GLOSSYBOX June 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you can use it instore?  They have several in CA but I opted to have it shipped since it would cost me more than $9.50 in gas to get there and back.  Still ridiculous $$ for shipping.  I ended up getting this because I've been wanting a similar necklace for ages and I really like how they did it.  http://www.cwonder.com/Categories/Sale/Jewelry/Clover-Layering-Chain-Necklace/product/CWS14-JN108.html
Gorgeous pick! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm too lazy to go to an actual store... even though the closest one to me is only ~15 miles away, but I don't have time. XD

@@tulippop ~ What a nice choice.  I was eyeballing that one myself. 

I was finally able to create a cart so, I have a few things to ponder sitting in it.   Hoping for a larger gift card amount in order to off set that shipping.  Ouch!   

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm...my box is still in pack phase...I wonder if all the complaints I have contacted glossy with and issues I have had are finally catching up with me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Backdoor doesn't work either. BUT they took another 1000 dots off for the May box that I ordered and didn't get - so I complained and got the points back considering trying to take 2000 points for a box that isn't coming isn't cool!

I've noticed the promo code doesn't work on sale items. There really isn't much I'd want there, so I'll give that a miss. 

I do like the box though. The hand lotions smells great, and the eye shadow is a lovely colour. 

Edit: Just tried the polish, alternating colours. I like the forumula. 

It was 93 degrees out earlier and I was out at my dog's obedience lesson, sweating buckets and getting slobbered on. But I had a face spray to cool me off, my Popsugar water bottle to drink from and my popsugar wet wipes to take care of the slobber situation. Then I got to come home to my GB, so now I smell good from the lotion and my nails look nice. This is why I love subs... what did I do without them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same box everyone seems to be getting.  I don't care for the nail polish colors, I can't use this type of hair product, and am so addicted to my Naked palette, all other eyeshadow sits around untouched.  I do like the lotions.  My gift card was only $5 and from what I hear I won't be buying anything but may browse the site for cute ideas to look on ebay or etsy for similar items for less later :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have one of those C Wonder stores where I live, but everything is so expensive! Where I am from, everything is more expensive, even the big name grocery store charges like four dollars more for paper towels., Not sure if C Wonder would raise their prices though, because I just found out they were a chain store. I am wondering when I get my gift card how much it will be, because some of the things they have are so cute!  :wub:

Back to the actual box, I have not seen any variations yet. This is usually normal for the people that first get their boxes though I have noticed. I hope their is some variation for the body butter and hand cream, seeing how those were the two spoilers Glossybox did not release, so that means there could be more products than just that.  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think my GB is being hand delivered from their HQ in New York.

It's been " shipped" but certainly not received for over a week. Is this usual?
Do they use Smart Post or another dumb 3rd party shipper?

Same here - I had to put mine in the promo code box. Mine was $5 too. The cheapest shipping option I saw was $9.50 for what I had in my cart so the card wasn't even enough to cover the shipping.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also - has anyone else tried the Camille Beckman Hand Therapy? I got Lemongrass Vert and Sparkling Grapefruit - fancy! I quite like it. It makes my hands feel smooth and has a great scent. I think I'll be buying more!!! Everything else in my GB was just ok.... I did appreciate the Strangebeautiful polish in red and blue though - a nice festive touch!

Gorgeous pick! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm too lazy to go to an actual store... even though the closest one to me is only ~15 miles away, but I don't have time. XD
I'm 28 miles away! lol  It feels so far though.

@@tulippop ~ What a nice choice.  I was eyeballing that one myself. 

I was finally able to create a cart so, I have a few things to ponder sitting in it.   Hoping for a larger gift card amount in order to off set that shipping.  Ouch!   
Thanks!  I really hope that it looks the same irl because that is a final sale item XD

I've noticed the promo code doesn't work on sale items. There really isn't much I'd want there, so I'll give that a miss. 

I do like the box though. The hand lotions smells great, and the eye shadow is a lovely colour. 

Edit: Just tried the polish, alternating colours. I like the forumula. 

It was 93 degrees out earlier and I was out at my dog's obedience lesson, sweating buckets and getting slobbered on. But I had a face spray to cool me off, my Popsugar water bottle to drink from and my popsugar wet wipes to take care of the slobber situation. Then I got to come home to my GB, so now I smell good from the lotion and my nails look nice. This is why I love subs... what did I do without them?
I just used mine today and it was on an item that was 50% off so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.  That is odd.

Also - has anyone else tried the Camille Beckman Hand Therapy? I got Lemongrass Vert and Sparkling Grapefruit - fancy! I quite like it. It makes my hands feel smooth and has a great scent. I think I'll be buying more!!! Everything else in my GB was just ok.... I did appreciate the Strangebeautiful polish in red and blue though - a nice festive touch!
I got some in Birchbox in the Midnight Monarch scent and found the scent overpowering. I gave it to my mom and she loved it. A citrusy scent might be good.

I got some in Birchbox in the Midnight Monarch scent and found the scent overpowering. I gave it to my mom and she loved it. A citrusy scent might be good.
If you like citrus scents you should give this one a try. I didn't think it was too strong. What was the midnight monarch like? I'm thinking something musky/woodsy??? That's not my thing so if it is I will be sure to steer clear!

I received the same box variation as everyone else. I don't mind the polish...I don't need any, but I might keep it. I'll keep both lotions, but the other two products will be up for trades. My gift card is for $5, so I won't be using it, the closest store is over an hour away, so that's not even worth the gas. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may go to C Wonder next week if my box gets here by then. Its 15 miles away.

I will be on my own most of next week, so I get to do whatever I want and most importantly eat whatever I want! Sushi!

My husband and daughter are picky eaters.

My husband and son are going to Boyscout Camp for 6 days and my daughter has water sports camp day camp 4 days.

If you like citrus scents you should give this one a try. I didn't think it was too strong. What was the midnight monarch like? I'm thinking something musky/woodsy??? That's not my thing so if it is I will be sure to steer clear!
Some perfume my aunts used to wear musky yet floral and just too strong. Mainly too strong, dipped my finger in and put the tiny dab on my hand and immediately washed it off but the scent stayed all day.

Bahhhh Glossybox- I don't really care for any of your products but I would KILL for one of those boxes.  Red, white and blue are the colors in my bedroom D:

I love the weight and feel of the box Glossybox uses, and this month's is beautifully designed.   

My C Wonder gift card is only for $5, so meh. . .I won't use it because shipping is almost $10.  Cute things, but the quality isn't all that great.  

I think the Ayres smells great, the Sumita is a gorgeous taupe that looks elegant and doesn't budge after a few seconds of drying time.  I like the Rusk sample, it'll be good to throw in my overnight bag and the Camille Beckman lotion bottle is pretty but I won't open until I've used up other hand lotions I have sitting around.   

The polish colors look saturated.   Maybe I'll go all festive and do a red manicure and blue pedicure (I'm too old for red and blue nails. . .it's one or the other for me!).  

I hope everyone enjoys their box.

The box is SUPER cute.  I think I was most excited about the box itself.. lol.

I like the hand cream - it is pretty perfumed.. so some might not like it, but I think it smells really nice.  I like the body butter too but it isn't going to last long - it is a small sample..  The eye pencil is a really pretty color -- actually one of my favorite colors for the lid.. however, it doesn't seem to be waterproof (to be fair, I don't think it claims to be), so you'll probably have to use eyeshadow on top of it to keep it in place all day.. I like the box.. I only got $5 for C Wonder.. Booooo... 

Latest posts

Back