GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't completely mind going thru the resubscribing process if they did it immediatly.  Give us a special link, move us to the top of the list when they open.  If someone who had subscribed immediatly doesn't get back in in time, it would be really bad business.  In subs once you have a bad rep there's really no going back.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a CS email beside the form online?
Call their customer service number. I've had great luck and all their customer service reps seem to be really sweet. You may have to call 4-5 times to get someone (otherwise it says to leave a message and i know better...) See below for the number.

Contact us Service hotline:

1-855-738-1140 *

* tollfree

I wouldn't completely mind going thru the resubscribing process if they did it immediatly.  Give us a special link, move us to the top of the list when they open.  If someone who had subscribed immediatly doesn't get back in in time, it would be really bad business.  In subs once you have a bad rep there's really no going back.
Exactly

Originally Posted by dragonfly57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I e-mailed them about it and got the same response(about needing to resubscribe) and I sent them back an e-mail not happy at all. Telling them they very well MIGHT lose me as a customer b/c this is a problem on their end not mine(I checked my credit card) and that they can't mess up and then make me fix the problem. That's a horrible way to approach it from their end, bad CS. So anyway, hopefully they reply and give me better news.

I really did enjoy my GlossyBox, but this not cool. If they end up being a failure like MyGlam I'm going back to BB :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how long the wait list is for Glossy Box? 
Idk but before I was sub'd, I actually logged in & was somehow able to get around the waitlist. I was shock that my order had went through because they hadn't announced any open subs being available. Anyhow, you may want to try it. Who knows you may get lucky. 
wink.gif

So will those of us "on hold" have to cancel our accounts in order to re-subscribe once we receive the email from them next week? 

At the very least, I think they owe us all an apology for their mistake. I was just watching "thesassiwench" on youtube and, while showing

her myglam bag for this month, she was talking about how MyGlam had apologized for a mistake they had made in shipping with one

of her previous bags. At least they admit that they were in the wrong. I definitely hope GB can be as humble. Courtesy is very important

in CS. 

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And btw, none of us who are currently subscribed should go back to being on the waitlist for their mistake. 
I don't plan to unless they personally email me to let me know I can try to enter my information again. I'm not going out of my way again.

I'm not subscribed to GB, but I think that they're probably going through the same problems that MyGlam probably had when they first launched.  Remember it wasn't until March that MyGlam had the ability to change credit card information and billing addresses? I think Glossybox might be experiencing similar difficulties. 

Perhaps there something about doing online transactions that's tricky and the technicians and programers are still trying to resolve it.  After all, the coding that programers use to write and create websites is different and unique to each programer. Maybe everytime a company launches a site they have to create a separate billing code system and each new program will bound to have glitches since they've written a new and unique program code for billing. Companies that don't have their own billing system and use something like paypal get around the issue of developing their own code because their using a preexisting one.  Am I making sense or did this go over everyone's heads?

Nope, I totally get it..It takes a lot of data and work behind the programs and with identity theft and US regulations, I totally see where Glossybox is coming from. They launched earlier than expected and were flooded by tons of beauty junkies..mistakes are going to happen. They are a new start up in this country. So, does it suck that the glitch or error hit some of us? Yes, of course..but if you don't want the GB, thousands of others do. Stick around or don't, this won't be the last time GB makes a booboo. It happens.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not subscribed to GB, but I think that they're probably going through the same problems that MyGlam probably had when they first launched.  Remember it wasn't until March that MyGlam had the ability to change credit card information and billing addresses? I think Glossybox might be experiencing similar difficulties. 

Perhaps there something about doing online transactions that's tricky and the technicians and programers are still trying to resolve it.  After all, the coding that programers use to write and create websites is different and unique to each programer. Maybe everytime a company launches a site they have to create a separate billing code system and each new program will bound to have glitches since they've written a new and unique program code for billing. Companies that don't have their own billing system and use something like paypal get around the issue of developing their own code because their using a preexisting one.  Am I making sense or did this go over everyone's heads?

Got my payment success update emails :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Sad to hear about some users having issues! 

Hopefully we will work out these growing pains!

And I have seen that some people say the GB brush in the first box wasn't soft?

Haha, mine's as soft as my MAC 168 - my favorite cheek brush. Hmm! Quality control issues maybe?!

I received my e-mail that I was charged. I know I joined late last month which is why I got my box around the 30th, will that be the same this month? Or do they send out early like Birchbox does? I loved my May box so I can't wait to see what I get this month.

Originally Posted by AngiexR /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my e-mail that I was charged. I know I joined late last month which is why I got my box around the 30th, will that be the same this month? Or do they send out early like Birchbox does? I loved my May box so I can't wait to see what I get this month.
they ship the last week of the month 

GB ships towards the end of the month.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my payment success update emails :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Sad to hear about some users having issues! 

Hopefully we will work out these growing pains!

And I have seen that some people say the GB brush in the first box wasn't soft?

Haha, mine's as soft as my MAC 168 - my favorite cheek brush. Hmm! Quality control issues maybe?!
Yeah mine is very soft too. There must have a been bad batch out there somewhere. I'm no brush newbie and this was very smooth and not rough at all.

I guess I got a brush from the bad batch. The bristles were extremely scratchy and it made a mess of my blush!

Just an FYI- you got the June box. They ship towards the end of one month for the next month's box. The May box was the freebie they gave away in a contest.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just an FYI- you got the June box. They ship towards the end of one month for the next month's box. The May box was the freebie they gave away in a contest.
Nope, the freebie was April, the burberry/amore pacifica/zoya etc was May. If you click on "the box" on the glossybox site, it tells you what month the box is. 

I really do hope they open up subs again. Not just for the people who really want it, but for the people who are getting screwed right now. 

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I got a brush from the bad batch. The bristles were extremely scratchy and it made a mess of my blush!
I haven't tested mine yet, but I did feel my brush and it isn't soft. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back