GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you using it once a day or both am/pm? I know you have sensitive skin - trying to gauge what would be best for mine (which is also sensitive, but maybe not quite as much as yours).
I'm using it once a day, just like the bottle says. I noticed this morning my blackheads are virtually gone!

I tried the Wella yesterday. While it didn't do much for my hair, it smells soooooo good. My hair smelled amazing for the rest of the day!

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the Wella yesterday. While it didn't do much for my hair, it smells soooooo good. My hair smelled amazing for the rest of the day!
Agreed! It made my hair feel soft but didn't do much else. It smelled so good though that I went out and bought a full size bottle but I got the one for coarse hair instead.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dots where did you buy your full sized Wella at? I am looking to but it. I left mine in my hair all night and made my dry hair beautiful. I just finished getting all my glossy points just now! I did take all the surveys ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I mean it's not my fault they are there;)

Dots where did you buy your full sized Wella at? I am looking to but it. I left mine in my hair all night and made my dry hair beautiful. I just finished getting all my glossy points just now! I did take all the surveys ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I mean it's not my fault they are there;)
I got the full sized Wella at Ulta and they had several of the litre products on sale this past week atleast like some of the other Beauty Stores did. It smells great! I also got a couple other shampoos and conditoners which I am also enjoying. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh awesome thank you so much. They are just building an ultra next to me which will be open next month I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I'm in the Shea Terra black soap with rose hips fan club for sure.  I love using it as a mask.  I'd say, after my experience from using up a little bottle using the mask type method, that IF you do choose to use a Clarisonic with it, perhaps don't do it for as long.  Maybe a quick go over, because it is pretty intense.  

I also find that sometimes the smell is fine to me and at other times, it's kind of too earthy.  Must be hormonal for me, sometimes I have super smell I guess!  I thought about putting a few drops of lavender essential oil in the bottle and shaking to mix, couldn't hurt and might mask the smell a little without going against the smell too much, if that makes any sense.  Lavender is soothing too, so could be a bonus.  When I repurchase, I'll definitely try the lemongrass version.  Do you guys think it's much of a difference smell wise or is the earthy scent still predominant?  It works wonders, though, so it's worth a little off scent, in my opinion.

I'm going to break out my second bottle, with all of the newer samples I'd forgotten about it and it really does help with blackheads.  Thanks for the reminder!  Blackheads are such a pain, I wish I could be totally blackhead free with small pores.  

Originally Posted by classntrash /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone still trading?

I got the June box today, and am willing to trade the Ofra Shadow (Goldilocks) and the AHAVA wash (hibiscus & fig) for the Shea Terra cream and mascara. I'll throw in the perfume sample and Wella cream too.

Though this was only my first Glossy Box, I'm going to cancel. It didn't quite meet my expectations.
I haven't even received my June box and I've already cancelled my subscription. It doesn't seem worth the money to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That stuff burns the heck out of my face. The odor kills me, too!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in the Shea Terra black soap with rose hips fan club for sure.  I love using it as a mask.  I'd say, after my experience from using up a little bottle using the mask type method, that IF you do choose to use a Clarisonic with it, perhaps don't do it for as long.  Maybe a quick go over, because it is pretty intense.  

I also find that sometimes the smell is fine to me and at other times, it's kind of too earthy.  Must be hormonal for me, sometimes I have super smell I guess!  I thought about putting a few drops of lavender essential oil in the bottle and shaking to mix, couldn't hurt and might mask the smell a little without going against the smell too much, if that makes any sense.  Lavender is soothing too, so could be a bonus.  When I repurchase, I'll definitely try the lemongrass version.  Do you guys think it's much of a difference smell wise or is the earthy scent still predominant?  It works wonders, though, so it's worth a little off scent, in my opinion.

I'm going to break out my second bottle, with all of the newer samples I'd forgotten about it and it really does help with blackheads.  Thanks for the reminder!  Blackheads are such a pain, I wish I could be totally blackhead free with small pores.  

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That stuff burns the heck out of my face. The odor kills me, too!
It's definitely intense!  That's why I was concerned with adding a Clarisonic to the mix, can you imagine?  I don't know how it does what it does, but it digs in deep and cleans out pores.  I'm not even in the sensitive skin category and I have to not use it every day, it's an every other or every third type product, especially if I use it as a mask, then maybe once a week.  I'm kind of masking myself out lately and getting the resulting purge, which is good I suppose?  Just want to get rid of all the trouble spots.  Urgh.  The things we do as women for beauty . . . 
smileno.gif

Curious if anyone got the Sheaterra whip in Marula? It's the last scent I want to try and been looking for other than Vanilla (just found someone 4 vanilla and thank u!) I remember someone saying on here it smelled like almonds and I love almond soaps! Ah! Please let me know if you still have yours unused and willing to trade! It would really complete my trade for the month! Wheeee! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Swap list is in my signature! Thank you. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have a question about the Black Soap with Rose Hips.  The website says "get rid of dead skin, even skin tone, firm skin and fight acne. Look younger in just minutes of use" and am wondering if anyone can tell me if they have noticed a difference in aging skin.  I'm 47 and have some blotchy spots on my cheeks and a few small wrinkles.  I am wondering if anyone using this product has noticed a difference in their skin tone or diminishing of wrinkles. Thanks!

Originally Posted by ShesaRenegade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have a question about the Black Soap with Rose Hips.  The website says "get rid of dead skin, even skin tone, firm skin and fight acne. Look younger in just minutes of use" and am wondering if anyone can tell me if they have noticed a difference in aging skin.  I'm 47 and have some blotchy spots on my cheeks and a few small wrinkles.  I am wondering if anyone using this product has noticed a difference in their skin tone or diminishing of wrinkles. Thanks!
I am curious about that too! I have really bad blotchy spots. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I keep seeing Shea Terra posts scattered throughout this thread! I've actually been wanting to try Bananas and Baobabs. What is that like? I'd actually love to try it. I have the Amore Pacific Moisturizer from May's box if anyone would like to trade. 

It is July 17th and I just now got my June box. That was quite a wait. I cancelled a week ago and now I got the box and LOVE it, thinking I should re sub? ughhh so frustrating.

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh awesome thank you so much. They are just building an ultra next to me which will be open next month I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Welcome!!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ladies who received the leaked products and ruined boxes: Has anybody received a replacement box?? Or an e-mail with a tracking number or anything???

I am still waiting!!!

Originally Posted by BabyMafalda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ladies who received the leaked products and ruined boxes: Has anybody received a replacement box?? Or an e-mail with a tracking number or anything???

I am still waiting!!!
Nope, just the very irritating email reply that didn't actually address the issue.

Originally Posted by BabyMafalda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am still waiting!!!
Nope. Still waiting. If I don't see a replacement by the time the July boxes ship I'm filing a dispute with Paypal. I'm going to have to since I have yet to be refunded the $21 for July.

I keep seeing Shea Terra posts scattered throughout this thread! I've actually been wanting to try Bananas and Baobabs. What is that like? I'd actually love to try it. I have the Amore Pacific Moisturizer from May's box if anyone would like to trade. 
I received the Bananas & Baobabs body butter sample in my GB and love it! It smells so delicious and works great. Highly recommend it so hopefully you can find someone to trade, or you can visit their site and pick one up for $6 - they have a promo code "July2012" for 30% off.

Latest posts

Back