GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't been able to fill out my survey.  They never did respond to my inquiry about it.

ETA:  Urgh, I am utterly exhausted today.  The reason I said the above:  My account is *not* on hold even though my survey is not filled out, and I did get charged today (no sales tax, and if they tried, there would be hell to pay because I'm in a state that has no sales tax), so I don't think that box customization is a reason that accounts are on hold.

I was able to complete my survey as soon as I purchased a subscription, but now the beauty survey page is all glitchy. It really did accept my beauty profile questions when I first submitted them, but maybe they botched it somehow. Those of you who've already been charged, did you fill out your beauty profiles? If so, what do you see when you open up that page? This is what I see.  

BEAUTYPROFILE
COMPLETE YOUR BEAUTY PROFILE. In order to understand your beauty requirements better, please fill out our beauty profile.

beautyprofile

Mine is on hold as well... There's definitely money in there, so I don't know what the problem will be. Let us know if anyone gets a response from GB. I will email them myself if it isn't resolved in a few days. I'm hoping it just has to be confirmed or something.

Yay for Glossydots. Thanks for the heads up. Just filled out all my surveys. I wonder if they will have more bonuses besides the free boxes in the future.

Do you girls think we will get another makeup brush with this box? Kinda like what myglam was doing.

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Too many questions for the glossydots, hated the survey lol
Ohhh geez... Ya, its pretty bad!  
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhh geez... Ya, its pretty bad!  
icon_eek.gif
I didn't find it that bad at all. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone used their brush yet? I still need to clean mine :/
I've been using my brush since I got it. It's so soft. I've been using a Guerlain one and the GB one is so much softer. Mine didn't smell bad at all. I did take it out of the plastic as soon as I opened it so maybe that helped.

My brush didn't smell bad either and I took it out and felt the bristle when I got it. Haven't used it much because I don't wear a lot of blush

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you girls think we will get another makeup brush with this box? Kinda like what myglam was doing.
             I don't know! Maybe. They're kind of useless to me at this point. If we do get more, I'll probably just save them for stocking stuffers. I'm actually glad the brush wasn't considered one of our main items. I haven't even really used mine. 

Did anyone else get the email announcing glossydots? It says in there that you need 1,000 dots to get a free box. :/

Did anyone else get the email announcing glossydots? It says in there that you need 1,000 dots to get a free box. :/
I just got that email. We've already talked about needing 1,000 dots for a free box. I think it was worked out to a free box every 8 months depending on how many items are in the box to review. I already did my surveys and it says I need 840 more.

How much is the box again? $20 or $21? Sucks to be in CA. My first box was charged $21, my June box is $23.05. Tax, tax, tax. Oh well, move on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Im excited for June!!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got that email. We've already talked about needing 1,000 dots for a free box. I think it was worked out to a free box every 8 months depending on how many items are in the box to review. I already did my surveys and it says I need 840 more.
Before I did the surveys it said I needed 840 and that's why I'm confused. Even after the survey's which would only be 100 it should come to 900 not 840. I read a bit earlier and commented earlier but this seemed different then what the site said.

I agree, a lot of questions BUT I really like that the questions are different for each item (for the most part). I get so bored with BB questions being all the same and always picking the same answers and then half the time there aren't even the right answers for the questions (at least ones that I would want to pick).

I appreciate the diversity in the questions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Too many questions for the glossydots, hated the survey lol

Before I did the surveys it said I needed 840 and that's why I'm confused. Even after the survey's which would only be 100 it should come to 900 not 840. I read a bit earlier and commented earlier but this seemed different then what the site said.
Yeah the glossy dots portion of the sites says 840 but the email said 1000. It's strange and inconsistent.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using my brush since I got it. It's so soft. I've been using a Guerlain one and the GB one is so much softer. Mine didn't smell bad at all. I did take it out of the plastic as soon as I opened it so maybe that helped.
Soft? Lol. Really?? It's ridiculously rough. I used if after a wash, hoping it would make it soft. I doubt it's really goat hair and if it is, that's one unfortunate goat. That's the roughest brush I own (over 40) so I don't know what happened here, ah well. The box contents itself were good so can't complain much.

If anyone wants it let me know...I should put this in the trade thread but lazy to go find it.

rofl2.gif
I already knew this but find it funny each time. That's a lot of dots.

Back