while they're the new hot thing in the US, but good product or not, the "OOOH, SHINY NEW I NEED IT" feeling DOES fade, and customers will leave if they feel they aren't being cared for.

I had convinced myself to try a box or two, but these billing issues have given me pause. I expect a new company (in this country, at least) to have some technical issues...but I also expect THEM to do the work to correct it, not to put the burden on customers.

And they didn't even let us know! We had to find out on our own.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, and they can get away with a lot right now while they're the new hot thing in the US, but good product or not, the "OOOH, SHINY NEW I NEED IT" feeling DOES fade, and customers will leave if they feel they aren't being cared for.

I had convinced myself to try a box or two, but these billing issues have given me pause. I expect a new company (in this country, at least) to have some technical issues...but I also expect THEM to do the work to correct it, not to put the burden on customers.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And they didn't even let us know! We had to find out on our own.
That's exactly what pisses me off. If I hadn't logged into my account for glossydots, I would not have known that my account was 'On Hold'...

I just got off the phone with a glossybox CS rep and she told me that my charge didn't go through but not to worry because they would just try again. So I’m hoping that they will get this all fixed so i don’t have to bother with resubbing.

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got off the phone with a glossybox CS rep and she told me that my charge didn't go through but not to worry because they would just try again. So I’m hoping that they will get this all fixed so i don’t have to bother with resubbing.
          I wonder if that stands true for all of us who are "on hold". My account still lists that status. Yeah, I was hoping they would deal with it by just charging the lot of us again. It would be so much easier for us. It would be one thing if 4 or 5 accounts had refused to process the charge, but it's looking like there are many customers complaining about the on hold status. 

I've been visiting their facebook site and noticed that there were others complaining about this very thing. You know how you can see the posts by others on the right side of their facebook page? Those posts are gone. :-O Wonder why? 

I just called customer service right now. I, too, was told that another charge should be attempted within the next 24 hours. So... yeah. That sounds cool to me. 

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if that stands true for all of us who are "on hold". My account still lists that status. Yeah, I was hoping they would deal with it by just charging the lot of us again. It would be so much easier for us. It would be one thing if 4 or 5 accounts had refused to process the charge, but it's looking like there are many customers complaining about the on hold status. 

I've been visiting their facebook site and noticed that there were others complaining about this very thing. You know how you can see the posts by others on the right side of their facebook page? Those posts are gone. :-O Wonder why? 
I saw that as well.  I thought at first that maybe too many people were complaining that the took down the "write on their wall" feature, but it looked like we just can't see other peoples posts anymore.  As long as they try a couple times till it goes thru I'll be happy. 

I just called customer service right now. I, too, was told that another charge should be attempted within the next 24 hours. So... yeah. That sounds cool to me. 
I hope they do! I guess we will see!

Latest posts

Back