GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, just the very irritating email reply that didn't actually address the issue.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. Still waiting. If I don't see a replacement by the time the July boxes ship I'm filing a dispute with Paypal. I'm going to have to since I have yet to be refunded the $21 for July.

scared.gif

scream3.gif
icon_sad.gif

Thank you, ladies!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. Still waiting. If I don't see a replacement by the time the July boxes ship I'm filing a dispute with Paypal. I'm going to have to since I have yet to be refunded the $21 for July.
I read somewhere that they said they'd be sending out replacements this week sometime, but I haven't heard anything other than that. :

Edit: I found the post from GB on FB (on Monday)

GlossyBox.com Hi Michelle, we apologize for the delay in your replacement. We recently changed offices so the boxes are going out shortly. You will receive tracking information when they do. xx Monday at 12:36pm ·

Just got an email saying they are shipping my replacement box today. I hope they send tracking when it actually goes out.

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read somewhere that they said they'd be sending out replacements this week sometime, but I haven't heard anything other than that. :

Edit: I found the post from GB on FB (on Monday)

GlossyBox.com Hi Michelle, we apologize for the delay in your replacement. We recently changed offices so the boxes are going out shortly. You will receive tracking information when they do. xx Monday at 12:36pm ·

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got an email saying they are shipping my replacement box today. I hope they send tracking when it actually goes out.
Thank you, ladies!!!

Just a side note on the Shea Terra. If anyone gets the bourbon vanilla one, watch it in heat. Mine is completely melted and it won't go back to its original form. It looks just like vanilla extract. I have emailed them and they told me to put it in the fridge and it hasn't changed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So make sure you're at home when its scheduled to be delivered!

Originally Posted by miss6aby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious if anyone got the Sheaterra whip in Marula? It's the last scent I want to try and been looking for other than Vanilla (just found someone 4 vanilla and thank u!) I remember someone saying on here it smelled like almonds and I love almond soaps! Ah!

Please let me know if you still have yours unused and willing to trade! It would really complete my trade for the month! Wheeee!
biggrin.gif

Swap list is in my signature! Thank you.
wink.gif
I got that one in my box. If I hadn't already used half of it, I would have traded with you! It smells amazing; it's worth if if you can get your hands on it! I like the way the moisture really sinks into your skin to hydrate (some creams/body butters just sit on the surface, but I feel like the Sheaterra ones really moisturize without being greasy!) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got that one in my box. If I hadn't already used half of it, I would have traded with you! It smells amazing; it's worth if if you can get your hands on it! I like the way the moisture really sinks into your skin to hydrate (some creams/body butters just sit on the surface, but I feel like the Sheaterra ones really moisturize without being greasy!) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ahhh jelly! The containers are so cute! Does it really smell like almondS? Like cherry almonds soaps almost?

Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!!!! The Shea Terra sinks in so nice! I'm a hand cream expert because I have fingertip psoriasis and moisturize about 1000 times a day. I go through hand creams like no one else. This is the first one that is thick, but absorbs and doesn't leave you greasy. I've found a winner!!! Plus my psoriasis has disappeared since I started using it. I hope it continues!

Originally Posted by ShesaRenegade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I am going to have to put in an order.  You are all enablers!
wink.gif
Seriously! Instead of MakeUp Talk it should be called EnablersTalk

Originally Posted by miss6aby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhh jelly! The containers are so cute! Does it really smell like almondS? Like cherry almonds soaps almost?
Yes! Are you familiar with the way the original Jergen's body lotion smells (cherry almond)? (If not, you could smell the bottle the next time you go to the store). It smells very similar to that, but a little lighter! It's a very pleasant, yummy scent! 

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!!!! The Shea Terra sinks in so nice! I'm a hand cream expert because I have fingertip psoriasis and moisturize about 1000 times a day. I go through hand creams like no one else. This is the first one that is thick, but absorbs and doesn't leave you greasy. I've found a winner!!! Plus my psoriasis has disappeared since I started using it. I hope it continues!
I'm so glad you think so too; It's such a good product! This was my first time trying it out, and I'm definitely impressed with how well it moisturizes. (I'm glad to hear it works on psoriasis! I have spots of psoriasis on my arms that I would love to nix. I should try it out there and see if it helps. (I've just been using it on my hands since it's a little jar.)

I just got my Shea Terra order. Yep, the marula shea butter does smell like almonds! I also love the bananas and baobaobs. I was hoping to get a sample of the black soap that everyone has been raving about, but I didn't. I did get a few nice oil samples.

To me the Marula Shea Butter smells more like pistachios but that may be a subconscious reaction to the color. But it reminds me of the way pistachio pudding mix smells when you open the box, LOL.

Sorry, if this has already been addressed, I haven't been on here in awhile.  Has anyone tried to cancel their subscription?  If so, when do you do so, since we were already charged in the beginning of this month?? I read you can't cancel within 2 weeks of boxes being shipped, so does that mean you can only cancel in the first week of the month? After they already charged you?  That sounds like shenanigans to me!  How can they even charge you without shipping shortly after? I didn't even think that was legal with internet retail.  Sorry, for the rant, I'm getting irked with this one and it's only their 2nd box. I'm really enjoying Birchbox and MyGlam, so me thinks this one is going to be sheeeeeiit canned very soon.  Oh yeah, and I haven't received my replacement box and Ahava sample yet and the email I got from them about replacing was sent on 7/6.  Guurrrrrr!!!

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me the Marula Shea Butter smells more like pistachios but that may be a subconscious reaction to the color. But it reminds me of the way pistachio pudding mix smells when you open the box, LOL.
The Bananas and Baobobs smells just like juicy fruit gum. I let my 2 year old nephew smell it and he said "gum?" haha!

The Bananas and Baobobs smells just like juicy fruit gum. I let my 2 year old nephew smell it and he said "gum?" haha!
I love the smell of Juicy Fruit Gum, it has memories from when I was little, but I'm allergic to bananas since a few years ago so will order other scents instead. Also, they responded to my e-mail about the spilled AHAVA within a few days but never heard from them again regarding getting a replacement...

I recieved an AHAVA replacement today.  It was shrink wrapped so there was no way it could spill this time.   It's too bad it didn't go out that way in the first place.

I haven't gotten my replacement box I was promised. I emailed them a couple of days ago asking if it had been sent, and still have not received a response.

Latest posts

Back