GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked my email and found this below, it's a response to my "On Hold" status because my old card was expired, same # just anew code and exp date.

Hi _ ,

We are working hard to get this function however; it will not be available in time for the next delivery. Please re-subscribe at the next shop opening with your new credit card information. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

That's not what I was told on the phone when I spoke to customer service, I don't appreciate being told two diff things...Forget them!!  Hope it works out for anyone else w/ that hold status.

My status is not "on hold", but I still haven't gotten charged. I sent them an email to see what's up. I don't want to miss out on June's box!

**IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED FOR JUNE** I would e-mail them ASAP. I did and this is what they wrote back:

"We did our first payment run this morning and we were not able to charge your account. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, so we will send you a priority email as soon as our shop opens for June boxes so you can go ahead and resubscribe. Make sure to do it quick so you get a box as we will be opening it to the general public soon after!"

Arrrggg!!!!

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

**IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED FOR JUNE** I would e-mail them ASAP. I did and this is what they wrote back:

"We did our first payment run this morning and we were not able to charge your account. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, so we will send you a priority email as soon as our shop opens for June boxes so you can go ahead and resubscribe. Make sure to do it quick so you get a box as we will be opening it to the general public soon after!"

Arrrggg!!!!
They told me the same thing. I did have enough money in my account though. What a PITA. I may just go without and open up a 2nd LBB.

Arrrggg!!!!
Thank you for the tip, tameloy.  I hadn't been charged either, so I just checked my account and it is on hold status, too.  So, I emailed them. 

They never responded to an email I sent them about two weeks ago inquiring about why I could not do my beauty profile.  Hope I hear back from them regarding this.

Arrrggg!!!!
Yeah, I got this e-mail too.  Frankly, this is bull****!  There is absolutely no reason the charge should not have gone through.  And apparently, this happened to a lot of folks, so clearly the screw-up is on their end.  So we're just supposed to cancel our accounts and resubscribe in the small window before they open subs back up to the public.  And let me guess, we won't get credit for the 100 glossydots we already have for taking the May survey.  I really liked the May box but am seriously annoyed by this....

To be fair to Glossybox their site IS in beta mode so glitches are bound to happen. They have to meet US standards when it comes to online security which is probably why their site looks so radically different than their European, South Pacific and Asian sites.

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I got this e-mail too.  Frankly, this is bull****!  There is absolutely no reason the charge should not have gone through.  And apparently, this happened to a lot of folks, so clearly the screw-up is on their end.  So we're just supposed to cancel our accounts and resubscribe in the small window before they open subs back up to the public.  And let me guess, we won't get credit for the 100 glossydots we already have for taking the May survey.  I really liked the May box but am seriously annoyed by this....
Exactly! I feel the same way.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To be fair to Glossybox their site IS in beta mode so glitches are bound to happen. They have to meet US standards when it comes to online security which is probably why their site looks so radically different than their European, South Pacific and Asian sites.
Understood, but this is a pretty big SNAFU.  Clearly, their IT infrastructure is not up to par (especially given that they ended up "going live" and taking subs before they were ready, by their own admission!)  Judging from the e-mail responses we got from GB, it looks like they only have the capability of charging everybody at once.  They can't go into their super high-tech system and attempt the charges again for the many folks who were denied for whatever reason.

If things were this unstable, they clearly should have waited longer before launching.  Having to cancel and resubscribe isn't the end of the world, but man, does it make Glossybox look incompetent!

Arrrggg!!!!
             That's inexcusable! There are those who are subbed that don't haunt makeup forums and probably have no idea that their accounts are even on hold. So suddenly they won't be getting their June boxes? If it's on GB's end, they should fix it right now. "Couldn't charge your account". lol? At least we know what's going on. Had I not been on this forum, I wouldn't have known about this at ALL. It there was a problem with a customer's card, that would be one thing. But this is on their end. They should fix it and we shouldn't even have to bother with resubscribing. Wow, unless they lost our credit card information entirely. Geniuses. 

Yeah, but it is apparently jeopardizing our accounts. That is where the problem lies.

My account is on hold, too. My credit card has about $60,000 free on it. They should be manually fixing our accounts instead of forcing customers to resubscribe and possibly missing out on their June boxes.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that's really bad business. They're saying, "Oh, sorry, dears. We messed up, but you get to fix it and if you don't, you get to pay for our mistake." 

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that's really bad business. They're saying, "Oh, sorry, dears. We messed up, but you get to fix it and if you don't, you get to pay for our mistake." 

Exactly. 

Great.  I am one of the ones on hold so I guess I have to see if I will be lucky enough to get in whatever window opens for June subs (if at all).  I find it really odd (even if they are in Beta) that you can't just update your cc info on the site.  I feel like they tried to take on too much at once and now the customers are the ones who suffer.

Also I agree they should have sent a notice that sales tax would be charged this month.  I mean at least with BB and My Glam you know how much you are going to pay.  With this sub who knows?

i've emailed [email protected] several times and had a response within 2 business days every time.

i don't understand how they could have gone live with such a horrible website. the beauty profiles still aren't loading - REMOVE THE LINK! and all the CC issues? i signed up for a 6mo sub against my better judgement so we'll see.

If your CC is declined then they should email you about the issue and FIX it. It makes absolutely no business sense to cancel a customer in favor of someone who is on a waiting list!

I got that email too and it makes no sense.  There is no reason why the charge shouldn't have gone through.  I'm really annoyed.

I passed in the May GB invite because I was a bit hesitant price-wise and wanted to see if the sub would be worth it. I'm glad to hear they'll be opening up some June slots - hope I can snag one (and that they'll have all the CC / technical business sorted out by then!).

Back