GlossyBox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet to get a replacement either so I just emailed them again today. I DID tell AHAVA representatives - namely their PR person - directly what had happened and AHAVA not only gave me a replacement of it but also a ton of other AHAVA products.

Too bad TSA DESTROYED my trolly containing my products, opened the Rusk shampoo (and I'm not the only one whose Rusk was opened by TSA) and the AHAVA bath salts. The 12 oz bottle of shampoo went every where, the 2nd bottle is partially empty while the first is completely and the conditioner was open and some came out. The bath salts are not half empty. I had taped closed ALL the bottles as I packed for home and bubble wrapped things. When I got the trolly off the luggage pickup I saw it had been pried open and everything was everywhere... not how I packed it. The bubble wrap was gone and the tape was missing as well as the tops to that one bottle of shampoo completely gone. The trolly is a total loss.

Any ways, I did tell so many companies - when the subject came to beauty boxes - that I dropped my subscription to them and why. I also told them which I considered the best and the worst. So it's possible that some of these companies may end up with Birchbox or Beauty Army down the road if they were in talks with them. I showed them MUT and how popular beauty boxes are and more specifically which ones have the best reputations and which didn't. So we'll see.
I haven't flown anywhere recently, so I haven't had any issues like that. But I keep hearing horror stories about TSA, which seems like it could fill a whole new thread lol. That's too bad about your stuff. 

They sent me an entire box (with no notification, mind ya) to replace the defective items in the last one; identical box except the eyeshadow was a different color and the Ahava was shrink wrapped.

I dunno, my gut feeling was NOT to sign up, and I still wish I hadn't, but I'm sure they are fine for some folks' needs.

I have yet to get a replacement either so I just emailed them again today. I DID tell AHAVA representatives - namely their PR person - directly what had happened and AHAVA not only gave me a replacement of it but also a ton of other AHAVA products.

Too bad TSA DESTROYED my trolly containing my products, opened the Rusk shampoo (and I'm not the only one whose Rusk was opened by TSA) and the AHAVA bath salts. The 12 oz bottle of shampoo went every where, the 2nd bottle is partially empty while the first is completely and the conditioner was open and some came out. The bath salts are not half empty. I had taped closed ALL the bottles as I packed for home and bubble wrapped things. When I got the trolly off the luggage pickup I saw it had been pried open and everything was everywhere... not how I packed it. The bubble wrap was gone and the tape was missing as well as the tops to that one bottle of shampoo completely gone. The trolly is a total loss.

Any ways, I did tell so many companies - when the subject came to beauty boxes - that I dropped my subscription to them and why. I also told them which I considered the best and the worst. So it's possible that some of these companies may end up with Birchbox or Beauty Army down the road if they were in talks with them. I showed them MUT and how popular beauty boxes are and more specifically which ones have the best reputations and which didn't. So we'll see.
Ugh, that SUCKS.  I'm going to learn from this and if I buy anything beauty related that can leak like that on a trip I will make sure to just package separately and FedEx or USPS to myself.  

Wow, lucky you, Zadi! I emailed AHAVA just to inform them this had happened in my box and whoever responded was very rude - all they said was 'email glossybox for a replacement.' no sorry, thanks for the info, etc. so I emailed back and said I was just trying to let them know their packaging had leaked. It actually gave me a pretty bad idea of their CS compared to how they responded to you.

I received my replacement also the other day.  I was really only expecting the Ahava to be replaced, and a new box, but I received all of the items in the June box again.  Gold star for GlossyBox. I'm cancelling after I get billed for the August box, that will be my last.  I just don't think it's worth $21 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Foureaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my replacement also the other day.  I was really only expecting the Ahava to be replaced, and a new box, but I received all of the items in the June box again.  Gold star for GlossyBox. I'm cancelling after I get billed for the August box, that will be my last.  I just don't think it's worth $21 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lucky girl. I have yet to get any replacement much less my refund for July.

I just wanted to let everyone know that i loved the wella prof in this june box. I just went to pick some up at ulta. I did get the one for color treated hair. If you love the smell of this one the colored one doesnt smell as awesome. I just love the product but the smell was great. I got it on sale for 20$ was 26. This was for the big tub of product:)

I cancelled my subscription....*AGAIN* until they show a SERIOUS turnaround...someone in some thread compared glossybox to birchbox & it IS comparable -- I could get the same level of products/samples for $10 with a point system and ACTUAL customer service....that point made me realize I shouldn't hang on with *hopes* of them improving, so I let it go.

I just wanted to let everyone know that i loved the wella prof in this june box. I just went to pick some up at ulta. I did get the one for color treated hair. If you love the smell of this one the colored one doesnt smell as awesome. I just love the product but the smell was great. I got it on sale for 20$ was 26. This was for the big tub of product:)
Yay!!

Did anyone else receive an email from AHAVA about the defective product sent in the Glossybox and that a "replacement is on it's way"? I was wondering why I got an entire replacement box (that contained a shrink wrapped AHAVA cream wash) from Glossybox, and on the same day I also had a little white package that contained a shrink wrapped AHAVA. (I'm assuming the white Package was from AHAVA but not sure because I threw the package away). I got the replacements about a week ago but got the email from AHAVA yesterday. I thought it was strange but cool none the less, LOL!

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else receive an email from AHAVA about the defective product sent in the Glossybox and that a "replacement is on it's way"? I was wondering why I got an entire replacement box (that contained a shrink wrapped AHAVA cream wash) from Glossybox, and on the same day I also had a little white package that contained a shrink wrapped AHAVA. (I'm assuming the white Package was from AHAVA but not sure because I threw the package away). I got the replacements about a week ago but got the email from AHAVA yesterday. I thought it was strange but cool none the less, LOL!
Got the email, got the replacement GB, nothing in the mail from AHAVA (which is fine, as it WAS replaced in the replacement GB). Ironically, it wasn't even the AHAVA that was the biggest gripe I had about that month's GlossyBox.

I just got my replacement box and sadly, no precautions were taken to make sure that the Ahava didn't do what it did last time. They didn't bother to shrink wrap mine and it wound up seeping through the box and spilling all over the rest of the contents. I am grateful that they replaced the entire box, I thought that was very generous of them however I am still very disappointed that I will not be able to re-use the box for makeup storage. I also am not so thrilled that, again I lost more than 50% of the product they were replacing but I guess when you add up how much was salvaged from the last one plus what didn't leak out of this one, I end up with close to a full bottle.

Anywho- I got a different color shadow this time (Goldilocks) which I am looking to trade. I did test a small amount and noticed immediately that it would not work well on my skin tone. If anyone is interested in swaping PM me.

I finally got around to using the mascara. LOVE IT. Makes me look like I am wearing false lashes! I know a lot of people were complaing about it but I couldn't be happier with it. It works really well for me. There are so many things I want to purchase from this box. The Wella, SheaTerra and now the mascara.

I traded for the mascara and I'm happy with it.  I'm not sure if I like it better than my two HG mascaras (black: They're Real! and UD Curling, brown: DiorShow in Mitzah) - but it's nice.

Like most mascaras, it was AMAZING the first time I used it.  Future usage has been good but not as good - but I wore it today.  The only complaint I've read is it can smear by the end of the day.   But I haven't seen that issue on me.  

I actually do like the wand a lot - it makes it easy to apply.

Glad I traded for it!

I really like the mascara too!!! The wand is great! My friend has already long lashes and she got the box too. It makes her look like she's wearing falsies with one swipe! Fantastic!

I also like the mascara - I do have to swipe a lot of the product back into the container because it's kind of wet, but once I master the right amount the results are great!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also like the mascara - I do have to swipe a lot of the product back into the container because it's kind of wet, but once I master the right amount the results are great!
Ah same thing! It's sad because I realllly like the wand and the mascara works great. The first week I got it I had SO much in my eyes and it would get everywhere. Now I've learned to curtail the goopy-ness of it and am able to apply it. It has high potential, but they need to work on the excess amount that comes out on the wand. Love the shape though, and havent had an issue with my sensitive eyes once the product stopped getting into them :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Loved the wella and bought one online, only to realize I got the conditioner instead of the mask. It doesn't work as well. Next paycheck definitely getting the right product because it worked miracles on my hair and smelled so awesome.. and is affordable. Also buying the shaving cream -- it got rid of all of my ingrown hairs on legs etc. <3'd this box. 

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I traded for the mascara and I'm happy with it.  I'm not sure if I like it better than my two HG mascaras (black: They're Real! and UD Curling, brown: DiorShow in Mitzah) - but it's nice.

Like most mascaras, it was AMAZING the first time I used it.  Future usage has been good but not as good - but I wore it today.  The only complaint I've read is it can smear by the end of the day.   But I haven't seen that issue on me.  

I actually do like the wand a lot - it makes it easy to apply.

Glad I traded for it!
UD Curling is my HG mascara, too... I liked this mascara, but I do have a problem with it running a little under my eyes, which I never have with the UD mascara. My HG mascara used to be the Clinique High Impact mascara, but it runs a little, too (it's hot where I live!). The Show Off mascara ran more than the Clinique. I use it when I'm not going for a long day anywhere, though, and it's great.

My June replacement box came and came damaged.

Glossybox: My June replacement box My June Glossybox is cursed, I'm completely convinced of it since the original box had a leaking AHAVA body wash which Glossybox never replaced then the replacement box came and it had a product that got everywhere. Thankfully the PR person at the AHAVA booth at Cosmoprof North America Trade Show in Las Vegas was kind enough to do so and also gave me over $600 in products so I'm definitely NOT mad at AHAVA about it.

It took numerous emails to Glossybox to get a replacement for JUNE, they did refund me my money for JULY and sent me a box for July which I received on August 2nd or 3rd. The replacement for JUNE came today (August 13, 2012) and it's cursed!

And if I didn't make myself clear... Glossybox never did replace the AHAVA body wash.

The cursed boxes. Original on left, replacement on right.

AHAVA Mineral Botanic Hibiscus & Fig Velvet Cream Wash, 3 oz. This of course was open and leaked everywhere. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream, 2 oz.
OFRA Cosmetics Eye Shadow ICE in Go Black, 14 ml (expires 06/11/2014)
vBeauté Lite Up, Buying Time & Eye Never 0.033 fl oz
Wella Professionals Enrich Moisturizing Treatment, 0.84 fl oz
Perfume Organic Urban Organic perfume
First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream, 2 oz.
Wella Professionals Enrich Moisturizing Treatment, 0.84 fl oz -- leaked every where
Perfume Organic Urban Organic perfume
Shea Terra White Chocolate Whipped Shea Butter, 1 oz
Kinerase Restructure Firming Cream, 0.24 oz
Beauty Addicts Intense, Dramatic Lashes mascara, 0.39 oz I've emailed Glossybox to let them know the replacement came and it was damaged. At this point in time I'm not sure if I want a refund or not. I was thinking of asking for a refund because they didn't live up to my expectations HOWEVER in each box only one item came damaged while the rest of the products were fine so while I'm unhappy that the AHAVA was open, leaked everwhere and they never replaced it I DO have a brand new bottle of it from AHAVA themselves and while the Wella is empty I did get three other items I didn't get from Glossybox before plus the shave cream which alone is $7.50 so between the two of those it's $15, the mascara is $20, the OFRA shadow is $20 and the rest of the items that weren't leaking or damaged does equal over the $21 I paid for June.

One thing is for sure, I'm glad I cancelled my Glossybox subscription because their shipping is TERRIBLE. I don't mean the actual shipping with UPS or USPS and it's slow but rather their warehouse in packing the products is terrible. It's their job to make sure the products aren't leaving the warehouse in a condition that by the time it arrives to the customer the products are leaking or damaged. This is the 3rd box Glossybox sent to me for June - 1st box damaged, 2nd box never arrived, 3rd box damaged. They did give me a free box for July after refunding me for July so that's my 4th box. I hate to complain but all I wanted was Glossybox to send a replacement for their pink box and the AHAVA body wash. I appreciate that they sent me a complete box but it would have been nice if I didn't open it to find the Wella all over the rest of the products in it.

Back