GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received an email today that my next Glossybox is on it's way! I guess this is the August box?  

WTH?  Good Lord, I'm behind.  Yeah, I realized it said it was shipped out on the 18th, but it's still sitting in NJ.  

I'm not sure why it kicked out an email to me today.  Spoilers, eh?  I like being surprised.  Did you look?  Just tell me - is it good?  

That's subjective. For me, no and I'm cancelling lol. Maybe I'll sign up again later, but I'm not pleased by all the bs associated with this company. This was the redeeming box and it fell short..but that's just my opinion. A lot of others are happy, but I see a repeat brand already! I feel it's too early for that and more brands from the mag should be in the July box..

I'm pleased with either box I've seen. I expect repeat brands. BB has had Stila in every box since I joined. MG repeats NYX. It's nothing new to have repeats. I'm okay as long as they aren't the same exact products.

Just got my June replacement box... plus an extra package with ANOTHER Ahava cream wash! Wow, that was nice of them! Now let's see what this July box is going to look like!

Here's my belated June pictorial.

Expand the Spoiler to see the rest of the pictures.

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4733.JPG

ofra.jpg

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4692.JPG

Is that a Russian Olive tree you're using to prop the items? We use to have Russian olive trees in the yard of our old house and those trees had killer thorns like that.

Honestly, I don't know what it's called, but it would be really cool it if was since I'm originally from Russia!

It's a really big tree in the backyard of my apartment building, that's where I usually take my beauty box pictures, on the bench right underneath it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that a Russian Olive tree you're using to prop the items? We use to have Russian olive trees in the yard of our old house and those trees had killer thorns like that.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, I don't know what it's called, but it would be really cool it if was since I'm originally from Russia!

It's a really big tree in the backyard of my apartment building, that's where I usually take my beauty box pictures, on the bench right underneath it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love your blog. The pictures are awesome!

Oh, did you use the Ofra eyeshadow as an eyeliner?  Good idea!
i did try it as a eyeliner (received the dark grey shadow) and it was ok. It went on pretty smooth, but I felt it got flaky or ... chunky through the day. I used a shadow primer too. It was just so-so. But have to try when you got a product you don't love. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you! 
11.gif

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love your blog. The pictures are awesome!
My eyes just look super weird if I put on dark eye shadow, so I really had no choice. I'm glad it worked out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, did you use the Ofra eyeshadow as an eyeliner?  Good idea!

It didn't flake for me, instead it streaked a little bit during the application so I had to put on 2 coats and then slightly spray it with a finishing mist. I'm there with you about the products I don't love, it just felt like such a waste to not find a good use for it! 

Quote: Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did try it as a eyeliner (received the dark grey shadow) and it was ok. It went on pretty smooth, but I felt it got flaky or ... chunky through the day. I used a shadow primer too. It was just so-so. But have to try when you got a product you don't love. 
biggrin.gif

I kid you not, I got another leaky one LOL!! It has a small hole, and was a bit slimy around the top. I give up lol.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kid you not, I got another leaky one LOL!! It has a small hole, and was a bit slimy around the top. I give up lol.
 /facepalm

Pinata time!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Booo! Looks like it didn't leak everywhere, just inside the nice seal! lol..

I still haven't received my replacements. I asked about them last Wednesday, was told they'd ship out Friday. I inquired this past Monday if I'd receive a tracking number and got no response so on Wednesday I said if I didn't receive my replacements or contact by the company by Friday, I was filing a dispute to get my money back. It's now after Thursday, well after the 'business day' and I've heard nothing but received my new box.... I'm thinking that I should win the dispute I'm prepared to file, lol. 

I have yet to get a replacement either so I just emailed them again today. I DID tell AHAVA representatives - namely their PR person - directly what had happened and AHAVA not only gave me a replacement of it but also a ton of other AHAVA products.

Too bad TSA DESTROYED my trolly containing my products, opened the Rusk shampoo (and I'm not the only one whose Rusk was opened by TSA) and the AHAVA bath salts. The 12 oz bottle of shampoo went every where, the 2nd bottle is partially empty while the first is completely and the conditioner was open and some came out. The bath salts are not half empty. I had taped closed ALL the bottles as I packed for home and bubble wrapped things. When I got the trolly off the luggage pickup I saw it had been pried open and everything was everywhere... not how I packed it. The bubble wrap was gone and the tape was missing as well as the tops to that one bottle of shampoo completely gone. The trolly is a total loss.

Any ways, I did tell so many companies - when the subject came to beauty boxes - that I dropped my subscription to them and why. I also told them which I considered the best and the worst. So it's possible that some of these companies may end up with Birchbox or Beauty Army down the road if they were in talks with them. I showed them MUT and how popular beauty boxes are and more specifically which ones have the best reputations and which didn't. So we'll see.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Booo! Looks like it didn't leak everywhere, just inside the nice seal! lol..
There was a small hole that leaked a bit, but this time didn't contaminate the whole box. I do appreciate that they tried to take care of the leaking issue.

Back